dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Jalen McLeod
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 12:29:46 PM »
Add Keionte Scott as Special Teams Player of the Week:

https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1724109987927199855
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 02:55:33 PM »
This is the most fun Auburn defense since that 2006 Muschamp led defense against the Florida folk.  Lots of NFL players on this roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 03:35:53 PM »
Proud of our boys for their efforts and pleased that they are healthy again.
This season has turned into something to build on which is all any of us wanted. Also relieved that the QB shuffle has concluded. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 03:42:51 PM »
Proud of our boys for their efforts and pleased that they are healthy again.
This season has turned into something to build on which is all any of us wanted. Also relieved that the QB shuffle has concluded.

Me too.  I was apparently wrong in my assumption that it needed to be Ashford and that Thorne was the 2nd coming of Turtle Moseley.  He's playing like a pretty fantastic QB at the moment.  If we cap off the season with an Iron Bowl win?  We will start making waves nationally for the first year of the expanded playoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 03:50:16 PM »
Me too.  I was apparently wrong in my assumption that it needed to be Ashford and that Thorne was the 2nd coming of Turtle Moseley.  He's playing like a pretty fantastic QB at the moment.  If we cap off the season with an Iron Bowl win?  We will start making waves nationally for the first year of the expanded playoff.
I wonder how far into the playoff we will need to make it for Kaos to join the Freeze fan club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 04:00:54 PM »
Me too.  I was apparently wrong in my assumption that it needed to be Ashford and that Thorne was the 2nd coming of Turtle Moseley.  He's playing like a pretty fantastic QB at the moment.

Yeah, I'll own my criticisms.  Kid is playing pretty inspired ball right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 04:05:53 PM »
I wonder how far into the playoff we will need to make it for Kaos to join the Freeze fan club.

That'll never happen.  We just need to get K to tolerate Freeze and continue to love Auburn Football.  Compartmentalize that "ish".  Good things feel like they're coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 07:31:32 AM »
That'll never happen.  We just need to get K to tolerate Freeze and continue to love Auburn Football.  Compartmentalize that "ish".  Good things feel like they're coming.
Most of us know a leopard by his spots but have gradually become conditioned to work around transgressions of the past and sundry character flaws when it comes to mere men in positions of authority.
Some of us old guys have a rolodex of still pictures in our recesses which we can recall at any given time and for Kaos (at least when it comes to Auburn football) his rolodex always lands on the honorable, courageous and gentlemanly Ralph Jordan.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 11:41:04 AM »
I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but this offense, and PT himself, can only be truly successful, when he's given quick, singular options.  Slants, tight end routes, shallow crosses, throws to the backs etc.  I know they were in scramble mode late in the Black Bears game, but that's exactly what they went to, and started moving the ball down the field.

I have no clue if the light suddenly came on for this staff, or if Freeze took more control, or what.  But, that's what they've been doing ever since.  When you add that element to this offense, it opens up so many more options.

Now, that being said, as we saw in the Vandy game, and then against Arkansas, he has a horrible tendency to stair his receiver down, and really telegraph where he's going with the ball.  But, I'll definitely take what's been going on recently , as opposed to that abortion we were running most of the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 12:10:01 PM »
I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but this offense, and PT himself, can only be truly successful, when he's given quick, singular options.  Slants, tight end routes, shallow crosses, throws to the backs etc.  I know they were in scramble mode late in the Black Bears game, but that's exactly what they went to, and started moving the ball down the field.

I have no clue if the light suddenly came on for this staff, or if Freeze took more control, or what.  But, that's what they've been doing ever since.  When you add that element to this offense, it opens up so many more options.

Now, that being said, as we saw in the Vandy game, and then against Arkansas, he has a horrible tendency to stair his receiver down, and really telegraph where he's going with the ball.  But, I'll definitely take what's been going on recently , as opposed to that abortion we were running most of the season.

You could say that again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2023, 12:37:57 PM »
I know I'm sounding like a broken record here,

What’s a record, Boomer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2023, 02:52:09 PM »
What’s a record, Boomer?

Boomer Esiason? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 03:12:46 PM »

I can put my hand up and promise that you do not sound like a broken record to me. But, I  didn’t make it past the second sentence of your post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 03:28:16 PM »
You could say that again.

friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 04:25:26 PM »

Repeat after me.  I will cut a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2023, 04:41:05 PM »
Repeat after me.  I will cut a bitch.

Calm down, Francis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2023, 04:52:37 PM »
Calm down, Francis.

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching me.  Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 09:15:39 AM »
Yeah, I'll own my criticisms.  Kid is playing pretty inspired ball right now.

It's crazy how much a player can do when you take off the handcuffs and get out of his way. Whole psyche is different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2023, 09:17:54 AM »

[/quote

It's a lot simpler than the Jar.....the staff (and it's a fair criticism) was placating Ashford and his mother. Period. When that stopped? The non sense stopped. It lets Thorne get in a groove and they start figuring out what works for him - which is quick, hurry up style patterns. Ashford and his crew can F right off. Hugh and staff should have never even let that paradigm exist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE