Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No-Dick-Shuns! Just Musings

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
No-Dick-Shuns! Just Musings
« on: November 27, 2023, 02:55:23 PM »
Nothing but Conference Championship games coming up this weekend.  I’ll check in with somewhat feigned interest, but it’s still college football.  If I’ll watch some MACtion in the middle of the week, I’ll certainly watch some of these games. The only thing I will say about the Iron Bowl, (Until I say something else) is I would much rather have seen Bama go ahead and score in a few plays after the muffed punt, than lose on that disaster.  I truly believe most fans would have walked out of there with a different outlook.  I hate moral victories, but I think that’s what most Auburn fans were thinking was the best case scenario going in.

The biggest game with the most meaning is Washington and Oregon.  Funny how the Huskies beat Oregon earlier, and finished the season undefeated, but they’re 9.5 point dogs against the Ducks. (See what I did there? Huskies…dogs? I crack me up) Since that game though, Washington has skruggled mightily to win, while Oregon has flown past everybody.  I did it again.  I’m good like that.  This one is for the playoffs.

Oklahoma State and Texas battle it out for the Big 12 Title.  I’ll check the score later.

It’s Michigan and Iowa for the Big 10 crown.  I made the mistake on Friday of watching the end of Iowa and Nebraska.  Gawt damn, that’s bad football.  Game tied at 10-10 with under a minute to go.  Iowa throws an interception.  Nebraska needs a few yards to get in field goal range, so the QB throws it right to an Iowa lineman, who returns it, putting them in field goal range, which they promptly hit.  Here’s a stat I heard after the game.  Iowa is the first team to win 10 games in a season, and be dead last in total offense.  I will NOT watch this one either.

Over the last decade plus, I have developed such a deep hatred of all things FUGA.  Just like I made it a point to never spell Bryman Hatpin’s name correctly, I have also stayed true to never mentioning that program’s name, without the use of a well placed F-Bomb.  In fact, their fans disgust me so much, that I have….Oh God, dare I say it….here goes….pulled for Bama the last few times they met. I feel dirty.

Saturday night, I had Bama fans on both sides of me in JHS.  They were nice people and I enjoyed talking with them during the game.  I didn't see any incidents, or encounter any toothless, mouth breathers, before or after the game.  All in all, pretty tame crowd.  However, that last play, and seeing them celebrate on our home field, brought back up some long suppressed feelings.  In fact, I found I was not alone in my outlook on these two programs.  I heard multiple people after the game proclaim, “Believe it or not, I am actually going to be pulling for Georgia next Saturday”.  See, for the first time in years, I said Georgia sans the F-Bomb. But just for old time’s sake…

FUCK Georgia!

Blowing the froth off a couple of too many beers at the tailgate, and I see the shirt of the day.  Dude is proudly displaying a, "Bama Fans Fuck Their Cousins", T.  BTW, beer really stings when it comes out of your nose.

Look for John Sumrall of Troy, to get one of these coaching carousel openings.  This is year two, and he is now 22-4, and playing Saturday for a 2nd straight Sun Belt crown.  Oh, and…

FUCK Bama!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: No-Dick-Shuns! Just Musings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 05:25:54 PM »
I hope Atlanta falls into the 7th layer of hell this weekend.  Fuck them both, I hope it ends in a negative tie.

I know they are both somehow going to make the playoffs, and they are going to make me root for FSU and Michigan, because Washington/Oregon is going to somehow get fucked, and I fucking hate FSU and Michigan.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 05:37:16 PM »
I hope Atlanta falls into the 7th layer of hell this weekend.  Fuck them both, I hope it ends in a negative tie.

I know they are both somehow going to make the playoffs, and they are going to make me root for FSU and Michigan, because Washington/Oregon is going to somehow get fucked, and I fucking hate FSU and Michigan.

Well then, your weekend's fucked.  BTW, just saw where your Cards signed a good one to toe the bump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 06:01:46 PM »
Nothing but Conference Championship games coming up this weekend.  I’ll check in with somewhat feigned interest, but it’s still college football.  If I’ll watch some MACtion in the middle of the week, I’ll certainly watch some of these games. The only thing I will say about the Iron Bowl, (Until I say something else) is I would much rather have seen Bama go ahead and score in a few plays after the muffed punt, than lose on that disaster.  I truly believe most fans would have walked out of there with a different outlook.  I hate moral victories, but I think that’s what most Auburn fans were thinking was the best case scenario going in.

The biggest game with the most meaning is Washington and Oregon.  Funny how the Huskies beat Oregon earlier, and finished the season undefeated, but they’re 9.5 point dogs against the Ducks. (See what I did there? Huskies…dogs? I crack me up) Since that game though, Washington has skruggled mightily to win, while Oregon has flown past everybody.  I did it again.  I’m good like that.  This one is for the playoffs.

Oklahoma State and Texas battle it out for the Big 12 Title.  I’ll check the score later.

It’s Michigan and Iowa for the Big 10 crown.  I made the mistake on Friday of watching the end of Iowa and Nebraska.  Gawt damn, that’s bad football.  Game tied at 10-10 with under a minute to go.  Iowa throws an interception.  Nebraska needs a few yards to get in field goal range, so the QB throws it right to an Iowa lineman, who returns it, putting them in field goal range, which they promptly hit.  Here’s a stat I heard after the game.  Iowa is the first team to win 10 games in a season, and be dead last in total offense.  I will NOT watch this one either.

Over the last decade plus, I have developed such a deep hatred of all things FUGA.  Just like I made it a point to never spell Bryman Hatpin’s name correctly, I have also stayed true to never mentioning that program’s name, without the use of a well placed F-Bomb.  In fact, their fans disgust me so much, that I have….Oh God, dare I say it….here goes….pulled for Bama the last few times they met. I feel dirty.

Saturday night, I had Bama fans on both sides of me in JHS.  They were nice people and I enjoyed talking with them during the game.  I didn't see any incidents, or encounter any toothless, mouth breathers, before or after the game.  All in all, pretty tame crowd.  However, that last play, and seeing them celebrate on our home field, brought back up some long suppressed feelings.  In fact, I found I was not alone in my outlook on these two programs.  I heard multiple people after the game proclaim, “Believe it or not, I am actually going to be pulling for Georgia next Saturday”.  See, for the first time in years, I said Georgia sans the F-Bomb. But just for old time’s sake…

FUCK Georgia!

Blowing the froth off a couple of too many beers at the tailgate, and I see the shirt of the day.  Dude is proudly displaying a, "Bama Fans Fuck Their Cousins", T.  BTW, beer really stings when it comes out of your nose.

Look for John Sumrall of Troy, to get one of these coaching carousel openings.  This is year two, and he is now 22-4, and playing Saturday for a 2nd straight Sun Belt crown.  Oh, and…

FUCK Bama!

Bo Nix has only been sacked 5 times this season. Just a testament to what the guy can do when given good protection. I'm pulling for him even though the most exciting guy to watch is Daniels.
That said, I think Oregon beats Washington this time.

We need offensive line upgrades and a couple of receivers the caliber of Nabers to get right back in the hunt.
I'm confident Freeze and Montgomery will find the right guy at quarterback.
Don't know that we can or ever will make up the depth deficit we have with both Georgia and Alabama. We just have to get a few classes in and keep restocking the talent that leaves early just like they do. They have a greater margin for error but beyond that we can still recoup from the Horsepen debacle.

Expecting an SECCG in the high twenties, low thirties, probably decided by a field goal. No favorite.

Michigan should be able to take care or Iowa same as they did Penn State.
Won't watch a down of this game.

Will be pulling for Oklahoma State against Texas for no other reason than it's the same old overinflated mentality of Texas fans with McConaghay strutting around like he's a difference maker.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 08:33:58 AM »
I'll be rooting for the earth swallowing earthquake on Sat'dey
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.