Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not having unfair advantage deemed unfair

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Not having unfair advantage deemed unfair
« on: January 10, 2024, 10:31:53 PM »
So here’s the story my formerly connected Bama friend just told me.  I’ve known a guy who’s a program hanger-on for a long time. He said….

Saban had no intention of retiring today.  Spent part of the morning setting up meetings with assistant coaches and checking on recruits.

Apparently got word that things had gone sideways with one commit.  Came out pissed. Said he hated the NIL, where some other team could steal a recruit by paying them more than you did. If that was how it was goin to be, maybe it just wasn’t for him any more. 

Went home.  Quit. 

If that’s true?  What a BITCH.  After a decade of Chargers, T-Town Tom, no-show jobs, free houses, rental cars…. and now he’s gonna puss out because his sole advantage has been equalized? 

I know nobody else cares.  Saban cheated at a level the SEC has never seen. Every win, every title was tainted in my book.  For him now to whine that others can pay? To the point it makes him quit? Bitch 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Not having unfair advantage deemed unfair
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 12:08:25 AM »
I’m told a friend that NIL broke him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Not having unfair advantage deemed unfair
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 11:08:57 AM »
I’m told a friend that NIL broke him.
Suddenly I might like this NIL a little bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.