Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Things I Ponder While Watching Too Much Football

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Things I Ponder While Watching Too Much Football
« on: January 02, 2024, 05:36:02 PM »
***28 out of 35 for 363 yards  5 TD’s and 0 INT’s.  Were those the Bowl Game numbers for Caleb Williams? No. How about Jayden Daniels? Nope.  Drake Maye? Negative.  Joe Milton, maybe? Pffft…

All of the above opted out for the NFL Draft.  Those stats belong to one, Bo Nix, who opted in for the final game of his college career.  I don’t begrudge any of them, that’s the nature of the business.  Kudos to Mr. Nix.

***Just curious, but why even have a mouthpiece dangling from your face mask, and flopping around like my Johnson when I run, if you're not going to put it in your mouth?  The mouthpiece, not my Johnson.  But, for $20.00….just sayin’.

***In my best Jerry Seinfeld voice.  So, what’s the deal with football pants these days?  Sorry, I can’t get used to players looking like they just pulled on a pair of spandex shorts to play foosballz in.

***Don’t answer this, but who thought it would be a good idea to go to a 10 commercial break after one team scores, come back to show the kick off sailing through the end zone, then immediately go to another 10 commercial break?

***The previous play is under further review.

***Why in the hell was that play not reviewed?

***Can anyone field a punt?  Anyone?

***Did I leave the iron on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Things I Ponder While Watching Too Much Football
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 05:40:04 PM »
I'm also pondering if I should get the t-shirt that came out last night.

4th and 31

Simple, yet drives the point home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Jumbo,
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 06:42:06 PM »

4th and 31

The Thousand dolla band played the Eli call of the 4th & 31 during the halftime performance. Daniel Moore has a painting of the play in the works for the huge comeback victory over a 7 loss football team. Karma fucked Bama up for that bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 12:24:42 AM »

4th and 31

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 07:37:42 AM »
The Thousand dolla band played the Eli call of the 4th & 31 during the halftime performance. Daniel Moore has a painting of the play in the works for the huge comeback victory over a 7 loss football team. Karma fucked Bama up for that bullshit.
Well said. We need a no nonsense guy around here with some class. We don't have any as you already know.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 11:49:59 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 10:39:06 PM »
Well said. We need a no nonsense guy around here with some class. We don't have any as you already know.

I have many bammer honk friends.  On today posted a video on the book face “god bless these sons of Bama showing class in defeat..”

The entire video was of their players waddling off the field while Michigan players sought them out and got perfunctory nods. Not a single one looked a one of the wolverines in the eye. Toward the end one of the departing bammers was screaming “fuck this shit”. 

Such class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 11:08:47 PM »
***i like flopping johnsons in my mouth

***Don’t answer this, but where are my balls?

Great thoughts snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 09:20:10 AM »
Saban defended the last play call but you have to give your best player a chance to run or pass. There's an strong chance that the refs don't call interference on the last play but you always have a pick play to get a guy open. So "panic after a low snap" should be the Daniel Moore moment.

And yeah there were a few players that met the victors but mostly it was a sad display of classless, poor sportsmanship by Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 09:23:55 AM »
It's also no lock that Lil Nicky doesn't get an interference call if Michigan is draped over a receiver before the ball arrives. Can't end on a penalty.
One more shot at it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 09:26:24 AM »
It's also no lock that Lil Nicky doesn't get an interference call if Michigan is draped over a receiver before the ball arrives. Can't end on a penalty.
One more shot at it.

It was a run-pass option. The back in motion was running a sort of screen (had blockers set up). The snap was low, Milroe freaked out, and the Michigan defensive line (especially number 5) shoved the OL back into Milroe. There was nowhere to go and no time to throw.

Saban was defending his OC, the Center/OL, and his QB. He knows they got whipped up front. They go whipped all day save for 10 minutes of gametime. They did not deserve to win and he knows it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2024, 09:40:18 AM »
It was a run-pass option. The back in motion was running a sort of screen (had blockers set up). The snap was low, Milroe freaked out, and the Michigan defensive line (especially number 5) shoved the OL back into Milroe. There was nowhere to go and no time to throw.

Saban was defending his OC, the Center/OL, and his QB. He knows they got whipped up front. They go whipped all day save for 10 minutes of gametime. They did not deserve to win and he knows it.
Yes they did get whipped up front for most of the game.
Tough pill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2024, 10:06:37 AM »
They just need a couple more talented 'cruitin classes to make up the deficit they had out there on the field against Meechigan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2024, 11:12:36 AM »

And it wouldn't have mattered either. Watch the swing pass option....they had him covered well. Neither option was gonna work. Mich had them defended well all the way around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2024, 11:12:56 AM »
They just need a couple more talented 'cruitin classes to make up the deficit they had out there on the field against Meechigan.

"Yea Alabama" needs YORE HELP!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2024, 11:21:48 AM »
And it wouldn't have mattered either. Watch the swing pass option....they had him covered well. Neither option was gonna work. Mich had them defended well all the way around.

Agreed. Michigan and Alabama traded timeouts looking at formations for each other. Michigan's DC and staff adjusted better and were ready for everything. Blowing it up from the front was a boss move by their guys. They wanted that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2024, 11:30:17 AM »
Agreed. Michigan and Alabama traded timeouts looking at formations for each other. Michigan's DC and staff adjusted better and were ready for everything. Blowing it up from the front was a boss move by their guys. They wanted that.

But but.....tHa SNaP wUz lOe!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2024, 12:02:39 PM »
But but.....tHa SNaP wUz lOe!

Arrrrrbody knows yous gets a DO OVER ON A LOE SNAAAPPPP, PAWWWWWL!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2024, 12:08:46 PM »
Arrrrrbody knows yous gets a DO OVER ON A LOE SNAAAPPPP, PAWWWWWL!

I think those inbreds sent death threats or "go keeeel yoreself now looooser!" messages to the whole offensive line non stop Tuesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2024, 12:36:43 PM »
Yeah, on the replay, any chance Meelrow had to get through, or bounce it outside, got BLOOWWWN UP, SIR, by his own lineman getting BLOOWWWN UP, SIR.  Hardest tackle all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2024, 12:49:41 PM »
Yeah, on the replay, any chance Meelrow had to get through, or bounce it outside, got BLOOWWWN UP, SIR, by his own lineman getting BLOOWWWN UP, SIR.  Hardest tackle all day.

And thats called Footballin', SIR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE