Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wanna tell you a story

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Wanna tell you a story
« on: December 03, 2023, 02:21:00 PM »
Now I wanna tell you a story. I'm gonna ask ya'all to close your eyes while I tell you this story. I want you to listen to me. I want you to listen to yourselves.

This is a story about a college football team playing its heart out week after week. Win after win piles up.  I want you to picture this team.

Suddenly on senior night their dynamic quarterback is grievously injured. They were playing an overmatched opponent they could have beaten with no quarterback. But he was in the game, enjoying his last ride. On a simple running play the opponent hit him awkwardly and he went down.  He stayed there. 

The training staff rushed to the field and it was immediately evident that his college career was over.  His lower leg was shattered, his foot dangling at an unnatural angle.

Now comes the aftermath. The dynamic quarterback is lost but the season goes on. The team turns to the backup quarterback to protect its position in the four-team playoff rankings.  And the team continues to win.  It’s not as dominant as before but it continues to win.  Then comes the conference championship game. Suffering from a concussion the backup quarterback cannot go.  The team turns to an 18 year old freshman who hasn’t played a meaningful snap all season.  And it wins. The team was never seriously challenged all season as it battled to overcome horrendous injuries and the mental toll of losing key players.

The morning after the conference championship game win, the team awoke early to find out who it would play in the first round.  Instead it was supplanted by an Alabama team that struggled with South Florida and needed a cheating miracle to survive 6-win Auburn the week before.  There would be no playoffs.  No reward for an unbeaten season.

Can you see it? It’s broken quarterback hobbling on crutches. Can you see the broken hearted players and distraught fans? Can you see the head coach struggling through his own tears to console his players and the seniors who will never have another chance?

Can you see it? I want you to picture that broken hearted team.

Now imagine it was Clemson.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 05:03:59 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Wanna tell you a story
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 11:16:00 PM »
K channeling his inner Mattie Mc from Time to Kill. Well done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE