Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Micky D's

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Micky D's
« on: January 23, 2024, 04:36:05 PM »
From Auburn Undercover

For the fourth time in the last five years, Auburn can boast a McDonald's All-American in its recruiting class, as 5-star point guard signee Tahaad Pettiford was named to this year's roster Tuesday.

Pettiford is the fourth McDonald's All-American at Auburn since Bruce Pearl arrived, as he joins Aden Holloway, Jabari Smith, Sharife Cooper, Korvotney Barber and Frank Ford as the program's all-time honorees.

In the final update of the 247Sports rankings for the 2024 cycle, Pettiford received a bump up from No. 25 overall to No. 22 during his senior season at Hudson Catholic (Jersey City, N.J.). That increase moved him up the No. 1 point guard in the country in the 247Sports Composite ranking.

Pettiford committed to Auburn last February, then signed in November. He's rated as the No. 5 signee in program history.

"Tahaad is a very unique player," Pearl said when Pettiford officially signed. "He is a gifted scorer with an unlimited range. Instant offense. He has tremendous speed, quickness and athletic jumping ability. Tahaad is a very tough cover and uses that athleticism to be a pest defensively."

Pettiford has been teammates in various circuits with Auburn's other 2024 signee, 4-star small forward Jakhi Howard, who also received a bump in the 247Sports rankings Monday from No. 85 to No. 69.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Micky D's
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 04:45:52 PM »
Honorable mention: Walker Kessler.

Was MCDAA going into his frosh year at UNC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.