Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Christmas Movies

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Christmas Movies
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2023, 09:42:10 PM »
It’s A Wonderful Life is awful.  I agree with your list except for that piece of shit.

In what way?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 10:18:17 PM »
In what way?

I think it’s cheesy and old but I definitely don’t carry the hate for it several others do here. I don’t really feel too strongly for it one way or another.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 10:29:52 PM »
Man whatever GAF is playing is the bestest!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2023, 09:51:40 AM »
I never was into It's a Wonderful Life. Just wasn't one of those holiday movies that I watched more than bits and pieces of.  Sunday, we're going to see A Christmas Carol at Alabama Shakespeare Festival.  Last year about this time, we went to ASF for It's a Wonderful Life, A Radio Play.  Awesomeness!

The setting was the movie being done as a radio broadcast in the late 40's. The stage was the radio studio, with the actors reading the script, and making all the sounds of the movie come to life.  Doors closing, people running, crowds cheering etc.  They would even go to commercials, and do bits for local businesses in Montgomery at the time. You got the movie, but with a whole different presentation.  Really neato-keen, Mustang level stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2023, 10:52:59 AM »
  Really neato-keen, Mustang level stuff.

Window Louvers and all??  Shut. UP!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 12:33:41 PM »
In what way?

I am not a fan of the whole premise of the movie, I think the acting is overdone and I don’t think any movie about Christmas should include suicidal ideations. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 01:32:49 PM »
I am not a fan of the whole premise of the movie, I think the acting is overdone and I don’t think any movie about Christmas should include suicidal ideations.

All the acting was overdone in the 30s. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 02:22:04 PM »

Jimmy Stewart would kick your ass...while wearing a bunny costume!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 04:51:05 PM »
All the acting was overdone in the 30s. 
Maybe the Shop Around the Corner can pass the test.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2023, 05:30:43 PM »
Christmas Vacation
Die Hard
The Strike
Friday After Next
Mixed Nuts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2023, 06:38:19 PM »
In no particular order:

Wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Home Alone

Definitely gonna watch Krampus and Violent Night to broaden my horizons.
Have to admit Kurt Russell really makes a great Santa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2023, 11:29:19 PM »
In no particular order:

Wonderful Life
Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Home Alone

Definitely gonna watch Krampus and Violent Night to broaden my horizons.
Have to admit Kurt Russell really makes a great Santa.
^^Agree with Gramps.

edit: I want to add Planes, Trains and Automobiles because it is often viewed during the Christmas season. It is a Thanksgiving themed movie but it belongs on the Christmas list.

I fully realize that this is controversial but I hope you will understand that I do not give one single fuck what you think about it. It’s on the list as of now. Take it down, Wes. I dare you. Or, any of you just try.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 02:28:00 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2023, 08:46:46 AM »
^^Agree with Gramps.

edit: I want to add Planes, Trains and Automobiles because it is often viewed during the Christmas season. It is a Thanksgiving themed movie but it belongs on the Christmas list.

I fully realize that this is controversial but I hope you will understand that I do not give one single fuck what you think about it. It’s on the list as of now. Take it down, Wes. I dare you. Or, any of you just try.
Yes agree with you WT.
PT & A is a tremendous Thanksgiving movie. Doesn't qualify for this particular favorites list however because Thanksgiving is celebrated as a single day in late November you see and Christmas... it's a totally different holiday... an entire season if you will.
Have you been a good boy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,CCTAU,
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2023, 03:40:22 PM »
Yes agree with you WT.
PT & A is a tremendous Thanksgiving movie. Doesn't qualify for this particular favorites list however because Thanksgiving is celebrated as a single day in late November you see and Christmas... it's a totally different holiday... an entire season if you will.
Have you been a good boy?
The last thing that I’d want to do is create a mountain out of a molehill but when someone is blatantly wrong, I will point it out.

Just because I’m gracious and gregarious, that should not be mistaken as weakness. I am kind but when I am right, which is most of the time, then I won’t back down. Tom Petty wrote a song about me.

Planes and Trains is VIEWED during the Christmas season. That’s what this thread is about.

Regardless, I have already made the call.

It doesn’t matter if it makes sense to anyone or not. Once I have made my decision, you can move along and decide who to move to cornerback. It’s not that complicated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2023, 07:00:13 PM »
You're out of your nut but I can't really hold it against you given the plate in your head which likely causes you to challenge my judgement of acceptable holiday viewing as well as other
questionable practices among our community. And I can assure you if jmar chooses a wide receiver or speedy backfield type to man a corner position that particular player is better suited as a pass defender.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2023, 07:18:17 PM »
The last thing that I’d want to do is create a mountain out of a molehill but when someone is blatantly wrong, I will point it out.

Just because I’m gracious and gregarious, that should not be mistaken as weakness. I am kind but when I am right, which is most of the time, then I won’t back down. Tom Petty wrote a song about me.

Planes and Trains is VIEWED during the Christmas season. That’s what this thread is about.

Regardless, I have already made the call.

It doesn’t matter if it makes sense to anyone or not. Once I have made my decision, you can move along and decide who to move to cornerback. It’s not that complicated.

I watched Se7en last night.  Does that make it a Christmas movie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

jmar

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2023, 07:52:36 PM »
Careful. He says he's gregarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2023, 10:24:28 PM »

That’s not how any of this works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2023, 09:31:30 AM »
No.  If a lot of other people did on a regular basis, then maybe.

Jmar is being contrarian and gets defensive when he is called out for being completely wrong.

Think of it this way. Let’s say that Token does not regularly ass rape drunks at the jail. Obviously, he does but just follow me.

But, Token starts corn holing drunks to kind of “Tis the Season” things up, around the jailhouse.

Then, it’s considered a holiday tradition for HIM. Now if all of us started ass raping drunks during that time, which I know is turning many of you on just reading about, it could make the list of traditions.

It’s similar with the Christmas movies in that if we are trying to ascertain what normal people watch during Christmas, the entire movie does not need to come from the Hallmark channel.

Does Die Hard get consideration? I say it should.

One of the problems with a list like this being on the x is that it’s very unlikely to get even a remotely normal response from these people.

Planes and Trains remains an option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2023, 10:41:22 AM »
Hit A Christmas Carol at ASF Sunday.  I still have a couple of Christmas shows to watch, but after seeing that live, my Christmas viewing is complete.  Anything else is gravy.

Damn, I love that place. And I'll be going back in the Spring, for Hounds of Baskerville, to get my Sherlock Holmes fix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."