Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In Slow Day NFL News...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
In Slow Day NFL News...
« on: December 28, 2023, 03:39:45 PM »
Sean Payton decided to bench Russell Wilson the last two games in favor of Jarrett Stidham.  That's right, Jarrett Stidham is in his 5th year in the NFL.  Denver is his 3rd team, and they signed him to a 2-year, $10 million contract this year.

Apparent that Payton and Wilson are not on the same page, because he's having a decent year, throwing for over 3,000 yards with 26 TD and 8 INT's.  I believe he's also due $35 million this year, and $50 million the next.  And you bench him? 

Good luck to JS.  Hope he lights it up and gets his money.  Not that he's hurting now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

Re: In Slow Day NFL News...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 05:19:32 PM »
Sean Payton decided to bench Russell Wilson the last two games in favor of Jarrett Stidham.  That's right, Jarrett Stidham is in his 5th year in the NFL.  Denver is his 3rd team, and they signed him to a 2-year, $10 million contract this year.

Apparent that Payton and Wilson are not on the same page, because he's having a decent year, throwing for over 3,000 yards with 26 TD and 8 INT's.  I believe he's also due $35 million this year, and $50 million the next.  And you bench him? 

Good luck to JS.  Hope he lights it up and gets his money.  Not that he's hurting now.

the ~50M is guaranteed if he does not pass a physical in March 2024.  so makes sense with 2 games left ...Wilson breaks a leg, tears an ACl or arm rips out of a socket he'll be guaranteed that cash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 03:39:28 PM »
carroll out as seahawks coach.  he'll serve as an advisor.  turf cleaning crew rejoices.

#legend #12ers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 04:12:02 PM »
carroll out as seahawks coach.  he'll serve as an advisor.  turf cleaning crew rejoices.

#legend #12ers

That's huge.  Haven't read anything on it.  Was he let go, left on his own, mutual parting of the ways? I think he's well into his 70's, isn't he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 04:16:19 PM »
That's huge.  Haven't read anything on it.  Was he let go, left on his own, mutual parting of the ways? I think he's well into his 70's, isn't he?

72, I believe.

The official statement said that his role is "evolving" into some sort of consultancy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 09:15:09 AM »
And Bill Belichick out this morning.

Goddammit, I wanted the Saints to fire that dumbass coach they have that apologies to the Falcons for beating their ass and hire Mike Vrabel, but I'd guess he'll be the first person the Pats call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions