Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kingdom

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Kingdom
« on: November 19, 2023, 12:07:52 AM »
Another Korean show. This one from the 2018-2020 time frame. 

A better name for this series might be

Game of World Walking War Dead Thrones Z.

It's got much of the political intrigue and kingdom building of Game of Thrones.  TIt has all the blood, gore, bashed in heads, stabbing, beating, and brawling of Walking Dead (the early years), and it has the speed and savagery of the swarming zombies from World War Z. 

Taking all those somewhat disparate components and successfully meshing them into a single narrative is no small feat.

The story... A zombie plague breaks out at the same time the king is stricken mysteriously ill.  The crown prince tries to find out what is going on with the king while the queen and a clan of her supporters scheme to steal the throne.  So you've got human enemies plotting your death, hordes of zombies in pursuit. Along the way there's some cannibalism, some creative zombie kills, some torture.

The zombies are great. This is the only show I've ever seen that offers a rational and reasonable explanation for why people become zombies and why the bite is deadly. 

The only drawback is that not being Korean, there were a lot of cultural things I didn't understand (and I wasn't always sure who was who).

It's so much better than American TV. Much better scripted, much better directed, much better at everything. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.