Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trees, Sex and Nice Weather We're Having

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Trees, Sex and Nice Weather We're Having
« on: January 12, 2024, 10:49:54 AM »
On Tuesday, we spent the morning listening to the tornado sirens blaring, and watching the local weather guy zooming in to radar all around the Wiregrass, pointing out different colorations, while using the latest cool descriptive term, "debris ball." I tried to keep my normal routine, one part of which is taking one of my pups to "The Bean Bro", a coffee drive through right up from the house.  Me and Gus Gus gotta' have my morning cup of Joe, and his Pup Cup, renamed Gus Cup by the cute little hottie baristas, who love em' some Gus Gus. However, due to the weather, it was closed.

We drive back to the house, walk inside, and I hear a loud boom.  For some reason, I knew exactly what it was.  Hoped it wasn't, but when I looked out the front door....yep, huge oak tree came crashing down. Fortunately missed the house.  Due to the fact that we had several tornadoes come through, there's several communities with a lot of damage, so getting a tree service out for a price has been sketchy.

Got one price, to which I politely said, bugger off.  Snagette called me this morning on the way to work, and said our neighbors son had a tree service, and had him call her with a price.  My response was, "Call him back and ask him if that includes getting the root out and filling the hole."

Awkward pause

"Better yet, text me the number, and I'll ask him in a different way."

Looks like more of the same predicted across the State today. January???  Stay safe, compadres.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Trees, Sex and Nice Weather We're Having
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 11:32:25 AM »
Cue a climate change post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 11:50:01 AM »
Currently in the mid-40s here in the Lou.  Expected to drop into the low 20s by 3pm, and snow/ice in the afternoon, and then fucking cold through Tuesday.

Low on Saturday night expected to be a balmy 0, with a warmup to 11 on Sunday, with bitter cold going through Wednesday when we get into the low 30s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 11:56:45 AM »
Currently in the mid-40s here in the Lou.  Expected to drop into the low 20s by 3pm, and snow/ice in the afternoon, and then fucking cold through Tuesday.

Low on Saturday night expected to be a balmy 0, with a warmup to 11 on Sunday, with bitter cold going through Wednesday when we get into the low 30s.

Sweet Jaysus.  I'll take my chances with a twister or two coming through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 12:40:19 AM »
That Nader in PCB was just 2 miles south of me. Shook the house a bit, but no damage.
Climate change due to breathing. If only all liberals cared enough to stop.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 11:32:51 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2024, 07:40:13 PM »

Looks like you're gonna stay below freezing there at least through next Monday.
Brrrr!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions