Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Old farts check-in

Old farts check-in
« on: December 21, 2023, 05:22:59 PM »
Coming back on the board after a long hiatus go me to thinking about when this board was started and even the board that led to this board being created. Then it got me to thinking how long ago that was and how f-ing old I am now. I was in my mid-20s back then and just turned 50 a couple of months ago.  Who all is still around from the beginning of the board, how old are you now, and who have we lost?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Old farts check-in
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 05:37:13 PM »
Coming back on the board after a long hiatus go me to thinking about when this board was started and even the board that led to this board being created. Then it got me to thinking how long ago that was and how f-ing old I am now. I was in my mid-20s back then and just turned 50 a couple of months ago.  Who all is still around from the beginning of the board, how old are you now, and who have we lost?

Actually, this is a very small fraternity of folks left over from the Nation.  It's quaint, but we like it.  And ripping each other at every opportunity is still mandatory when posting, so prepare thy anus.

Wiregrass Tiger is the only one we don't like here, but since we have no mods, we have no way to ban him, or spike his warn meter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 05:45:41 PM »
I was an add-on back in 2008 from Auburn Undercover by the grace of GH & jmar. Also had run ins with K back in those days on that site until fatass P-Marsh started posting. That caused a mass exodus. Also took a long hiatus from here, but checked in from time to time as a lurker to see what these gentlemen were up to.

WT will give you all the hot goss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 05:48:14 PM »
I was an add-on back in 2008 from Auburn Undercover by the grace of GH & jmar. Also had run ins with K back in those days on that site until fatass P-Marsh started posting. That caused a mass exodus. Also took a long hiatus from here, but checked in from time to time as a lurker to see what these gentlemen were up to.

He'll also give you the herpes and goat aids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 07:15:37 PM »
I am still here, much older and much wiser 😳
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 07:19:58 PM »
Actually, this is a very small fraternity of folks left over from the Nation.  It's quaint, but we like it.  And ripping each other at every opportunity is still mandatory when posting, so prepare thy anus.

Wiregrass Tiger is the only one we don't like here, but since we have no mods, we have no way to ban him, or spike his warn meter.

I had a couple of mini run ins with a dude called Galen and just sort of fell in here through the swinging doors.
The females ran to safety and all that's left here now is like a movie we've all seen in a western town that once thrived. I'm not gonna describe the remaining members or their titles but it's a special collection of first rate assholes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 07:41:13 PM »

And I'm going to set the record straight. It was you and GH that got me over here. I had no board to call home and you two talked me into signing on here. My writing skills were just too good to be true and this place needed a severe upgrade. So it was really out of pity that I'm here. I cant help it if nobody here understands me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Kaos,Snakebite,
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 08:49:34 PM »
Kaos, first of his name, lord of the bammers, protector of the realm, hand in the Raven, voice of the masses, scribe of the ancient scrolls, follower of Shug, defender of Dye, benetbeot of Galen, a noble patriot who believes in God, guts and glory, the omnipotent and eternal. 

Here. 

I like to think I’m less of an asshole but there are bodies on the floor, slain by my hand during the t-Rex wars, the battle of 2016, and numerous other skirmishes.  I have some regrets.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 10:42:47 PM »
Kaos, first of his name, lord of the bammers, protector of the realm, hand in the Raven, voice of the masses, scribe of the ancient scrolls, follower of Shug, defender of Dye, benetbeot of Galen, a noble patriot who believes in God, guts and glory, the omnipotent and eternal. 

Here. 

I like to think I’m less of an asshole but there are bodies on the floor, slain by my hand during the t-Rex wars, the battle of 2016, and numerous other skirmishes.  I have some regrets.

2016...was that the famous Prowler battle where you wished each other were abortions?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 09:35:37 AM »
I met Howard and a couple others way back around 2003 on the al.com forums...

Which led to a brief thing called The Geek's Brain...

Which we all abandoned (more or less) to post at aunation.net...

Which led to some severe anus puckering amongst their mods resulting in...

The creation of this bastion of misfits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 09:58:58 AM »
2016...was that the famous Prowler battle where you wished each other were abortions?

Aye. There were several that fell during that glorious melee.  Some from immediate wounds, others from minor cuts and scrapes that turned gangrenous. 

There were also some who were laid to waste but never realized it and have continued to flail.   

Some conflagrations, like the traitorous battle of the sexes, are better not spoken of. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 03:42:55 PM »
Sounds like I missed some fun drama in 2016. So you guys ran off Jenny? What about Randall and Adam?

I am pretty sure Randall was one of the refs for the AHSAA Final Four game for the team I coached back in 2018.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 03:48:40 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 04:49:45 PM »
Sounds like I missed some fun drama in 2016. So you guys ran off Jenny? What about Randall and Adam?

I am pretty sure Randall was one of the refs for the AHSAA Final Four game for the team I coached back in 2018.

Shh. We don’t refer to people here by their real names. This place is under surveillance due to the writings of a few.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 04:51:20 PM »
..but it's a special collection of first rate assholes.
And just who the hell are you calling first rate!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2023, 09:13:38 PM »

The t-Rex wars were greater. 

Get to dah choppah!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 09:23:27 PM »
We lost Godfather to AIDS a few years back. I hope that he and Uncle Sani weren’t as “close” as everyone assumed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2023, 07:48:59 PM »

No clue what happened to Jenn.

Adam is a big wig with Armed Forces Network and I haven’t heard from him in years. 

My last Final Four was in 2016.  Are you saying all referees look alike?  That’s racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2023, 09:28:35 PM »
No clue what happened to Jenn.

Adam is a big wig with Armed Forces Network and I haven’t heard from him in years. 

My last Final Four was in 2016.  Are you saying all referees look alike?  That’s racist!
I do see Adam posting stuff on the Facebooks from time to time. 

I swore you were one of the officials for our Final Four game against Georgianna that year. Almost went up to say something to you, but knew the protocol in those games for you guys was to avoid any type of pre-game conversations with the coaches outside of the official pre-game talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2023, 12:08:50 AM »
That’s right.  We’re using CODE NAMES.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2023, 08:14:22 AM »
That’s right.  We’re using CODE NAMES.

I never received my decoder pin as promised.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions