Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban is Retiring

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Saban is Retiring
« on: January 10, 2024, 05:16:49 PM »
Per Chris Low of Espn! Finally the end of the Dynasty. Could be the best news I've heard in years.  :popcorn:
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2024/01/nick-saban-retiring-as-alabama-football-coach.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 05:24:38 PM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Saban is Retiring
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 05:20:51 PM »
Awww man! Boy, I sure am going to miss…..not! 😆

Because I’m happy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Jumbo,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 05:47:20 PM »
Its like all of CFB has been waiting on this for a decade...now, I don't even know what to say...

Yes I do...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 05:51:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 05:52:24 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 05:52:32 PM »
Maybe we get a two'fer.  Kirby has been dropping some pretty heavy hints about the NFL.  Positioning maybe?  But the NFL is a much better gig these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 06:13:01 PM »
Hard to have a dynasty when everyone can now pay for players
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 06:42:55 PM »
It's like the shadow is gone from the clouds.  Like a really, heavy rock has been lifted off my shoulders.

I knew he almost singlehandedly sucked almost all the joy out of this game for me, but I don't think I really comprehended just how heavy that burden was until this moment.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 08:48:56 PM »
It's like the shadow is gone from the clouds.  Like a really, heavy rock has been lifted off my shoulders.

I knew he almost singlehandedly sucked almost all the joy out of this game for me, but I don't think I really comprehended just how heavy that burden was until this moment.

team hugh? ...too soon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 09:36:03 PM »

team hugh? ...too soon?

Too late. Ha.

I’ll say this.  It’s the wrong time to have the wrong guy. If Barfield had been at AU instead of Dye when brunt retired? Our history might look a whole lot different. 

Better hope yall are right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 08:47:58 AM »
Too late. Ha.

I’ll say this.  It’s the wrong time to have the wrong guy. If Barfield had been at AU instead of Dye when brunt retired? Our history might look a whole lot different. 

Better hope yall are right.

Wholeheartedly agree.
There's a familiar correlation.
On scale (Dye to Bryant) when Kirby left Saban UGA came to
rise.
And from that Tennessee (Majors etc.)to Clemson (Dabo) if you follow my rambling in terms that both programs accquired relevance from a changing of the guard so to speak. Okay I admit that's a stretch.

Too soon to get into any rightful heir talk but here's hoping the knives out crew will surface to do their part to make this a royal shitshow for the ages...in a sporting sense naturally.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2024, 10:33:30 AM »
I'm kind of the opinion that no matter who they get, it is going to turn out the same. 

No program in the country has the same kind of insane pressure which has now curdled with outrageous expectations. Many of them today are chill and confident that things will go on just like they have because.... "Sabbbin don't build no teams, Sabbin builds dynasties. Look what he done at LSU!! Two turrible coaches done won nashunal champeenships cuz of the foundation he lefted down there. If Sabbin hadn'ta never gone to LSU, they wouldn'ta won none of that."

They are wrong. 

Nobody alive will be able to control every facet of that program like he did.  Whoever follows him will get crushed by it. By the entitlement. By the demands.  By the unrelenting scrutiny. By the comparisons.

We HAVE to be in a position to take advantage of that ... and << nevermind >> 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2024, 11:31:43 AM »
I'm kind of the opinion that no matter who they get, it is going to turn out the same. 

No program in the country has the same kind of insane pressure which has now curdled with outrageous expectations. Many of them today are chill and confident that things will go on just like they have because.... "Sabbbin don't build no teams, Sabbin builds dynasties. Look what he done at LSU!! Two turrible coaches done won nashunal champeenships cuz of the foundation he lefted down there. If Sabbin hadn'ta never gone to LSU, they wouldn'ta won none of that."

They are wrong. 

Nobody alive will be able to control every facet of that program like he did.  Whoever follows him will get crushed by it. By the entitlement. By the demands.  By the unrelenting scrutiny. By the comparisons.

I think we are.  2024 will be the start of the tangible trend towards greatness.  If I am wrong, I'll buy you an Omaha Steak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2024, 03:09:48 PM »
After hearing all the fawning and knob schlobbing the past 24 hours....fuuuckk that guy!!!

If there are health issues with him, or his family, and that's the real reason to step away, fine.  Otherwise, he's just getting his ass out before people realize the only thing he was the GOAT at, was cheating.  Very similar to the Bill Bellychick/Brady comparison.  How good is Bellychick without Brady?  Brady won another Super Bowl.  Bellychick just got canned.

K said this in another thread.  How good is Saban when all of a sudden, he has to play by the same set of rules as everybody else?  When he can't control everything. He knows, so he's leaving.

Remember a little over a year ago, when Saban called out the Greasy Car Salesman, Dimbulb Fisher, for a bought and paid for recruiting class? The Saban apologist spin doctors quickly came to his defense, claiming he was directing those comments at the big money boosters, telling them to open up the check books. BULL F'N SHIT!!! That's the biggest, blackest pot in the kitchen calling the kettle black.

A couple of things.  First, Fisher clapped back with absolute truth.  I was there.  I know how you "built that dynasty."  I know about all the skeletons in the closets, and where all the bodies are buried. And the graveyard is Arlington level huge.

Second....asking the boosters to open the check books???  WTF??? What do you think they've been doing the 15 years prior?  How the hell do you think that dynasty was built in the first place?

Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the portal and NIL and all that shit. Who does?  But the bottom line is, he knows those 2 losses a year are about to turn into 3 and 4 losses. He knows people will finally start asking the legit question...How good are you when you can't buy all the best players?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2024, 03:15:36 PM »
After hearing all the fawning and knob schlobbing the past 24 hours....fuuuckk that guy!!!

If there are health issues with him, or his family, and that's the real reason to step away, fine.  Otherwise, he's just getting his ass out before people realize the only thing he was the GOAT at, was cheating.  Very similar to the Bill Bellychick/Brady comparison.  How good is Bellychick without Brady?  Brady won another Super Bowl.  Bellychick just got canned.

K said this in another thread.  How good is Saban when all of a sudden, he has to play by the same set of rules as everybody else?  When he can't control everything. He knows, so he's leaving.

Remember a little over a year ago, when Saban called out the Greasy Car Salesman, Dimbulb Fisher, for a bought and paid for recruiting class? The Saban apologist spin doctors quickly came to his defense, claiming he was directing those comments at the big money boosters, telling them to open up the check books. BULL F'N SHIT!!! That's the biggest, blackest pot in the kitchen calling the kettle black.

A couple of things.  First, Fisher clapped back with absolute truth.  I was there.  I know how you "built that dynasty."  I know about all the skeletons in the closets, and where all the bodies are buried. And the graveyard is Arlington level huge.

Second....asking the boosters to open the check books???  WTF??? What do you think they've been doing the 15 years prior?  How the hell do you think that dynasty was built in the first place?

Maybe he doesn't want to deal with the portal and NIL and all that shit. Who does?  But the bottom line is, he knows those 2 losses a year are about to turn into 3 and 4 losses. He knows people will finally start asking the legit question...How good are you when you can't buy all the best players?
Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and post something like this...and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 05:32:19 PM »
M

What’s this “we” shit?  You out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 06:16:56 PM »
What’s this “we” shit?  You out.

It ain't that complicated.  I don't like Hugh. Never have.  I'm out of going to games, watching them *for the most part* and being invested until he proves me wrong or is gone. 

But I'm still orange and blue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 06:36:29 PM »

Harrumph!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 10:19:15 PM »
Harrumph!

I didn’t get a harrumph out of that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Jumbo,
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 10:20:37 PM »

This. All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE