Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
« on: January 05, 2024, 09:11:52 PM »
AppleTV series about the Titans.  Godzilla and the rest of the creatures that live in middle earth or whatever its called.

It bounces back and forth in time between the WWII era when the world just discovered the Titans and today, when the world is still coping with a Godzilla rampage that destroyed San Francisco and rendered it unhabitable (not much different than it actually is, come to think of it).

The older story is the better one.  Kurt Russell's son playing a younger version of Kurt as the military expert it's got flaws, but they aren't near as gaping or glaring as the present day story which follows a 20-something Scooby Gang that teams up with the older version of Kurt to look for their lost father and fart around in places where Titans are emerging.

The current storyline can't help itself. It has to force-feed some gayness and babbling about climate change.  I think those are required items for any story these days.  I don't much care for the teenage detectives themselves.  Well, the worst of them is the hottest, which is kind of a problem because she's one of the feeling her way into lesbian-ism ones.  She's also about to star in a remake of Shogun.

The problem with this show is there's way too much teenaged Scooby-Dooing -- which is on the idiocy level of something like Riverdale -- and way too little of the monsters.

I don't really give a hoot in an eggroll about their backstory, their lessie crushes, the "who's my daddy" angst. Unfortunately that's about 45% of the show. 

I wish they'd split this into the 30s era events and tell that story in a linear fashion. I'd enjoy that. Then could do a completely different show with the Scooby Gang that I could ignore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.