Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Christmas Movies

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Christmas Movies
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2023, 11:46:13 AM »
https://collider.com/mary-bailey-hero-its-a-wonderful-life/

Maybe outdated and morose to some but this contrarian knows a good story, and It's a Wonderful Life embodies real elements of overcoming obstacles, strained relationships and questioning one's own faith.
Zero doubt that it belongs on any “best Christmas movie” list, as far as I’m concerned. It’s probably my number 2 but possibly 1. A Christmas Story is its rival. Of course Planes, Trains and Automobiles is in almost everyone’s top 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2023, 12:29:06 PM »
Watched part of A Christmas Story last night. The part where Ralphie dropped the lug nuts and yelled Fuuuuuck!

Mrs. Schwartz, do you know what Ralphie said?

WHAAAT?

Do you know where he heard it from? Your son.

WHAAAAT?  Oww....Oww....Mom, what did I do?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2023, 02:12:31 PM »
Agree with most all movies mentioned.  I'm old tho so I always watch The Waltons Christmas with Patricia O'Neal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2023, 03:58:31 PM »
Agree with most all movies mentioned.  I'm old tho so I always watch The Waltons Christmas with Patricia O'Neal.
Geeze Louise. The Waltons? I had you pegged as old but we’re talking jmar, snags or even kaos kind of old. Surely not oldautiger old. I’m not even sure how old he is but he’s older than kaos. And Kaos’ first date was on a horse and buggy. He went to a square dance in Tuscaloosa with a white girl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2023, 04:03:11 PM »
Geeze Louise. The Waltons? I had you pegged as old but we’re talking jmar, snags or even kaos kind of old. Surely not oldautiger old. I’m not even sure how old he is but he’s older than kaos. And Kaos’ first date was on a horse and buggy. He went to a square dance in Tuscaloosa with a white girl.

You so old, the key on Benjamin Franklin's kite, was to yo' mama's apartment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2023, 04:17:18 PM »
Scrooged is a good one, too.  To Bill Fucking Murray!  :bow:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmar,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2023, 09:03:28 AM »
Scrooged is a good one, too.  To Bill Fucking Murray!  :bow:
YES...To Bill! 🍻 He's 72, still having fistfights on set and groping female cast members. Probably got him some Andie McDowell back in the day. Peach of a guy I tell you, A PEACH!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2023, 09:07:19 AM »
Okay gonna give it a look.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2023, 05:05:20 PM »
Watched the Walton's Christmas set in 1933. Was really impressed by the authenticity of what life would have been like for a large close knit family on a rural mountain during the Depression. Will bring some tears.
Thanks chityeah!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 09:31:59 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2023, 07:07:40 PM »
Watched the Walton's Christmas set in 1933. Was really impressed by the authenticity of what life would have been like for a large close knit family on a rural mountain during the Depression. Will bring some tears.
Thanks chityeah!
You could have just asked Kaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2023, 07:18:49 PM »

The horse was better looking.  And smelled better too. 

As for The Waltons?  Knowing that grandpa was a liberal communist piece of crap makes it difficult for me to watch.  Didn’t much like it before I knew that.  100% pass now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2023, 09:15:55 PM »
The horse was better looking.  And smelled better too. 

As for The Waltons?  Knowing that grandpa was a liberal communist piece of crap makes it difficult for me to watch.  Didn’t much like it before I knew that.  100% pass now.
Hold on now. Edgar Bergen is the new Grandpa in this one.
The commie Will Geer is long dead.
Died in 1978.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 09:28:49 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2023, 12:27:01 PM »
This old man has been pained by a sprained foot for three weeks and suddenly now have type A flu right through Christmas. No Chinese meal this Eve or contact with family for several more days. 

Anyway while I haven't felt much like watching tv have decided to make the most with less and watch a couple of writer/producer John Hughes (d. 2009) classics including Planes Trains and Automobiles and Home Alone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2023, 02:07:12 PM »
This old man has been pained by a sprained foot for three weeks and suddenly now have type A flu right through Christmas. No Chinese meal this Eve or contact with family for several more days. 

Anyway while I haven't felt much like watching tv have decided to make the most with less and watch a couple of writer/producer John Hughes (d. 2009) classics including Planes Trains and Automobiles and Home Alone.
jmar you really know how to win favor with a fellow and reach across any trenches of debate that sometimes develop in life. I am glad that we can work this one out. And unlike some people that start with a k, I am not a my way or the highway kind of guy. So, I’m malleable in nature and can adapt to people’s feelings. But I’m glad that you finally saw this one from the correct perspective. I was getting tired of the hate festering and I was fearful of things getting worse between us. Merry Christmas my dear friend. Those aren’t pillows!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2023, 02:56:02 PM »
jmar you really know how to win favor with a fellow and reach across any trenches of debate that sometimes develop in life. I am glad that we can work this one out. And unlike some people that start with a k, I am not a my way or the highway kind of guy. So, I’m malleable in nature and can adapt to people’s feelings. But I’m glad that you finally saw this one from the correct perspective. I was getting tired of the hate festering and I was fearful of things getting worse between us. Merry Christmas my dear friend. Those aren’t pillows!
Hmm. So you thought... oh you thought this was my admission that PT & A's was a Christmas Classic. Far be it friend. It is about two men of different status attempting to get home from NYC to Chicago for Thanksgiving.
I will say that as holiday movies rank it's definitely among my top five John Hughes' films. Merry Christmas WT!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2023, 04:06:43 PM »

May I suggest door dash?   Chinese to your stoop.  Not an actual Chinese, just their food.  🍲
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2023, 09:35:29 PM »

May I suggest door dash?   Chinese to your stoop.  Not an actual Chinese, just their food.  🍲
If you have a Chinaman manservant is it still ok to call them your manservant. If not, what should we call him? His nickname is definitely too offensive to use in public.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2023, 08:57:10 AM »
If you have a Chinaman manservant is it still ok to call them your manservant. If not, what should we call him? His nickname is definitely too offensive to use in public.

They is your person servant. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2023, 11:58:20 AM »

They is your person servant.

Sometimes it be’s like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2023, 02:19:39 PM »
Sometimes it be’s like that.
All kidding aside, it do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions