Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Things that are ASS - TitleWeek

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Things that are ASS - TitleWeek
« on: December 03, 2023, 08:49:37 AM »
It's over. Sometime today the playoff committee will deliver one of three things. Two of them are ass.  Well, all three are if we're willing to put aside hate.

1. CFP Ass Scenario A. Alabama makes the playoffs. To do so, they'd have to either bump undefeated FSU or one-loss Texas, which beat them. Soundly.  That would be ass.
2. CFP Ass Scenario B.  As floated early yesterday, both Alabama and Georgia both make the playoffs.  In all honesty, and as much as it sickens me to say it, both Washington and FSU would get annihilated by most of the SEC. But the idea that both Texas and FSU are ignored to pander to the SEC?  That's pretty assy.
3. CFP Ass Scenario C.  The SEC has proven over the last two decades that it competes at a completely different level than other conferences.  It's faster than the Pac-12.  Stronger than the Big10.  Deeper than the Big12. More balanced than the ACC. To leave the SEC completely out of the playoff picture seems wrong.  Even if it's Alabama and that barely literate Milroe turd that gets in.  If I didn't hate them - and him - as much as I do, it would be hard to say they shouldn't be there. 

4. Bo Nix's Heisman chances.  They're ass.  Going into the weekend, he was probably the favorite.  He had a chance to make a definitive statement in a game all of the country could watch. Instead he didn't look much better than he did the first time he took the field.  He, and his entire team, played like dusty turds. As little confidence as I have in the current AU coaching staff to effectively game plan or know how to win, I think AU would be more than competitive with either Oregon or Washington. Neither was impressive in any way whatsoever Friday. They looked like two mediocre high school teams.

5. Sports Illustrated.   Allowing AI to fake journalists and write fake articles is bad enough.  Naming Deion the Sportsman of the Year is ass raised to a factor of 12.

6. Oklahoma State.  Gundy stayed too long. That's a schizophrenic team.

7. Apretude ads. They're disgusting. They're sickening. 

8. Peyton and Emmitt.  Shilling for Bud Light?  Really?  That's so brave, sweetie! 

9. The end of KISS and the beginning of "New KISS"   Knowing that Gene, Paul, Tommy, and Eric, much less Ace and Peter, will never take the stage in makeup and platform boots again is difficult for Kaos to accept.  That band has been a part of his life since he was a child - and one of the very few constants.  KISS and Auburn - and that's about it. But gone they are.  Except not. They used the second encore of their final show to debut some virtual reality/AI type creation that "will make them immortal."  I don't get it. It doesn't make sense to Kaos who is apparently too old to understand what they're even trying to do, who would be interested in it, or what purpose it serves.

And that's it.  I'm all out of ass.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 09:00:30 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Things that are ASS - TitleWeek
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 10:39:53 AM »
Re: #3.

There is wisdom in not pulling the plug on that program when it (NCAA) had them dead to rights. Somewhere in the past I argued that to have a great story or rivalry you must have a great villain.
We share the same boundaries with ours. I can't imagine the world of  college football without Alabama. We need them to help kick the can along if we intend to enjoy football because as you stated, "... it would be hard to say they shouldn't be there."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 11:12:25 AM »

Spank it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 11:10:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE