Things heard in the Ole Miss postgame Egg Bowl win

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Things heard in the Ole Miss postgame Egg Bowl win
« on: November 24, 2023, 08:03:48 AM »
From their rivals group who runs several shows:

“Lane Kiffin has Ole Miss the default number three SEC team headed into 2024”

“If you want to vote for Eli Drinkwitcz as CotY, go ahead, but we all know Lane is the real one”

“Ole Miss is now a better job than Auburn. Historically, it’s a wash, but now, it’s a better job”

“Ole Miss has a much larger NIL than Auburn”

“Should Auburn do what Mississippi State did to Arnett after they get killed Saturday?” (opinions were mixed)

“Jaxon Dart (Ole Miss QB) is far and away the best QB returning to the SEC next year. No one is close to his accuracy and toughness.”

“Mississippi State should probably join the C-USA or Sun Belt”

Unreal, the hubris.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 08:44:25 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

Re: Things heard in the Ole Miss postgame Egg Bowl win
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 02:12:46 PM »

From their rivals group who runs several shows:

“Lane Kiffin has Ole Miss the default number three SEC team headed into 2024”

Not very in tune with recruiting as in year's past but according to 247 we currently sit outside of the top 15 for both 2023 (18th) and 2024 (17th)

Too bad Harsin barely recruited for two years.

Wonder where Ole Miss is rated with all of that NIL money and Lane Kiffen at the helm?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 02:18:57 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 02:40:39 PM »

Not very in tune with recruiting as in year's past but according to 247 we currently sit outside of the top 15 for both 2023 (18th) and 2024 (17th)

Too bad Harsin barely recruited for two years.

Wonder where Ole Miss is rated with all of that NIL money and Lane Kiffen at the helm?

That particular comment was based on what is coming back more than what is projected to come in through the portal/admissions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 02:56:32 PM »
That particular comment was based on what is coming back more than what is projected to come in through the portal/admissions.
Understood.
Mississippi State might not have the deep cofers for NIL money but all indications are that Lebby can more than hold his own when it comes to gathering talent. Just something Ole Piss fans might need to consider inside the confines of their own backyard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 03:55:46 PM »
Understood.
Mississippi State might not have the deep cofers for NIL money but all indications are that Lebby can more than hold his own when it comes to gathering talent. Just something Ole Piss fans might need to consider inside the confines of their own backyard.

Lane and Ole Miss is a marriage in which the days are numbered. I am anticipating the start of the decline in 2024. This is all in my not so expert opinion, of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 04:43:44 PM »

Lane and Ole Miss is a marriage in which the days are numbered. I am anticipating the start of the decline in 2024. This is all in my not so expert opinion, of course.
We know Kiffen is a very good offensive coordinator. Ole Miss will have him for as long as he wants to be there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 05:10:12 PM »
We know Kiffen is a very good offensive coordinator. Ole Miss will have him for as long as he wants to be there.

I believe I heard Dart announced he's coming back, and if Judkins doesn't get a better offer through the port-hole, they'll be good on offense again. 

The obvious problem with Coach Freshwater, is he continues to make bonehead in-game decisions over and over and over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 06:16:00 PM »
I believe I heard Dart announced he's coming back, and if Judkins doesn't get a better offer through the port-hole, they'll be good on offense again. 

The obvious problem with Coach Freshwater, is he continues to make bonehead in-game decisions over and over and over.
Yeah there's a difference between taking a calculated risk or having a gut feel as opposed to just getting overly frustrated that his play call didn't yield the desired results and he just cannot accept it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 07:00:48 PM »
FWIW, the Ole Miss phenomenon isn't new.  They've thought they were a tier above us for decades. 

The very first message board I got banned from was essentially a green-screen version I ran across in 92 or so.  This was even pre-Netscape Navigator, it was so far back.  It was War Games looking stuff. In the college library on a computer that had a tiny screen - maybe 13"? - and an enormous box that ran it a friend introduced me to a listserv (I think) where football fans were exchanging opinions and the occasional insult. 

Within the first day I encountered an Ole Miss fan who held that opinion. UM was the second-best program in the SEC, trailing only Alabama and possibly Tennessee, but not by much.  Auburn?  Afterthoughts. In the same tier as MSU, Kentucky, slightly above Vandy. He was far from alone, that was considered established fact amongst other UM fans. This UM fan - who's user name began with a 'B' - was merely the most vocal.

For reasons unknown to the genteel entity known as Kaos/Galen, this UM fan developed a particular hatred for him.  Mr. B already hated Auburn (I think his application to attend had been rejected) and he turned all of that vitriol in Kaos' direction. 

Nobody loves a flame war any more than Kaos. Internet sparring is a noble pursuit and Mr. B was quickly unhorsed in the joust.  Apparently our war was not as enjoyable to others and both B and Kaos were removed. 

That wasn't the end.  B made it his particular mission to pursue Kaos/Galen and the war spread across multiple message boards over the years, including some of the most classic battles ever waged on a message board run by the Rebel scum (and criminal) Scott McKinney.  That one ended with the threat of a lawsuit after Mr B's message board icon was photoshopped into the Ezekiel scene from Pulp Fiction, complete with an exploding head at the end.  Gory.  And undoubtably crude in today's deep fake world. But effective.

That led to a Kaos/Galen ban and also unleashed the power of resurrection as Kaos' Ghost, Galen's Ghost, General Aldo, Cornelius, Dr. Zaius, General Ursus, Caesar, and Dr. Maximus all returned to the fray. The constant revivals eventually drove Mr. B into a screaming frenzy and a series of death threats levied at all of the Ape families.  Which resulted in HIS ban. 

It was a tactic Kaos successfully recycled as other wars raged on in other arenas and the inevitable banishments followed. 

Kaos sometimes wonders whatever happened to that B character.  Just as he wonders whatever became of the sasquatch lover. 

Whatever happened to that addle-headed clown, the fact remains that the Rebel Ackbears have always considered us an inferior product to them.  They truly (deeply) believe they are the bluest of SEC bloods. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 07:51:31 PM »
FWIW, the Ole Miss phenomenon isn't new.  They've thought they were a tier above us for decades. 

The very first message board I got banned from was essentially a green-screen version I ran across in 92 or so.  This was even pre-Netscape Navigator, it was so far back.  It was War Games looking stuff. In the college library on a computer that had a tiny screen - maybe 13"? - and an enormous box that ran it a friend introduced me to a listserv (I think) where football fans were exchanging opinions and the occasional insult. 

Within the first day I encountered an Ole Miss fan who held that opinion. UM was the second-best program in the SEC, trailing only Alabama and possibly Tennessee, but not by much.  Auburn?  Afterthoughts. In the same tier as MSU, Kentucky, slightly above Vandy. He was far from alone, that was considered established fact amongst other UM fans. This UM fan - who's user name began with a 'B' - was merely the most vocal.

For reasons unknown to the genteel entity known as Kaos/Galen, this UM fan developed a particular hatred for him.  Mr. B already hated Auburn (I think his application to attend had been rejected) and he turned all of that vitriol in Kaos' direction. 

Nobody loves a flame war any more than Kaos. Internet sparring is a noble pursuit and Mr. B was quickly unhorsed in the joust.  Apparently our war was not as enjoyable to others and both B and Kaos were removed. 

That wasn't the end.  B made it his particular mission to pursue Kaos/Galen and the war spread across multiple message boards over the years, including some of the most classic battles ever waged on a message board run by the Rebel scum (and criminal) Scott McKinney.  That one ended with the threat of a lawsuit after Mr B's message board icon was photoshopped into the Ezekiel scene from Pulp Fiction, complete with an exploding head at the end.  Gory.  And undoubtably crude in today's deep fake world. But effective.

That led to a Kaos/Galen ban and also unleashed the power of resurrection as Kaos' Ghost, Galen's Ghost, General Aldo, Cornelius, Dr. Zaius, General Ursus, Caesar, and Dr. Maximus all returned to the fray. The constant revivals eventually drove Mr. B into a screaming frenzy and a series of death threats levied at all of the Ape families.  Which resulted in HIS ban. 

It was a tactic Kaos successfully recycled as other wars raged on in other arenas and the inevitable banishments followed. 

Kaos sometimes wonders whatever happened to that B character.  Just as he wonders whatever became of the sasquatch lover. 

Whatever happened to that addle-headed clown, the fact remains that the Rebel Ackbears have always considered us an inferior product to them.  They truly (deeply) believe they are the bluest of SEC bloods.

I need an Advil now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE