Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rick & Bubba

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Rick & Bubba
« on: February 01, 2024, 02:29:13 PM »
After 30 years on air, the Rick & Bubba Show announced this will be their final year. Honestly, was never a big fan, but I respect them for what they've done. 30 years on air means you obviously appeal to someone.  Rick Burgess has definite Auburn connections, as his father, Bill Burgess, played fullback for AU in the early 60's.  His son, Blake, played at Auburn, and played in every game on the 2010 MNC team, mostly on special teams and offensive guard. Rick also does a ton with men's Christian ministries as well.  Anyway, last year for the show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Re: Rick & Bubba
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 04:28:23 PM »
Their ratings have them at 3rd in the market.  They have been mailing it in for a while. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 06:02:33 PM »
Their ratings have them at 3rd in the market.  They have been mailing it in for a while.

About five minutes of braying laughter at comments that were not remotely funny was enough for me.  I absolutely could not listen to their show and am surprised by the fact they are still on the air.  Same goes for the infantile perverts Lex and Terry. 

The only thing memorable about Rick and Bubba was that I heard about the Twin Towers while driving to work and scrolling the radio.  My memory is hazy but the scan landed on their station about the time they announced the first tower had been hit.  I paused long enough to hear them mention it and make a few comments.  They are about to revert back to hillbilly hee haw - and I was about to start scanning again - when they said the second plane hit. 

I did change the channel then. Looking for real news. 

That’s all I remember from them at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 07:41:56 PM »
About five minutes of braying laughter at comments that were not remotely funny was enough for me.  I absolutely could not listen to their show and am surprised by the fact they are still on the air.  Same goes for the infantile perverts Lex and Terry. 

The only thing memorable about Rick and Bubba was that I heard about the Twin Towers while driving to work and scrolling the radio.  My memory is hazy but the scan landed on their station about the time they announced the first tower had been hit.  I paused long enough to hear them mention it and make a few comments.  They are about to revert back to hillbilly hee haw - and I was about to start scanning again - when they said the second plane hit. 

I did change the channel then. Looking for real news. 

That’s all I remember from them at all.

Understandable.  They were hack from the beginning.  I was listening to the same that day.  They were the “original” viral following.  They got a solid base and exploited it.  Their early stuff from Gadsden was actually good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 07:42:46 PM »
RIP School Closing Tony.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions