Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bag Boys Bag Boys

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Bag Boys Bag Boys
« on: February 22, 2024, 11:11:44 AM »
Yesterday, in an interview with Shannon Sharpe, Johnny Manziel said what? USA Today

It’s the spring of 2014, December 2013," Manziel said during an interview with Shannon Sharpe, for his podcast Club Shay Shay. "I’m getting ready to make this decision on if I’m going to the NFL draft or if I’m going to stay. My dad went and had a meeting with Kevin Sumlin. And pretty much went to him man to man and was like, ‘We’ll take $3 million and we’ll stay for the next two years.’

"And my dad did this without me knowing. And I ain’t mad at him about it for nothing."

Manziel eventually left school and was drafted in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft by the Cleveland Browns.

Manziel also said that schools, even a decade ago, had a "bag man", someone known for handing out cash to players and sometimes to recruits to secure a commitment.

"It’s the way the business worked back then," Manziel said. "There was a bag man. There was a bag man at LSU. There was a bag man at ‘Bama. There was a bag man at every school around the country if you were competing for a national title. It is what it was, and it was always that way until we’re into the NIL portion of everything now, the way it should be."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Bag Boys Bag Boys
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 11:18:28 AM »
Well, the NCAA couldn't prove shit in Auburn, so fuck that narrative.

/sarcasm.

Yeah, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Bag Boys Bag Boys
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 11:35:58 AM »
Well, the NCAA couldn't prove shit in Auburn, so fuck that narrative.

/sarcasm.

Yeah, if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

If the old ESPN documentary on Marcus Dupree comes around again, watch it.  Wild ass stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."