Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2024 MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

2024 MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« on: February 22, 2024, 03:52:56 PM »
Fuck the Cubs, who will win the National League this year…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2024 MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 04:41:33 PM »
Fuck the Cubs, who will win the National League this year…

What an ironic coincidence.  I was just working on a new thread.  I was more verbose:

Spring Training is now in full swing (pun intended) with exhibition games about to crank up.  Obviously, the main focus of these threads each year centers around the Braves, Cubbies and Red Birds because nobody offers up a take on any other team. Right now, we’re all undefeated so we can all claim this to be our year. (It's the Cubs'.  We all know it.)

The Braves had a MLB leading win total of 104 games last year.  They were one of 3 teams to hit the hundo mark with the Orioles at 101 and Dodgers at 100.  With a few exceptions, the Braves will go with an almost identical line up in 2024, both in the line up and on the bump.  The Bravos set records offensively left and right, with several guys having career years, and Ronald Acuna Matada Jr. winning the MVP.  I…am…so….ready!!!!  NOT!  Crazy as it sounds, I can’t recall being less pumped for a season than this one.  104 wins coming off a World Series, and going for a back to back.  Then, the first round lets the air right out of that balloon, and I still have a hangover from it.  But, I’m sure I’ll get the fever again as soon as some games get started.

Really, the only somewhat significant changes to the Braves are the loss of outfielder, Eddie Rosario, and the addition of pitcher, Chris Sale.  Rosario stings a bit.  Solid bat in the line up and decent in left field.  They signed Jarred Kelenic from Seattle, who really hasn’t done much.  He’s a “promising prospect”.  For about a 5-6 year stretch in his career, Sale was a beast.  The 6’6” lanky lefty could bring it up there in a hurry.  However, he’s 34 now, and the last 3-4 years have been marred by injuries and less than stellar throwing of the baseballs.  They gave him a nice 2 year contract, so I’m hoping the Braves feel like he can gain some of that form back.

The Cards limped to the finish line last season, with a 71-91 record.  Jar can speak to the expectations far better than I can, just as Buzz will have to give a Cubbies breakdown.  It looks to me like some of these young bucks like Jordan Walker, Lars Nutbar, Tommy Edman and Brendan Donovan are going to have to have some break out years. Arenado is 32, coming off back issues and kind of mentally checking out for 2023.  Maybe just a bump in the road.  Goldy is 36 and Matt Carpenter is 38.  On the mound, Miles Mikolas is now 35, but he’s a true pitcher, so age is not much of a factor.  I looked down that pitching roster, and I honestly don’t know who factors in.  Again, give us the 411 Major Jar.

Not that anyone wants my thoughts on the Cubs, who finished 83-79 last year, behind only the Brew Crew in the Central.  But Buzzy, you’re gonna’ have to help a brother out. I hardly recognize 5 names on that roster, and the Comeback Player of the Year, Cody Bellinger, still hasn’t signed.  Or did he in the last few days?

It may be a mute…err, moot point anyway, because the Dodgers broke the bank and picked up Show Hey Ohhhh-face-tani.  I hate those frickers.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:43:32 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:48:04 PM »
Dodgers will be hard to beat. 

If they axe their manager before August, they will win it all.  If not?  They will fold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 10:09:10 AM »
Cards picked up Sonny Gray, which was the big off season signing.  Who?

Also resigned former Cardinal Lance Lynn and Matt Carpenter.  Shit, the band is getting back together, why not try to get Molina to come back for one more year.

We still keep Marmol as manager, so I expect when we limp out the gate at a .400 winning percentage, he will be fired at midseason.  Lots of people wanted Molina to be brought in as pitching coach.  I'm cursed to be a fan of teams with dumbass fanbases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 10:29:16 AM »
Cards picked up Sonny Gray, which was the big off season signing.  Who?

Also resigned former Cardinal Lance Lynn and Matt Carpenter.  Shit, the band is getting back together, why not try to get Molina to come back for one more year.

We still keep Marmol as manager, so I expect when we limp out the gate at a .400 winning percentage, he will be fired at midseason.  Lots of people wanted Molina to be brought in as pitching coach.  I'm cursed to be a fan of teams with dumbass fanbases.

I didn't realize they brought Marmol back.  20 games under .500 shouldn't warrant another year. I can see it if the Cards had a fire sale before last season, and were trying to build it back from the ground up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 11:26:48 AM »
I didn't realize they brought Marmol back.  20 games under .500 shouldn't warrant another year. I can see it if the Cards had a fire sale before last season, and were trying to build it back from the ground up.

That's the route I wanted us to take, honestly.  We aren't winning with Goldie or Nolan..  Trade them and get some young players.  Instead?  Let's sign a 38 year old designated hitter and a pitcher with a noodle arm..  just because they played here before and had success.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 11:44:30 AM »
Cards picked up Sonny Gray, which was the big off season signing. 

I think he has led the majors in wild pitches a couple of seasons. 

I have become a Cards fan because a good friend of the family is in their farm system in Peoria.  I hope he gets a shot in a couple years.  Former Auburn SS Brody Moore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 12:05:01 PM »
I think he has led the majors in wild pitches a couple of seasons. 

I have become a Cards fan because a good friend of the family is in their farm system in Peoria.  I hope he gets a shot in a couple years.  Former Auburn SS Brody Moore.

GO CHIEFS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 12:11:16 PM »
GO CHIEFS!  The Fighting Swifties

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 12:54:37 PM »
GO CHIEFS!

His high school mascot was Redskins.  Good to know that theme is continuing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

chinook

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2024, 03:41:58 PM »
my predictions for the MLB season

al east  - tampa bay  ...yankees will make a run.
al central - not sure any team will challenge the twins
al west - competitive again but i like the rangers.  fuck jen.

nl east - braves   ...my hometown team
nl central i like the cubs this year. 
nl west  dodgers.

WS rangers vs braves.  braves win. braves win. braves win.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 04:05:43 PM »
my predictions for the MLB season

al east  - tampa bay  ...yankees will make a run.
al central - not sure any team will challenge the twins
al west - competitive again but i like the rangers.  fuck jen.

nl east - braves   ...my hometown team
nl central i like the cubs this year. 
nl west  dodgers.

WS rangers vs braves.  braves win. braves win. braves win.

I like the cut of your jib, Mister. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2024, 05:17:30 PM »
I like the cut of your jib, Mister.

Oh sure, Nook calls it for the Braves, and you like the cut of his jib.  But Buzz or I say it, and we have to look over our shoulders for some lawyer who may cut us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2024, 05:32:33 PM »
Oh sure, Nook calls it for the Braves, and you like the cut of his jib.  But Buzz or I say it, and we have to look over our shoulders for some lawyer who may cut us.

I hear both of you, but there is absolutely no sincerity in either of your voices. In fact, I recognize it for exactly what it is.
 Your weak attempts at reverse karma.  I wasn't born right after I fell off the turnip truck yesterday, bucko!!

Phillies in the East!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2024, 06:05:10 PM »
Your weak attempts at reverse karma.

It worked last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2024, 02:01:47 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2024, 08:53:55 AM »
After years and years of negotiating and waiting, finally Bellinger made his way back to the Cubs over the weekend. Add him to all those blockbuster moves they made over the summer and we should cruise to an NL Central title. More of the current 40 man roster retired in the offseason than the Cubs picked up any players. Addition by subtraction.  We bowlin baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2024, 09:30:18 AM »
After years and years of negotiating and waiting, finally Bellinger made his way back to the Cubs over the weekend. Add him to all those blockbuster moves they made over the summer and we should cruise to an NL Central title. More of the current 40 man roster retired in the offseason than the Cubs picked up any players. Addition by subtraction.  We bowlin baby!

How you feeling about the addition of Counsell?

My picks for the Central

1) cubs
2) Reds
3) Brewers
4) Pirates
5) Cards
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2024, 02:47:16 PM »
How you feeling about the addition of Counsell?

My picks for the Central

1) cubs
2) Reds
3) Brewers
4) Pirates
5) Cards
He's always been a good hitter.  What position will he play though?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 02:49:13 PM »
He's always been a good hitter.  What position will he play though?

Team ZJer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions