Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Long, But I Don't Care

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Long, But I Don't Care
« on: November 20, 2023, 11:53:21 AM »
Just felt the need to write it down.

When Auburn won the Natty in 2010, I didn’t get to go to the game.  We had some family and friends over, grilled, drank and watched the game.  When the kick went through the uprights, we jumped around like 6th graders at a sleepover, high fived, low fived, chest bumped, rubbed wieners (Just the tips) etc.  Then, everyone went home, we cleaned up and went to bed.  Got up the next morning, went to work and got back to the grind.

Saturday night, I drove home from the game, mixed up a brown likker and DCP, watched the second halves of two good football games between Washington/Oregon State and Florida/Missouri.  Then I went to bed.  Got up yesterday, went to church and hung Christmas wreaths all on the outside all afternoon.  Barely thought about the game, until my cousin texts me, raging about Hugh Freeze and him saying, “I don’t know” in his presser immediately after the game.  My only response was, “Take a deep breath.  We’ll be fine.”

I have 100% faith in Freeze, and his ability to turn this program into national power.  If he can’t, guess what?  They’ll go get a another coach.  There are/were plenty of naysayers about Hugh Freeze.  I get it, and eventually they’ll be right.  Somewhere down the line, he won’t be our coach anymore.  It may be 2 years, or 10 years.  The average tenure for a college football coach is 3.7 years, so the odds are, he’ll get us turned around, or he’ll be somewhere else.  The point is, I quit worrying, or letting any of this shit have any effect on my life, or disposition a loooong time ago.  I love it, and follow Auburn football religiously.  It’s a passion, like hunting or fishing or playing certain sports are to some people. That’s all it is, and the sun came up yesterday and I got shit done.

As for the game, and the state of the program.  Are there any excuses for that performance?  Absolutely not.  It was a team clusterfuck from the head coach down to the #3 Tuba player who was out of step on Glory Glory to Ole Auburn.  The long snapper, kicker, and a gutsy effort by Thorne were about the only positives on the day.  If they show up Saturday with that same effort, Bama will yank their collective pants down and go in dry, with no reach around, and only a text the next day asking, “How’s that asshole feel, bitch?” So no, no excuses for what happened Saturday. 

So, where is this program?  Aside from the odd prognosticator saying Auburn “might surprise people”, every expert, analyst and talking head picked us to finish last in the West, with many saying we probably won’t win an SEC game.  We all still held out hope that a complete roster overhaul, and Auburn’s history of performing at her best when picked as the underdog, would yield much better results than predicted.  But those analysts weren’t looking at this team through orange and blue glasses. 

Here’s reality.  This is not a very talented team, overall.  We have some guys who will be playing on Sundays, and making a shit ton of money.  Guys like Revolver Fairweather and 2 or 3 of our defensive backs are really good and will hear their names called on Draft Day. A few others will develop, but right now, there’s not a lot of future NFL talent running around out on that field.  That’s not the case for the team that will roll in to Jordan Hare this Saturday.  I heard a recruiting analyst say earlier this year, that if you simply take the 247 high school recruiting rankings of individual players, this Alabama team is the highest rated team in the history of rating players.  Do NOT take this as an excuse for this past Saturday, but there’s no mistaking that Hugh Freeze inherited a mess.

The last couple of years under Malzahn, and the two under Breland Hatpin, decimated this roster as far as SEC caliber talent goes. Between the recruiting class and the transfers, there was almost a 50% turnover from the roster last year.  That was out of necessity in order to make this program somewhat competitive.  You want reality?  Look at what we’ve been competing with:

4 of our 5 starting offensive linemen transferred in from Group of 5 programs.  The starting center now, is a true freshman.

Our starting tight end, albeit a damn good one, came from Florida Atlantic.

Two of our wide receivers came from Jackson State and North Texas

Our 2nd string RB is 170 pounds from South Florida

One starting defensive end came from Vanderbilt

The other defensive end is a true freshman

Another DE in the rotation came from Liberty

Our outside linebacker came from Appy State

One starting linebacker came from North Texas

One inside lineman came from Purdue

Again, is this an excuse for Saturday?  Nope!  It’s just the state of the program right now.  Another response to my cousin was that the only area that I care about is recruiting, which is the only way up out of this mess.  And this staff is currently killing it.  Hugh Freeze has work to do in all areas, starting with himself, and with his staff, namely his coordinators.  I have to have faith that he recognizes that either Montgomery calling plays was a mistake, or him not running the offense was, or both.  That needs fixing in a fast and sexy way.  Freeze will get this program where it needs and deserves to be.  It was Kirby Smart that said a couple of years ago, you will not compete in this league if you don’t go out and get top shelf talent.  That may be a Captain Obvious statement, but what’s blatantly obvious as well, is Auburn has very little of it, and a long way to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Long, But I Don't Care
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 12:09:44 PM »

When Auburn won the Natty in 2010, I didn’t get to go to the game.  We had some family and friends over, grilled, drank and watched the game.  When the kick went through the uprights, we jumped around like 6th graders at a sleepover, high fived, low fived, chest bumped, rubbed wieners (Just the tips) etc.  Then, everyone went home, we cleaned up and went to bed.  Got up the next morning, went to work and got back to the grind.

Saturday night, I drove home from the game, mixed up a brown likker and DCP, watched the second halves of two good football games between Washington/Oregon State and Florida/Missouri.  Then I went to bed.  Got up yesterday, went to church and hung Christmas wreaths all on the outside all afternoon.  Barely thought about the game, until my cousin texts me, raging about Hugh Freeze and him saying, “I don’t know” in his presser immediately after the game.  My only response was, “Take a deep breath.  We’ll be fine.”

I have 100% faith in Freeze, and his ability to turn this program into national power.  If he can’t, guess what?  They’ll go get a another coach.  There are/were plenty of naysayers about Hugh Freeze.  I get it, and eventually they’ll be right.  Somewhere down the line, he won’t be our coach anymore.  It may be 2 years, or 10 years.  The average tenure for a college football coach is 3.7 years, so the odds are, he’ll get us turned around, or he’ll be somewhere else.  The point is, I quit worrying, or letting any of this shit have any effect on my life, or disposition a loooong time ago.  I love it, and follow Auburn football religiously.  It’s a passion, like hunting or fishing or playing certain sports are to some people. That’s all it is, and the sun came up yesterday and I got shit done.

As for the game, and the state of the program.  Are there any excuses for that performance?  Absolutely not.  It was a team clusterfuck from the head coach down to the #3 Tuba player who was out of step on Glory Glory to Ole Auburn.  The long snapper, kicker, and a gutsy effort by Thorne were about the only positives on the day.  If they show up Saturday with that same effort, Bama will yank their collective pants down and go in dry, with no reach around, and only a text the next day asking, “How’s that asshole feel, bitch?” So no, no excuses for what happened Saturday. 

So, where is this program?  Aside from the odd prognosticator saying Auburn “might surprise people”, every expert, analyst and talking head picked us to finish last in the West, with many saying we probably won’t win an SEC game.  We all still held out hope that a complete roster overhaul, and Auburn’s history of performing at her best when picked as the underdog, would yield much better results than predicted.  But those analysts weren’t looking at this team through orange and blue glasses. 

Here’s reality.  This is not a very talented team, overall.  We have some guys who will be playing on Sundays, and making a shit ton of money.  Guys like Revolver Fairweather and 2 or 3 of our defensive backs are really good and will hear their names called on Draft Day. A few others will develop, but right now, there’s not a lot of future NFL talent running around out on that field.  That’s not the case for the team that will roll in to Jordan Hare this Saturday.  I heard a recruiting analyst say earlier this year, that if you simply take the 247 high school recruiting rankings of individual players, this Alabama team is the highest rated team in the history of rating players.  Do NOT take this as an excuse for this past Saturday, but there’s no mistaking that Hugh Freeze inherited a mess.

The last couple of years under Malzahn, and the two under Breland Hatpin, decimated this roster as far as SEC caliber talent goes. Between the recruiting class and the transfers, there was almost a 50% turnover from the roster last year.  That was out of necessity in order to make this program somewhat competitive.  You want reality?  Look at what we’ve been competing with:

4 of our 5 starting offensive linemen transferred in from Group of 5 programs.  The starting center now, is a true freshman.

Again, is this an excuse for Saturday?  Nope!  It’s just the state of the program right now.  Another response to my cousin was that the only area that I care about is recruiting, which is the only way up out of this mess.  And this staff is currently killing it.  Hugh Freeze has work to do in all areas, starting with himself, and with his staff, namely his coordinators.  I have to have faith that he recognizes that either Montgomery calling plays was a mistake, or him not running the offense was, or both.  That needs fixing in a fast and sexy way.  Freeze will get this program where it needs and deserves to be.  It was Kirby Smart that said a couple of years ago, you will not compete in this league if you don’t go out and get top shelf talent.  That may be a Captain Obvious statement, but what’s blatantly obvious as well, is Auburn has very little of it, and a long way to go. 

Officials from Auburn should press charges against New Mexico State.
What they did at Jordan Hare Saturday is nothing short of criminal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 12:19:30 PM »
Besides it being too long of a post, I can’t find a spot where I disagree too much. Our team got embarrassed. However, it will be a distant memory when we start competing in a more meaningful way.

I still believe in Hugh, and think he is the right fit for Auburn long term. If we don’t start seeing some improvement in a pretty big way next year, that faith will start to waver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 12:29:49 PM »
Freeze was 10-3 in one season at Arky State

At Ole Miss, he was 7-6  8-5  9-4  10-3

At Liberty  8-5  10-1

He's now at a place with the best of facilities, support and financial backing.  He'll get it done.  Just need time to get some Jimmy's and Joe's on the roster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 12:35:39 PM »
Freeze was 10-3 in one season at Arky State

At Ole Miss, he was 7-6  8-5  9-4  10-3

At Liberty  8-5  10-1

He's now at a place with the best of facilities, support and financial backing.  He'll get it done.  Just need time to get some Jimmy's and Joe's on the roster.

Gator’s bitches better be using Jimmy’s.

Yeah. Winning is around the corner. A lot of this past week’s bad faith can be erased by how we respond. Just not going to hold my breath that we can beat the turds, unless they are looking at us like we looked at NMSt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 12:36:33 PM »
Besides it being too long of a post, I can’t find a spot where I disagree too much. Our team got embarrassed. However, it will be a distant memory when we start competing in a more meaningful way.

I still believe in Hugh, and think he is the right fit for Auburn long term. If we don’t start seeing some improvement in a pretty big way next year, that faith will start to waver.
I remember Santa Anna sacking and burning the Alamo and thinking I could forget that too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 01:58:19 PM »

I swear with my hand up that I haven’t made it past the first sentence. And I can’t believe anyone else would waste a half fucking hour on this. It would be akin to listening to Joe Biden discuss thermonuclear genetics or something. Who the fuck cares?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 02:09:31 PM »
I swear with my hand up that I haven’t made it past the first sentence. And I can’t believe anyone else would waste a half fucking hour on this. It would be akin to listening to Joe Biden discuss thermonuclear genetics or something. Who the fuck cares?

Wanna know how I know you're full of it? 

Nobody can read all of that incoherent rambling of feelings & decorating in only a half hour.  You at least need 45 minutes to read it, then another 5 minutes to figure out all the arithmetic to make sense of it all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 02:13:28 PM »
Gonna' fuck some bitches up, New Mexico State style.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 02:16:42 PM »
Wanna know how I know you're full of it? 

Nobody can read all of that incoherent rambling of feelings & decorating in only a half hour.  You at least need 45 minutes to read it, then another 5 minutes to figure out all the arithmetic to make sense of it all.
And I’m not just shitting when I say I haven’t gone past the first sentence. And won’t. Fuck a mallard that’s some War and Peace type dementia spewed all over my phone screen. Somebody needs their ass whooped over putting that much idiocy onto the internet all at once.

That could possibly clog up the T1 lines with that much dumb being forced into the system at once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2023, 02:46:35 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2023, 03:15:25 PM »
Gonna' fuck some bitches up, New Mexico State style.

I just want to know which fucker here has 1.8 million laying around waiting for you to cut them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2023, 03:43:54 PM »
I just want to know which fucker here has 1.8 million laying around waiting for you to cut them.

'Chop ain't been round here in a minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2023, 03:49:30 PM »
Hey big man, lemme hold a dollar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2023, 04:23:56 PM »
Hey big man, lemme hold a dollar.

Just reach out and grab it.  It's right here in front of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2023, 06:52:41 PM »

Well-written. Did your intern do that? Just kidding. Agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2023, 08:30:34 PM »
I’d pay every last red cent if I had it laying around. The opportunity to beat the fuck out of some people is priceless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2023, 08:39:30 AM »
Hear Hear!  Or is it Here Here!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 09:01:25 AM »
I can't be all in on Freeze until he proves himself and that starts with bringing in the Jimmy's and Joe's, not just skill players but offensive and defensive linemen as a foundation on which to build a championship level program.

Bo Nix didn't have much of a future as things were under Malzahn and Harsin.
He's even said that he felt like he had to be Superman which under those conditions (with his talent) is nothing short of being a rented mule. Daniels at LSU at least has some talented receivers around him.

Doesn't make me feel any better about the beatdown New Mexico State just leveled on us but Utah went to Arizona and got embarrassed much the same way. And Utah is what most of us would call a complete team with a bonafide winner at the helm in Kyle Whittingham.
All I can say to that is that it happens.

Coach Dye always said he could tell when his teams just didn't have it on gameday or in practices leading up to a game. And Tommy Tubberville's teams weren't much different when it came to being well prepared for tough road trips. (see Lane Kiffin)

Our winning culture has been sapped from us and the talent that Freeze and this staff can assemble can get us back in the hunt sooner. I think he can do that much because he has good Auburn men around him that will work hard to get it done.

Probably just a wasted effort but it's currently where I am as a lifelong fan.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 09:54:42 AM »
Hear Hear!  Or is it Here Here!?
Is this in support of bitch slapping Snaggle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions