Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Co U Free

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Co U Free
« on: January 02, 2024, 10:58:48 AM »
So, it’s a wrap.  Put a big, fat ugly bow on this season and move into 2024.  Is 6-7 what we wanted?  Of course not, but guess what, that’s pretty much what 95% of the analysts and experts predicted for this squad. They knew it, and I believe Freeze knew it as well.  If you have no dog in the fight, and don’t even own a pair of orange and blue sunglasses, it wasn’t hard to make that prediction.  If you stayed up to watch any of the Horns/Huskie match up last night, you had to nod your head and go, “Oh….naggers.”  Reality is, talent-wise, we are light years away from competing for anything meaningful. 

You don’t have to go beyond the simple fact that those two teams had absolute gazelles playing wide receiver, catching passes from QB’s who could actually place a ball where it should be.  (Granted, Penix is another level.) Go back to Saturday.  Other than Revolver Goodfellows, can you name a WR on this club who legitimately has the talent to even compete in this league?  And even if there were, do we really expect Payton Thorne to get the ball to them? In fact, there’s very little legit SEC level talent on this team, save a handful of DB’s, and most of them opted out. 

We tend to forget that Freeze was late to the party, and had only a few short weeks to establish himself, hire a staff and save a recruiting class.  Then, he tried to plug an ass load of gaping holes (See what I did there) on both sides of the ball, with a bunch of Group of 5 guys in the portal.  Our offense consisted of players from East Carolina, Tulsa, Western Kentucky, South Florida, North Texas and Jackson State.  Defensively, we ran new faces out there from Vanderbilt, Purdue, Appy State, North Texas etc. And 6-7 surprises anybody? It shouldn’t.

Personal observation here.  As for Freeze, I think the guy just took his lumps this year.  He’s been around the game long enough to know his team wasn’t going to compete for anything.  Could he have been far more involved in running the offense?  Of course he could have.  But, I think he left that to Montgomery and let things run their course.  Was that the right thing to do? Probably not, but I truly believe he’s looking at the bigger picture, and has been concentrating all his efforts in the only area that matters, building this roster with big time talent. If he doesn’t do that, none of this matters.

What does he need to address immediately?  Two things, IMO.  First, I think he may have screwed the pooch with the QB position.  If Saturday didn’t scream the fact that Payton Thorne sucks, Freeze may not be as smart as we think.  Deciding to roll with him into 24’ and not hit the portal just might turn out to be a YUUUGE mistake.  He needs to try and salvage that.  But hey, Hank Brown. Second, send Phillip Montgomery packing, or vow to take the offensive reigns himself this upcoming season.  One of the two has to happen.

I’m not getting caught up in any debate over Freeze being the right man, or not.  I believe he is, but the bottom line is, if he’s not, they’ll go get somebody else.  It’s big business.  Get the shit turned around, or we’ll try to find somebody who will.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Co U Free
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 12:03:35 PM »
Have read this somewhere before.
Still don't buy it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 12:07:25 PM »
We do need to hit the portal for a Hank Brown back up. Seriously thought Cam Ward would’ve been a good depth piece behind ‘ol Hank, but that didn’t pan out.

In all seriousness, we do need to go get someone and send Thorne packing. He’s been a stinky turd all year, save a few games against rosters worse than ours. Even so, he was a stinky turd in 2 games against inferior opponents. Not squarely on him, but he plays the most important position on the field and that comes with the highest degree of accountability. Like I’ve previously stated, watching him play made me miss Barrett Trotter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 12:10:56 PM »
Have read this somewhere before.
Still don't buy it.

What part don't you buy?  The fact that we've been playing with so many G5 players, or that Freeze said this when asked about the game plan for Maryland?

"Well, obviously I don't feel like it was an effective one," Freeze said. "I didn't get too involved in it for most of the part until this week because of recruiting, and really wanted to kind of evaluate everything about our program.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 12:14:02 PM »
Agree with Snake's stinky turd analogy.  The guy just played in his 265th game, and he still throws like Kadril Frayzha. He is what he is, and he ain't getting no better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 12:37:01 PM »
What part don't you buy?  The fact that we've been playing with so many G5 players, or that Freeze said this when asked about the game plan for Maryland?

"Well, obviously I don't feel like it was an effective one," Freeze said. "I didn't get too involved in it for most of the part until this week because of recruiting, and really wanted to kind of evaluate everything about our program.

Specifically the part where you are a total Hugh Freeze apologist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 01:03:18 PM »
Specifically the part where you are a total Hugh Freeze apologist.

I didnt get that at all from him. What I saw was Snags pointing out some things that may be unpleasant to hear for some fans - that big mighty Auburn that used to be the incarnate of Bama and Notre Dame (apparently to some of you) - which is about 14 months ago, we had a roster that resembled a G5 roster. It was more in peril than most even knew.

Sure, there is an argument that you should be able to do better with what you have - especially against teams like NMS and MD. Coaches have different MO's, and how they want to go about building their programs, and apparently his was to view this is a throwaway season and push all his chips to the center with recruiting, playing a long game. I don't know if I agree with it or not fully but it's what hes done.

At the end of the day, some of you are going to bitch about anything and everything, regardless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 01:12:59 PM »

Is it possible to coach & recruit? Asking for Nook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 01:17:08 PM »

No!!!  Now submit your dog to Jumbo…wait…Jumbo???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 01:20:19 PM »
No!!!  Now submit your dog to Jumbo…wait…Jumbo???
Hello, a good fisting is all we need to get back on track.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 01:24:14 PM »
Hello, a good fisting is all we need to get back on track.

A motto I always live by.  Good to see you back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 01:29:34 PM »
A motto I always live by.  Good to see you back.
glad to be back, 2024 is starting out pretty good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 02:04:46 PM »

The greats like Dye, Saban, etc. could only do one or the other. I mean c’mon.  They only make six or seven million a year.  You expect MULTItasking?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2024, 03:34:22 PM »
We do need to hit the portal for a Hank Brown back up. Seriously thought Cam Ward would’ve been a good depth piece behind ‘ol Hank, but that didn’t pan out.

In all seriousness, we do need to go get someone and send Thorne packing. He’s been a stinky turd all year, save a few games against rosters worse than ours. Even so, he was a stinky turd in 2 games against inferior opponents. Not squarely on him, but he plays the most important position on the field and that comes with the highest degree of accountability. Like I’ve previously stated, watching him play made me miss Barrett Trotter.
I never read very much of your stuff but I saw enough to know that you have seen enough of Thorne, too. And I agree. But I don’t put all of the blame on him. Regardless, let’s just move forward. Fuuuuuuck! I’ve seen enough. Give me Hank. Give me Holden. Give me Snaggle. WTF ever but just no more Thorne. I don’t be hating him but I’ve seen enough. IT DON’T BE WORKING.

Sometimes, it be’s like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2024, 03:48:39 PM »
Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2024, 04:16:57 PM »
Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire.

Penis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2024, 04:38:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2024, 04:57:27 PM »
I didnt get that at all from him. What I saw was Snags pointing out some things that may be unpleasant to hear for some fans - that big mighty Auburn that used to be the incarnate of Bama and Notre Dame (apparently to some of you) - which is about 14 months ago, we had a roster that resembled a G5 roster. It was more in peril than most even knew.

Sure, there is an argument that you should be able to do better with what you have - especially against teams like NMS and MD. Coaches have different MO's, and how they want to go about building their programs, and apparently his was to view this is a throwaway season and push all his chips to the center with recruiting, playing a long game. I don't know if I agree with it or not fully but it's what hes done.

At the end of the day, some of you are going to bitch about anything and everything, regardless.
Not at all. I'll give the man credit for being an outstanding recruiter. But it's debatable if he was ever as good a head coach as Malzahn. Also hate that the game at hand seems a distraction for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2024, 05:01:15 PM »
LEAVE 'EM THA HAYULL ALONE PAYPULL!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Jumbo,
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2024, 05:55:46 PM »
Penis?
why the question mark? You know he desires hard cock. If anything, be emphatic.

Cock! Hard dick! Big black penis!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com