Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Meltdown is Glorious - Just Sayin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Meltdown is Glorious - Just Sayin
« on: January 19, 2024, 09:39:51 AM »
So, now Bama's prize recruit, 5* QB Julian Sayin, has climbed in the port hole. 

We have two local sports talk shows.  One first thing in the morning, that I listen to on the way to work, and another at lunch.  Both hosts are flaming Bammers, with one being a former beat writer for the Tahd.  Admittedly, they both do a pretty decent job of keeping the mouth breathing in check, but lately, it simply can't be contained.  And apparently, Sayin jumping ship was the straw that broke the dam...and drowned a camel...or something like that.

They're both on in the morning, and both were borderline raging about the state of college football, and how in the world do we get this back under control?

Alabama does the best job of anyone in the country with taking care of these kids, from education, to nutrition, to training etc.  THESE KIDS DO NOT CARE!!!  They are so ENTITLED!!!

There is no loyalty to a school anymore.  They don't care about tradition or school colors or learning the words to the fight song.  That ship sailed long ago.

What's it going to take?  Until these school Presidents start standing up and demanding their scholarships be revoked, and make them pay their own way with NIL money, this won't stop.

THESE KIDS DO NOT CARE!!! (They said 7-8 times)

Funny thing.  I listen every morning, and I've never heard any of this discussed, or even an issue.  Did something happen I'm not aware of?  Has something changed? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The Meltdown is Glorious - Just Sayin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 09:41:33 AM »

We have two local sports talk shows.  One first thing in the morning, that I listen to on the way to work, and another at lunch.  Both hosts are flaming Bammers, with one being a former beat writer for the Tahd.  Admittedly, they both do a pretty decent job of keeping the mouth breathing in check, but lately, it simply can't be contained.  And apparently, Sayin jumping ship was the straw that broke the dam...and drowned a camel...or something like that.

They're both on in the morning, and both were borderline raging about the state of college football, and how in the world do we get this back under control?

Alabama does the best job of anyone in the country with taking care of these kids, from education, to nutrition, to training etc.  THESE KIDS DO NOT CARE!!!  They are so ENTITLED!!!

There is no loyalty to a school anymore.  They don't care about tradition or school colors or learning the words to the fight song.  That ship sailed long ago.

What's it going to take?  Until these school Presidents start standing up and demanding their scholarships be revoked, and make them pay their own way with NIL money, this won't stop.

Funny thing.  I listen every morning, and I've never heard any of this discussed, or even an issue.  Did something happen I'm not aware of?  Has something changed?
Yeah something has changed.  They aren't getting their way anymore!
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 09:58:55 AM »
Last week, one of the hosts was talking to a knuckle-dragger about Ryan Williams, and him opening up his recruitment again. In his completely unbiased analysis of the situation, he said, "The good thing is, he has agreed to an official visit to Alabama, but unfortunately, the last visit he will take before announcing, is to Auburn." 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 10:33:59 AM »
It's like they all woke up from a 17 year coma to find what cfb has become.  They are not ready for the reality of the world outside of Saban's protection.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Jumbo,
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 10:41:45 AM »

3 star qb from Washington ran off the #1 qb in last years class hahahahahahaha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 11:09:06 AM »
3 star qb from Washington ran off the #1 qb in last years class hahahahahahaha

PNW Coach, bringing his coaches, using his ways, his recruiting and his players. Sounds familiar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 11:12:40 AM »
PNW Coach, bringing his coaches, using his ways, his recruiting and his players. Sounds familiar.
Thinking you can bring in 3 stars to compete in the SEC got Harsin two tickets to paradise. Can you imagine how crazy Bama fans will be when the lose 3 games next year and don't finish in the top three in recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 11:16:36 AM »
Thinking you can bring in 3 stars to compete in the SEC got Harsin two tickets to paradise. Can you imagine how crazy Bama fans will be when the lose 3 games next year and don't finish in the top three in recruiting.

Those guys are good coaches at those schools up there. Nook probably sees this more up close and personal than we do but Meyer (really an Ohio guy culturally and exp wise) and Lanning (not really a PNW guy) are the exceptions on snatching coaches out of that area and being successful outside of that realm.

DeBoozle, Haskins and Peterson are/were so deeply rooted in that area and how they coach up there. It's just not a model that works here. In Big Sky/Pac 12 country it's fine. The SEC and even Big 10 now, are such a grind week in and week out in conf play. Even the weaker teams in those conferences have NFL Caliber players on the rosters. Not saying the PNW doesn't but it's just very different. The Dakotas, Idaho, Washington have their niche thing with football, and it just doesn't scale out here.

I still can't believe they hired this guy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 11:25:44 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 12:09:40 PM »
I still can't believe they hired this guy.

bama has been so busy pointing fingers and throwing their nose up at Auburn that they didnt learn from Auburns mistake. Thats fine. Reality won't fully settle in until Auburn beats them in Bryant Denny next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 12:10:54 PM »
I don’t believe he will fail on a Harsin level because he will at least work.  But when he’s touting the hire of a Wisconsin guy who was “responsible for more than half their class” - which was 23rd BTW - that’s an indication you might not get it.  That means he’s not going to succeed at a Meyer level either. 

He revived Washington. With a transfer QB Jeremy Pruitt ran off and he didn’t recruit himself.  Even so, the Huskies could not recruit well and were likely looking at a massive crash to earth next season. 

But don’t tell them that.  They aren’t hearing it.  He’s a good-un.  And Sabbin still gonna be running thangs anyhow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 12:27:32 PM »
I'll just leave this here, with a healthy helping of Yes Please. From Auburnwire

The fallout of Nick Saban’s retirement from Alabama continues, as more players such as Caleb Downs continue to enter the transfer portal. Saban’s departure can also be seen on the recruiting trail, as a member of the Crimson Tide’s 2025 recruiting class has backed off his pledge.

Zion Grady, a four-star EDGE from Enterprise High School in Enterprise, Alabama, announced Wednesday that he has decommitted from Alabama. The news comes after a recent visit to Auburn.

Grady visited Auburn last weekend, and got to take in Auburn basketball’s win over LSU on Saturday. He tells Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports that the game was his “favorite part” due to the fan support. Grady also says that he respects the vision that head coach Hugh Freeze brings to the program.

“Coach Freeze challenges you to be different,” Grady said in a recent interview with 247Sports. “He has a vision for this program and makes you feel like you can be a part of change. He really brings a different energy to Auburn.”

According to Andrew Ivins’ scouting report of Grady, he is known as an “uber-productive pass rusher.”

Checks off some of the desired boxes with his multi-sport participation (hoops) and testing numbers (4.4 in the short shuttle). Has operated primarily out of a two-point stance since he was a freshman in one of Alabama’s higher classifications and found plenty of success, totaling 34 sacks through 30 varsity games. Tends to stun opposing tackles with his quick first step and is able to get off blocks with a limber upper half. Owns a few go-to moves, but an expanded menu is only going to make him more dangerous on the edge.

Grady is the No. 1 EDGE for the 2025 class, and is the No. 2 overall prospect from Alabama according to 247Sports’ composite rankings. Auburn currently has four commitments from the 247Sports top-25 for the 2025 cycle, and is in the hunt to secure three more including Grady. The Tigers currently boast the No. 4 overall class in 247Sports 2025 recruiting rankings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 01:24:02 PM »
Hey Bammer - enjoy what your god created.

friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2024, 02:12:34 PM »
Mouth Breathing caller at lunch.

I wanted Dabo Swinney.  He comes from the Bear's coachin' tree.  He ain't doin' all that portal stuff an NIL.  He's doin' it the way the Bear used to do it.  He'd take a 2 star out of high school an coach him up.  That's the way he did it.  Cause Dabo's from the Stallins coachin' tree.  He takes em' and develops em'.  Cause this portal an NIL thing ain't gonna' last, an Dabo would be at Bama takin' those high schoolers and coachin' em' up.  Like Bear and Stallins did.

Lemme ask you a question.  You thank Saban is workin' behind the scenes to get all this portal and NIL stuff changed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2024, 03:24:00 PM »
Mouth Breathing caller at lunch.

I wanted Dabo Swinney.  He comes from the Bear's coachin' tree.  He ain't doin' all that portal stuff an NIL.  He's doin' it the way the Bear used to do it.  He'd take a 2 star out of high school an coach him up.  That's the way he did it.  Cause Dabo's from the Stallins coachin' tree.  He takes em' and develops em'.  Cause this portal an NIL thing ain't gonna' last, an Dabo would be at Bama takin' those high schoolers and coachin' em' up.  Like Bear and Stallins did.

Lemme ask you a question.  You thank Saban is workin' behind the scenes to get all this portal and NIL stuff changed?

They are so stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 10:07:24 AM »
I don’t believe he will fail on a Harsin level because he will at least work.  But when he’s touting the hire of a Wisconsin guy who was “responsible for more than half their class” - which was 23rd BTW - that’s an indication you might not get it.  That means he’s not going to succeed at a Meyer level either. 

He revived Washington. With a transfer QB Jeremy Pruitt ran off and he didn’t recruit himself.  Even so, the Huskies could not recruit well and were likely looking at a massive crash to earth next season. 

But don’t tell them that.  They aren’t hearing it.  He’s a good-un.  And Sabbin still gonna be running thangs anyhow.

UDub slogged through two weird Covid season in a mediocre fashion (as many bb and fb teams did) under what was a quasi interim coach Jimmy lake (dc under Petersen) but Petersen built that program back there. DEBOOBIE largely inhererited that roster full of seniors and juniors from petersen. And as you said, hit the jackpot with Penix. He really didn’t do shit. A 46th ranked class on rivals the year he’s in a playoff. Yikes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2024, 10:17:54 AM »
UDub slogged through two weird Covid season in a mediocre fashion (as many bb and fb teams did) under what was a quasi interim coach Jimmy lake (dc under Petersen) but Petersen built that program back there. DEBOOBIE largely inhererited that roster full of seniors and juniors from petersen. And as you said, hit the jackpot with Penix. He really didn’t do shit. A 46th ranked class on rivals the year he’s in a playoff. Yikes.

How many times will he cry during his first year?  That’s the question. 

He was crying during the third and fourth quarters of the Michigan beat down.  I’ve never seen a coach shedding tears on the sidelines during a loss before. 

But he’s got all the Washington players flooding in. Including a 190 lb center.  They gonna be amazing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 03:51:47 PM »
How many times will he cry during his first year?  That’s the question. 

He was crying during the third and fourth quarters of the Michigan beat down.  I’ve never seen a coach shedding tears on the sidelines during a loss before. 

But he’s got all the Washington players flooding in. Including a 190 lb center.  They gonna be amazing.
The 6'6 qb transfer from Washington is going to be the savior, he's yet to throw a collegiate pass tho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions