Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

True Detective Season 4

jmar

True Detective Season 4
« on: January 10, 2024, 07:05:03 PM »
Rewatched the first season of True Detective again. There's a fourth season on the way January 14th. Supposedly set in Alaska but filmed in Iceland. Jodie Foster has the lead role. Different director, multiple producers.
Doubtful they recapture the intensity of the 1st but it could be entertaining. I got into the second episode of the 2nd season just to recall why I hated it. The story was just all over the place and I checked out.
Anybody have an assessment on season 3? I never saw it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: True Detective Season 4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 08:42:34 PM »
I liked 3 quite a bit.  Ali is really good.

Very much looking forward to season 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 07:39:31 AM »

Watched three episodes of S3 last night.
Pretty good drama. Much easier to follow than S2 which had a very strong cast but just too far reaching to keep my attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 07:29:30 PM »

I'll check it out tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 08:01:47 AM »
Watched three episodes of S3 last night.
Pretty good drama. Much easier to follow than S2 which had a very strong cast but just too far reaching to keep my attention.

Enjoyed S3.
Season 4 is so very different with a sci-fi feel including the Inuit spirituality angle and the symbols re-emerging from S1.

We KNOW that the mutilated corpse of the native girl who protested the mine was said to be "alive" or back as a ghost.

We have a frozen art exhibition of naked technicians from the isolated lab thawing in full view by which to extract clues and form connections with the townies of Ennis, AK.

Not much more to divulge.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 10:33:47 PM »
Honestly didn’t like the first episode of season 4. It’s just weird. I’ll keep watching but it seems to have a totally different vibe to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 07:29:51 PM »
Honestly didn’t like the first episode of season 4. It’s just weird. I’ll keep watching but it seems to have a totally different vibe to it.
https://www.cbr.com/true-detective-night-country-creator-criticism/

I'm willing to roll with the innuit spiritualism, mine poisoning factors along with the Dad's hillbilly posse but not the whole symbolism connection that links it with S1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 09:16:02 AM »
It's not season 1 or 3, it's its own thing.  I'm willing to take the ride and see where it goes. 

I dig Foster in just about anything, but when she was "interrogating" Lund in the hospital, I swear she broke out her Clarice Starling voice.

John Hawke is great, and I like him in this role contrasted with his usual good-guy persona.

It's catching a lot of hate, but I think all that is unwarranted at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 07:07:29 AM »
It's not season 1 or 3, it's its own thing.  I'm willing to take the ride and see where it goes. 

I dig Foster in just about anything, but when she was "interrogating" Lund in the hospital, I swear she broke out her Clarice Starling voice.

John Hawke is great, and I like him in this role contrasted with his usual good-guy persona.

It's catching a lot of hate, but I think all that is unwarranted at this point.
I'm going to finish watching just to see how this  wraps up over the next three episodes.

Hawkes is hunting a reanimated human(s). Hesitate to call them zombies bc I have yet to see any flesh eating.

A select few of the townies (however connected to current/past victims) are receiving ghostly visits from the dead.

The town of Ennis depends on the mine for it's livelihood although the water (possbly only in certain areas) is tainted and there is at least from what we have seen, some evidence of stillborn deaths.

Anchorage will be handed the task of performing post mortem on the thawed bodies/corpses of the research team... minus one.

:blink:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 03:53:55 PM »
I'm going to finish watching just to see how this  wraps up over the next three episodes.

Hawkes is hunting a reanimated human(s). Hesitate to call them zombies bc I have yet to see any flesh eating.

A select few of the townies (however connected to current/past victims) are receiving ghostly visits from the dead.

The town of Ennis depends on the mine for it's livelihood although the water (possbly only in certain areas) is tainted and there is at least from what we have seen, some evidence of stillborn deaths.

Anchorage will be handed the task of performing post mortem on the thawed bodies/corpses of the research team... minus one.

:blink:
I’m going to stick with Andy Griffith and Gilligan’s Island. Maybe some Ironsides. But, thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2024, 09:19:49 AM »

I think this is true.  The scientist on the lam kept Annie's body in his trailer (which now just has an effigy in its place) and when they found the magic bacteria they're drilling for, he put some into Annie's corpse and she reanimated.

The vending machine guy made it sound like just about everyone sees ghosts.  But, to your point, Travis came back to show Rose the corpsicle.  Turns out Travis is likely Rust Cohle's (season 1, Matty M) father.

I think this is the likely explanation slapped on it by the folks you mention below.  Fuck it, mass hysteria/hallucination caused by chemical poisoning.  Put it in the X Files and let's head back to HQ.

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be a great revelation/wrap up here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2024, 02:02:09 PM »
Yeah, I don't think there's going to be a great revelation/wrap up here.
Going to stick it out even though I don't expect any revelations over the next three episodes.

Re-watched Band of Brothers last weekend and have reached my fill of war and westerns. Saw Oppenheimer on the big screen, rented the Holdovers and enjoyed both but not wowed by either.

Considering some lesser known series to stream like Loudermilk or After Life.
Comedy and self help seem like a good change of pace.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions