dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: RIP Terry Beasley
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 10:30:18 AM »
Being an old fart, I had the privilege of seeing him catch over the shoulder bombs from Patrick Sullivan in person.  An Auburn legend!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 10:58:44 AM »
Being an old fart, I had the privilege of seeing him catch over the shoulder bombs from Patrick Sullivan in person.  An Auburn legend!
You ain’t never met Martin Luther the king.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 11:11:00 AM »
As a ten year old it was the 1969 team that made me an Auburn fan for life. Terry Beasley was a huge part of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 01:21:01 PM »
Rest well Terry. Still have his autograph on a golf card from Woodly Country Club. I got when ran into him when about 11 or 12 before he reported to the Niners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 02:12:03 PM »
Rest well Terry. Still have his autograph on a golf card from Woodly Country Club. I got when ran into him when about 11 or 12 before he reported to the Niners.

Montgomery?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 02:18:37 PM »

Same here.  We practiced those over the shoulder bombs in the back yard countless times. 

I always had to be Sullivan. My brother got to be Beasley.  Somewhere my mom has a photo of me throwing to my brother, ball in the air and him looking back over his shoulder. 

We were too little to really know much other than what we saw on the flickering, grainy black and white tv.  I was maybe six or seven when I saw him play.   

But we were Sullivan to Beasley for probably half a decade after in backyard ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 02:56:31 PM »
Same here.  We practiced those over the shoulder bombs in the back yard countless times. 

I always had to be Sullivan. My brother got to be Beasley.  Somewhere my mom has a photo of me throwing to my brother, ball in the air and him looking back over his shoulder. 

We were too little to really know much other than what we saw on the flickering, grainy black and white tv.  I was maybe six or seven when I saw him play.   

But we were Sullivan to Beasley for probably half a decade after in backyard ball.

These guys were larger than life, and it was especially magnified when you maybe got to see them a couple of times a year.  You had to use the ole imagination when you could only listen to the game on the radio, or read about the exploits on the gridiron the next day.  23 Skidoo!!!

Sullivan to Beasley was even a phrase on bumper stickers.  At that same time, Florida had a great duo in Reaves to Alverez.  John Reaves and Carlos Alverez. Incredible connection between those two, but in 70' and 71', Sullivan to Beasley, beat the ever lovin' shit out of the Gators. Scored 63 in Gainesville. 

In another bit of way back trivia, in the 1971' Gator Bowl, Auburn played none other than Archie Manning and Ole Miss.  Yes, they were two SEC teams, but hadn't played each other in almost 20 years.  I remember that game and thinking, Archie is good, but no way they hang with Auburn.  It went right down to the wire, and Manning was their entire offense.  Auburn won 35-28 with Sullivan throwing for over 350 yards.

Think about that. 350 yards passing in 1971.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2024, 05:13:12 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2024, 05:17:55 PM »
Yes sir.

A blast from the past.  Grew up not too far from there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions