Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Nice...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
How Nice...
« on: December 07, 2023, 10:50:41 AM »
is it to have so many commits in the top two-fiddy?

Checking 247 Composite Rankings, Auburn's current commits are:

Cam Coleman WR  #8

Perry Thompson WR  #23

Jamonta Walker DE  #48

Demarcus Riddick LB  #52

Walker White QB  #101

Bryce Cain WR  #238

A'Mon Lane Ganus CB  #242

There is no other way to build a program other than stockpiling top shelf talent in consecutive years.  You can use the port hole to fill in gaps, and yes, sometimes really upgrade a position or two.  But that's usually just a short term rental.  Most years, you look at these rankings, and hope we slip one or two in there, while seeing the Bama's and Georgia's and THE Ohio States of the world, with 8-10 guys on the list. 

This warms my cold, cold heart.  BTW, I didn't see Ryan Williams on the list anywhere, and I keep hearing people saying he may "re-classify".  Is he a Junior?  What's the scoop on him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: How Nice...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 10:53:11 AM »
is it to have so many commits in the top two-fiddy?

Checking 247 Composite Rankings, Auburn's current commits are:

Cam Coleman WR  #8

Perry Thompson WR  #23

Jamonta Walker DE  #48

Demarcus Riddick LB  #52

Walker White QB  #101

Bryce Cain WR  #238

A'Mon Lane Ganus CB  #242

There is no other way to build a program other than stockpiling top shelf talent in consecutive years.  You can use the port hole to fill in gaps, and yes, sometimes really upgrade a position or two.  But that's usually just a short term rental.  Most years, you look at these rankings, and hope we slip one or two in there, while seeing the Bama's and Georgia's and THE Ohio States of the world, with 8-10 guys on the list. 

This warms my cold, cold heart.  BTW, I didn't see Ryan Williams on the list anywhere, and I keep hearing people saying he may "re-classify".  Is he a Junior?  What's the scoop on him?

1. Top 4 were huge flips from Bama, Fla and Aggie. That's great. Hoping KJ and Ryan follow suit.

2. Ryan Williams is C/O '25. But yes, he can graduate early and reclass and it appears he is leaning that way. Although he still has to wait until Feb to sign on normal SD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: How Nice...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 02:32:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.