Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Poultry In Motion

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Poultry In Motion
« on: January 23, 2024, 02:38:08 PM »
Can't recall how old I was, but it was at the long since shuttered Montgomery Mall.  There were a couple of people standing in front of a store with trays of little chunks of chicken on toothpicks.  What the cluck???  Yeah, I'll try one.  Okay, that's pretty damn good.

They were giving people a little taste of a novel franchise eatery that would soon be in the Mall, called Chick-Fil-A.  GH can tell us the actual history, but I think the idea started back in the 40’s.  We all know what it’s become in the decades since. 

If you leave my office and drive west a couple of miles, you hit about a mile and a half stretch of chicken joints.  It starts with Zaxby’s, then KFC, Guthrie’s, Waldo’s Chicken & Beer, Things & Wings, Popeyes and Goldfingers. Three of those are all located in the same strip mall area around a Publix, which BTW, has great chicken fingers.  And by all indications, all of them are thriving.  We have two Jesus Chicken locations here, and both stay slammed. 

The thing is, getting a box of chicken fingers, or chicken sammich’ and fries, is just simple, damn good food.  You’ll get a variation on the seasonings, and each one tries to give their own spin on the dipping sauce.  Zaxby’s, Guthrie’s and Goldfingers have similar sauces, while Waldo’s kicks it up a notch with a hint of pepper.

For me:

Best Fingers/Nuggets

1.   Zaxby’s
2.   Chick-Fil-A
3.   Goldfingers

Fries: (From a chicken joint)

1.   Goldfingers.  They have crinkle fries, but a smaller version.  Holy damn, they’re good.
2.   Chick-Fil-A.  But only if the waffles are fresh and salted properly
3.   Zaxby’s

Sammich:

1.   Chick-Fil-A
2.   Popeyes Cajun. They put about 3 pounds of bird on that bun
3.   Guthrie’s.  They put the fingers on the bun.

We’re limited here in the small city. What’s your go-to for bird?  I’m talking mainly fast food. Not Annie Mae Pearl’s Country Chicken & Fixins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Poultry In Motion
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 02:47:58 PM »
Guthrie's.
They don't tell me to repent of my racist ways and get on my knees to shine the shoes of a rapper. And they don't practice DEI.

But I see folks still worship at the jesus chicken alter right by you every time I stop at Sams' to fill up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 02:57:42 PM »
Guthrie's.
They don't tell me to repent of my racist ways and get on my knees to shine the shoes of a rapper. And they don't practice DEI.

But I see folks still worship at the jesus chicken alter right by you every time I stop at Sams' to fill up.
Do they still display a white only sign?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 03:10:00 PM »
Can't recall how old I was, but it was at the long since shuttered Montgomery Mall.  There were a couple of people standing in front of a store with trays of little chunks of chicken on toothpicks.  What the cluck???  Yeah, I'll try one.  Okay, that's pretty damn good.

They were giving people a little taste of a novel franchise eatery that would soon be in the Mall, called Chick-Fil-A.  GH can tell us the actual history, but I think the idea started back in the 40’s.  We all know what it’s become in the decades since. 

If you leave my office and drive west a couple of miles, you hit about a mile and a half stretch of chicken joints.  It starts with Zaxby’s, then KFC, Guthrie’s, Waldo’s Chicken & Beer, Things & Wings, Popeyes and Goldfingers. Three of those are all located in the same strip mall area around a Publix, which BTW, has great chicken fingers.  And by all indications, all of them are thriving.  We have two Jesus Chicken locations here, and both stay slammed. 

The thing is, getting a box of chicken fingers, or chicken sammich’ and fries, is just simple, damn good food.  You’ll get a variation on the seasonings, and each one tries to give their own spin on the dipping sauce.  Zaxby’s, Guthrie’s and Goldfingers have similar sauces, while Waldo’s kicks it up a notch with a hint of pepper.

For me:

Best Fingers/Nuggets

1.   Zaxby’s
2.   Chick-Fil-A
3.   Goldfingers

Fries: (From a chicken joint)

1.   Goldfingers.  They have crinkle fries, but a smaller version.  Holy damn, they’re good.
2.   Chick-Fil-A.  But only if the waffles are fresh and salted properly
3.   Zaxby’s

Sammich:

1.   Chick-Fil-A
2.   Popeyes Cajun. They put about 3 pounds of bird on that bun
3.   Guthrie’s.  They put the fingers on the bun.

We’re limited here in the small city. What’s your go-to for bird?  I’m talking mainly fast food. Not Annie Mae Pearl’s Country Chicken & Fixins.

No fingers, what am I, 8?  Sandwiches only: Eagle's Nest (local joint), Popeyes Cajun, CFA

The Alabama-specific devotion to chicken fingers is fucking weird.  Way back in the day in Auburn they already had half a dozen options for fingers.  It's like an entire other food group to y'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 03:21:28 PM »
No fingers, what am I, 8?  Sandwiches only: Eagle's Nest (local joint), Popeyes Cajun, CFA

The Alabama-specific devotion to chicken fingers is fucking weird.  Way back in the day in Auburn they already had half a dozen options for fingers.  It's like an entire other food group to y'all.

I'll finger you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 03:50:11 PM »

Tendachick in Auburn is the titties. Snags post is too long, like my dick. Mr. chick in Enterprise was my first love. Then Tendachick. I love some foosackleys too.

And seriously, stop with the negative talk about fingers. Fuck you. I will finger you, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 03:59:56 PM »
You actually may have to eat fingers in Alabama, Wes. It’s not that you’re 8 but we require a minimum height just like riding a roller coaster before you can eat bone in chicken or sandwiches.

We have the signs and everything. Wear your platform shoes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 04:00:39 PM »
Auburn used to have a Breezeway Chicken off Opelika Rd that was tits back in the early 2000’s that was pretty close to Country’s and Niffers. They reopened one that is still operational further down the road I just found out.

We go Guthries or Huey Magoos these days when we get a hankerin’.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 07:52:19 PM »
I was gonna cough up the Guthries secret sauce recipe. But someone spoke ill of the goods!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 08:10:00 PM »
Auburn used to have a Breezeway Chicken off Opelika Rd that was tits back in the early 2000’s that was pretty close to Country’s and Niffers. They reopened one that is still operational further down the road I just found out.

Don’t they have one in downtown Opelika?  I remember their delicious corn nuggets were on par with Niffers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 08:28:44 PM »
Don’t they have one in downtown Opelika?  I remember their delicious corn nuggets were on par with Niffers.
Sometimes I shit out a corn nugget. I will save you one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 09:31:33 PM »

I saw that as I was writing the post. Next time we are over that way, definitely stopping by.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2024, 10:10:19 PM »
Guthrie's with the sauce is the tits. Followed by Hattie B's & the lords chicken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2024, 10:14:29 PM »
Thank all of you for not mentioning the abomination that is Cane’s.  That is awful. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 10:53:50 PM »
Thank all of you for not mentioning the abomination that is Cane’s.  That is awful.
I've never tried it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2024, 11:11:24 PM »
There aren’t many of them but if you can find a Champy’s Fried Chicken anywhere near?  It makes every other option on this thread look like baked toilet butter. Fantastic chicken. The tamales are super as well.

Also how did this thread get to this point with nobody mentioning Jack’s?  If you can find a decent one (not the one by AUM) their fried chicken is a damned treat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 08:38:52 AM »
this thread can't be good for business. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 10:38:07 AM »
There aren’t many of them but if you can find a Champy’s Fried Chicken anywhere near?  It makes every other option on this thread look like baked toilet butter. Fantastic chicken. The tamales are super as well.

Also how did this thread get to this point with nobody mentioning Jack’s?  If you can find a decent one (not the one by AUM) their fried chicken is a damned treat.

Jack’s is average. 

Champy’s is well above average. 

Tell me more about this baked toilet butter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 10:45:48 AM »
Now if we're transitioning to chicken on the bone...Publix is the undisputed winner.

Y'all remember back in the day when Hardee's sold fried chicken?  It was fantastic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 11:21:11 AM »
Now if we're transitioning to chicken on the bone...Publix is the undisputed winner.

Y'all remember back in the day when Hardee's sold fried chicken?  It was fantastic.

The secret is in the breading.  They source all their fried chicken breading from a company local to Montgomery called Wynn's Grain & Spice.  The same family owns the Giles Industrial Equipment & Chester's Chicken franchise.  Truckloads of that breading go to their distribution centers in McCalla, Dacula, Boynton Beach, Orlando, Lakeland, etc... I think they have breading that is supplied to Guthries, Foosackly's and other big name brands also, but aren't the sole suppliers for those businesses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions