dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

Re: Rocky Flop
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 12:51:13 PM »
Great news as always.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 05:12:55 PM »
Sounds like trouble brewin for the hillfolk:

https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1752373512088465758

I no longer believe anything Forde says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 12:15:40 PM »
To sort of update the Tennessee situation, if the NCAA has any balls left, and trust me, I know about that, then UT would be F-E-R-K-E-D! 

Readers Digest version: The Vols are well within the 5 year repeat offender window, having just gotten popped for bags of cash and Happy Meals.  They approached that situation with hat in hand to the NCAA, and said, "Hey, we cleaned house, self-imposed, blah blah blah....take it easy on us." Now, it's guns-a-blazin'.  The UT Chancellor writes a scathing response to the NCAA, calling them liars and butt faces.  The Attorney General sued the NCAA as well.

But here's the thing.  When you read her letter and see what the AG says, all I hear is, "Yeah, we did it, but it ain't right.  It just ain't right, I tell ya'."

What it comes down to is, the major UT NIL collective was used to recruit a high profile QB to Tennessee.  They are pretty much admitting it happened, but saying the NCAA rules weren't clear.  Look, there are very few fans of the NCAA for a litany of reasons, and yes, they totally botched the NIL thing from the start.  But everybody, including Tennessee, knows it's not supposed to be used to recruit. Granted, everybody knows it is, but that's not the point. 

UT has to be VERY aggressive here, and even invoke the Chewbacca Defense if need be, because if they get popped as a repeat offender on level 1 violations, see "ferked" above.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 01:32:27 PM »
To sort of update the Tennessee situation, if the NCAA has any balls left, and trust me, I know about that, then UT would be F-E-R-K-E-D! 

Readers Digest version: The Vols are well within the 5 year repeat offender window, having just gotten popped for bags of cash and Happy Meals.  They approached that situation with hat in hand to the NCAA, and said, "Hey, we cleaned house, self-imposed, blah blah blah....take it easy on us." Now, it's guns-a-blazin'.  The UT Chancellor writes a scathing response to the NCAA, calling them liars and butt faces.  The Attorney General sued the NCAA as well.

But here's the thing.  When you read her letter and see what the AG says, all I hear is, "Yeah, we did it, but it ain't right.  It just ain't right, I tell ya'."

What it comes down to is, the major UT NIL collective was used to recruit a high profile QB to Tennessee.  They are pretty much admitting it happened, but saying the NCAA rules weren't clear.  Look, there are very few fans of the NCAA for a litany of reasons, and yes, they totally botched the NIL thing from the start.  But everybody, including Tennessee, knows it's not supposed to be used to recruit. Granted, everybody knows it is, but that's not the point. 

UT has to be VERY aggressive here, and even invoke the Chewbacca Defense if need be, because if they get popped as a repeat offender on level 1 violations, see "ferked" above.   

Looks like UGA is the new Bama.  It's not enough to win, you have to grind your rivals into dust.  Florida and UT have the hounds sniffing around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.