Mean Girls
The Beekeeper
Wonka
Migration
I.S.S.
Anyone But You
Night Swim
Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom
The Boys in the Boat (WT's personal favorite)
The Book of Clarence

There are certain things, like sex, that I just don't do often enough.  Every time we go to the Shakespeare Festival, we come out of there asking why this is not a regular thing.  Same with going to a movie at an actual theater.  Yeah, you hit a clunker every now and then, but I always enjoy the experience. 

Love the 97 previews before the movie, and where else can you get that liquid gold poured on to a 6 gallon tub of popcorn?  But, it occurred to me that the last movie I went to was probably Top Gun Maverick.  What was that, two years ago? Again, I'm axing myself why I don't go more often.  So, I'm seeing the Jason Statham movie, The Beekeeper, advertised like crazy, and I'm thinking that would be a good one to go see.

I'm a big fan of the one man army flicks, regardless of the level of sheer cheesiness.  Give me Statham taking on 27 baddies with machine guns, and wiping them all out, using only a pipe cleaner and a discarded hair brush.  Give me Denzel puttin' the Equalizer on that ass. Could anyone bring a worse acting performance than Steven Seagal, while calmly ripping apart an entire street gang with wavy little karate thrusts?  John Wick? Love it!

The Beekeeper just came out, so I pulled up the movie times at the AMC Pavillion 12 here in scenic Dothan, Alabama.  The above movies are some of what's currently playing.  WTF??? Never heard of 8 or 9 of those.  Then I realized, The Beekeeper is about the only movie I've seen advertised.  They've run the heck out of that movie, but I don't recall seeing anything on all these others.  Maybe that's the cause of my lack of interest.  The commercials are what peak my  interest, but I have no clue what's on.

Does anyone hit the theaters anymore?  Or, does everyone just stay home and stream, or Hulu, or Netflix or Peacock, or whatever the hell all those things are?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: The Big Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 03:51:16 PM »
I'll see "event" movies in the theater.  IMAX movies and whatnot.

Other than that, it's not worth the cost or hassle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 04:05:12 PM »
Mean Girls
The Beekeeper
Wonka
Migration
I.S.S.
Anyone But You
Night Swim
Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom
The Boys in the Boat (WT's personal favorite)
The Book of Clarence

There are certain things, like sex, that I just don't do often enough.  Every time we go to the Shakespeare Festival, we come out of there asking why this is not a regular thing.  Same with going to a movie at an actual theater.  Yeah, you hit a clunker every now and then, but I always enjoy the experience. 

Love the 97 previews before the movie, and where else can you get that liquid gold poured on to a 6 gallon tub of popcorn?  But, it occurred to me that the last movie I went to was probably Top Gun Maverick.  What was that, two years ago? Again, I'm axing myself why I don't go more often.  So, I'm seeing the Jason Statham movie, The Beekeeper, advertised like crazy, and I'm thinking that would be a good one to go see.

I'm a big fan of the one man army flicks, regardless of the level of sheer cheesiness.  Give me Statham taking on 27 baddies with machine guns, and wiping them all out, using only a pipe cleaner and a discarded hair brush.  Give me Denzel puttin' the Equalizer on that ass. Could anyone bring a worse acting performance than Steven Seagal, while calmly ripping apart an entire street gang with wavy little karate thrusts?  John Wick? Love it!

The Beekeeper just came out, so I pulled up the movie times at the AMC Pavillion 12 here in scenic Dothan, Alabama.  The above movies are some of what's currently playing.  WTF??? Never heard of 8 or 9 of those.  Then I realized, The Beekeeper is about the only movie I've seen advertised.  They've run the heck out of that movie, but I don't recall seeing anything on all these others.  Maybe that's the cause of my lack of interest.  The commercials are what peak my  interest, but I have no clue what's on.

Does anyone hit the theaters anymore?  Or, does everyone just stay home and stream, or Hulu, or Netflix or Peacock, or whatever the hell all those things are?

I have not been to the Movie Theater since Avengers: End Game came out.  I only went to that one because of work, and it was free to me and my handler.  I'd like to catch a movie again some day.  Growing up, it was always a fun experience going to see the likes of Saving Private Ryan, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and even The Matrix trilogy.  However, the nearest AMC is on Chantilly Pkwy in Montgomery and someone was recently shot there.  No movie is worth that risk when I have my bride and potentially my kid in tow.

Back in 2019 or so, we went to watch Steel Magnolias at ASF.  Not my cup of joe on that particular play, but I wouldn't mind taking her to see different ones in the near future.  Now, Cirque du Soleil... we will drive through Atlanta traffic to go see a bunch of folks flying and flipping around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 04:25:39 PM »
I have not been to the Movie Theater since Avengers: End Game came out.  I only went to that one because of work, and it was free to me and my handler.  I'd like to catch a movie again some day.  Growing up, it was always a fun experience going to see the likes of Saving Private Ryan, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and even The Matrix trilogy.  However, the nearest AMC is on Chantilly Pkwy in Montgomery and someone was recently shot there.  No movie is worth that risk when I have my bride and potentially my kid in tow.

Back in 2019 or so, we went to watch Steel Magnolias at ASF.  Not my cup of joe on that particular play, but I wouldn't mind taking her to see different ones in the near future.  Now, Cirque du Soleil... we will drive through Atlanta traffic to go see a bunch of folks flying and flipping around.

No doubt on the Cirque shows.  Saw our first one in Atlanta.  Don't recall the name of it, but it was in a huge tent.  Saw Beatles Love and Michael Jackson One in Vegas. The Beatles show was awesome, but One was really a lot of meh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 05:11:37 PM »
The wife and kids always spect a Christmas Day movie. I usually protest to no avail. This year I had to see Aquaman save the earth from the man made climate evils of thousands of years ago.

I kept waiting for his woman to drop a deuce on the bed…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 11:30:31 AM »
Like Snags, I just like the general experience at the movie theater. The popcorn, drink, loud audio, the actual concession stand, and then of course seeing the action on a huge screen. Even if the movie is mediocre I enjoy it.

I joined the AMC Stubs thing a few years ago when movies returned from Covid. One of the best things ive ever done. They send me all kinds of discounts and freebies, bday stuff, bonus cash. Ends up making it less expensive and makes me more likely to go every few weeks. Also get the popcorn bucket annually and it's like 4 bucks each movie to fill it up with free refills.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 11:32:53 AM »
Like Snags, I just like the general experience at the movie theater. The popcorn, drink, loud audio, the actual concession stand, and then of course seeing the action on a huge screen. Even if the movie is mediocre I enjoy it.

I joined the AMC Stubs thing a few years ago when movies returned from Covid. One of the best things ive ever done. They send me all kinds of discounts and freebies, bday stuff, bonus cash. Ends up making it less expensive and makes me more likely to go every few weeks. Also get the popcorn bucket annually and it's like 4 bucks each movie to fill it up with free refills.

You complete me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 10:17:06 PM »

Wasn’t it at a late showing of Barbie that you and Snags first held hands?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 09:57:42 AM »
Wasn’t it at a late showing of Barbie that you and Snags first held hands?

No. Quit lying.

It was at Avengers a few years ago. The loud noises made sure no one noticed us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE