Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alone at the top

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Alone at the top
« on: January 23, 2024, 10:49:15 AM »
YOUR Auburn Tigers are #1 in the conference standings (and projected a #3 seed by Lunardi's latest) heading into a big showdown in Tuscaloosa.

Their usual apathy will be temporarily erased as they seek to ease the pain of the football chaos with a win over a hated rival...so it might not resemble a tennis match as much as is common in their hangar of a facility.

That said, our guys are loose and confident.  Two full rotations of players...we've got crazy numbers of guys averaging 15+ minutes per game.  The defense has been smothering lately and, in addition to forcing turnovers, our guys LOVE to share the ball.  The T.O./Asst ratios are eyepopping.

Last, but absolutely not least, is the X factor: Jaylin Williams.  His stats over the last dozen games or so are fucking stupid: 70%+ 2p; 50%+ 3p...it's insane.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:53:47 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: Alone at the top
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 10:52:09 AM »
Fuck Bama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 11:22:48 AM »
SHHHHHHH!  Not yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 11:23:39 AM »
Fuck Bama
You don't say much frien, but when you do it's to the point and I salute you for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 11:28:42 AM »
All that matters is Bruce having these boys playing this way around March.  We've seen several runs like this under Lord Pearl, only to fizzle like an Alka-Seltzer come tourney time.  The last two exits have been cringe-worthy.

Having said that, going in dry on the Tahd at their dump of an arena, would be oh so schweet!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 11:38:40 AM »
All that matters is Bruce having these boys playing this way around March.  We've seen several runs like this under Lord Pearl, only to fizzle like an Alka-Seltzer come tourney time.  The last two exits have been cringe-worthy.

Having said that, going in dry on the Tahd at their dump of an arena, would be oh so schweet!

#firepearl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 11:49:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 11:49:58 AM »
YOUR Auburn Tigers are #1 in the conference standings (and projected a #3 seed by Lunardi's latest) heading into a big showdown in Tuscaloosa.

Their usual apathy will be temporarily erased as they seek to ease the pain of the football chaos with a win over a hated rival...so it might not resemble a tennis match as much as is common in their hangar of a facility.

That said, our guys are loose and confident.  Two full rotations of players...we've got crazy numbers of guys averaging 15+ minutes per game.  The defense has been smothering lately and, in addition to forcing turnovers, our guys LOVE to share the ball.  The T.O./Asst rations are eyepopping.

Last, but absolutely not least, is the X factor: Jaylin Williams.  His stats over the last dozen games or so are fucking stupid: 70%+ 2p; 50%+ 3p...it's insane.

Humping this post.  Full bore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 02:54:38 PM »
But do we have enough to overcome the Merry Whistlers also?
That is the wildcard any time we play in their crap arena.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 04:31:46 PM »
Feel pretty certain that Broome and Cardwell will each have 2 fouls by the 8:00 mark of the first half.  Maybe by the 12:00.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 10:11:33 PM »
Feel pretty certain that Broome and Cardwell will each have 2 fouls by the 8:00 mark of the first half.  Maybe by the 12:00.
Gotta protect the 2 point home favorite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 11:14:10 PM »

Told someone the other day we will be looking at a 15-20 free throw disparity. 

And they will let that wall-eyed little mermaid-looking Sears run wild. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 10:00:47 AM »

That said, our guys are loose and confident.  Two full rotations of players...we've got crazy numbers of guys averaging 15+ minutes per game.  The defense has been smothering lately and, in addition to forcing turnovers, our guys LOVE to share the ball.  The T.O./Asst ratios are eyepopping.

Well the bizarro-Auburn team showed up and did the exact fucking opposite of all this...and still had a chance with 2 seconds on the clock.

Not great, but not a season-wrecker either.  Back on the horse Saturday in the Hump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2024, 10:38:24 AM »
Fuck bama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2024, 10:49:14 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 11:01:48 AM »
The blinking lights and ensuing darkness caused our team's epilepsy to kick in on the three point shots!

We need just one consistent sharpshooter. Decrease Denver's pay...He ain't doing the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 11:11:06 AM »
The blinking lights and ensuing darkness caused our team's epilepsy to kick in on the three point shots!

We need just one consistent sharpshooter. Decrease Denver's pay...He ain't doing the job.

Errbody but Johni had a tough night.  Holloway was particularly off the mark at 0-12.

We did a great job rallying at the half, but every time we pulled even or slightly ahead, we'd bonehead it up and give the ball away. 

Bama was bitchmade all night, too.  They were shoving and stomping our guys.  It was some bullshit.

https://twitter.com/nealius86/status/1750357794086088954
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 11:23:45 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2024, 11:48:39 AM »
Ryan Williams switcheroo as expected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2024, 11:49:38 AM »
Have no idea if this is the start of a little slide, or if we bitch slap the pups Saturday and keep on rockin' in the free world.  Just so that engine is running smooth 5-6 weeks from now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2024, 02:10:08 PM »
Have no idea if this is the start of a little slide, or if we bitch slap the pups Saturday and keep on rockin' in the free world.  Just so that engine is running smooth 5-6 weeks from now.
I'm sensing a bitch cutting slapping coming on Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions