Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Road Grader

jmar

Road Grader
« on: December 19, 2023, 07:55:25 AM »
The film on offensive line prospect Coen Echols from Katy shows a very large man relentlessly mauling anything in his path.
He's been trending toward Auburn and we could really use a run blocker with this kind of motor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Road Grader
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 08:50:58 AM »
The film on offensive line prospect Coen Echols from Katy shows a very large man relentlessly mauling anything in his path.
He's been trending toward Auburn and we could really use a run blocker with this kind of motor.

And honestly, if hes a high 3 star/low 4 star player from Texas (which he is), Jawja, Alabama (this year anyway), Florida, Ohio - thats a much higher quality player that has seen top competition as opposed to Missouri, Nevada, Indiana, Rhode Island, Iowa, etc. And yeah, hes a big big dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2023, 09:48:48 AM »
And honestly, if hes a high 3 star/low 4 star player from Texas (which he is), Jawja, Alabama (this year anyway), Florida, Ohio - thats a much higher quality player that has seen top competition as opposed to Missouri, Nevada, Indiana, Rhode Island, Iowa, etc. And yeah, hes a big big dude.

No idea how much truth there is, but there is a lot of griping in recruiting circles about kids from TX that play for super-programs have maxed out their growth/potential, so what you see is what you get.  Which can be great...if you know that going in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 10:48:45 AM »
No idea how much truth there is, but there is a lot of griping in recruiting circles about kids from TX that play for super-programs have maxed out their growth/potential, so what you see is what you get.  Which can be great...if you know that going in.

I personally think it's a crap shoot with Texas kids - many are good and others seem to be maxed out on 7-on-7 ball.

Me? Gimme dem Jawja and Florida boys... all. damn. day. You won't go too wrong there historically.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 12:13:56 PM »
I personally think it's a crap shoot with Texas kids - many are good and others seem to be maxed out on 7-on-7 ball.

Me? Gimme dem Jawja and Florida boys... all. damn. day. You won't go too wrong there historically.

What I see as the biggest difference in the SEC and err'body else, are the pure athletes you see from this region of the country on the defensive side of the ball.  Everybody can line up 320 pound hogs across the O-line.  Great QB's, running backs etc. come from all over.  But the guys recruited from the south on the D-line and at LB, just seem to be stronger and faster than everybody else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 05:12:00 PM »
What I see as the biggest difference in the SEC and err'body else, are the pure athletes you see from this region of the country on the defensive side of the ball.  Everybody can line up 320 pound hogs across the O-line.  Great QB's, running backs etc. come from all over.  But the guys recruited from the south on the D-line and at LB, just seem to be stronger and faster than everybody else.

...but it AIN'T too goddamned beaucoup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 07:01:31 AM »
Okay so Auburn went with Edwin instead.
Echols had more actual playing experience against better competition (by available film) but maybe the Nigerian kid is projected to become a greater force in the future.

LSU had the last crack at Echols for a lengthy visit in Baton Rouge and I'm assuming it was better for the Auburn staff to add Edwin who was ready to sign than to risk the chance at losing both with Bamer and a few others waiting to pounce without hesitation.

Doesn't help that in the recruiting capsules we see the timelines of visits which include the number of offensive tackles (12) that Auburn already has as opposed to 5 or 6 that the competition has listed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions