Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Onze

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Onze
« on: November 07, 2023, 12:02:15 PM »
I have to admit, this past Saturday was a fun watch.  There were a ton of really competitive and entertaining foosballz contests, starting with Ole Miss and TexASS A&M.  Despite the loss, and getting planted, it’s still my opinion that Jayden Daniels further solidified why he’s the best signal caller in the nation.  He won’t win the Heisman with 3 losses under his belt, but he’d better be in NY at the end of the season.  Overall, a snoozer of a slate this upcoming weekend, but if the games are anything like what we saw Saturday, I’ll be glued to the couch again into the night.

Michigan @ Penn State:  After 9 games, the Fighting Red Dawns are finally playing someone.  But, are they?  Is this going to be another coulda’. shoulda’ woulda’ for James Franklin?  Why would anyone think differently? I see Michigan methodically cruising to a 10 point win.  I would love to see the Maize and Blue, wind up just blue, (See what I did there?) but until Penn State actually wins a game with some meaning attached to it, I ain’t picking them.

Michigan:  24

Penn State: 14

Alabama @ Kentucky:  It’s only Tuesday, and I’m already tired of hearing all the “trap game” talk from Bama.  The Cats suck.  This is not the 92’ Crimpsum Tahd, but they’re good enough to spank the kitties with ease.

Bama:  35

Kentucky:  14

Ole Miss @ FUGA:  Fuck Georgia open as a 10.5 point favorite.  That’s surprising to me, but as Lane Kiffin said several years back, when his F.A. Owls were 50+ dogs to Oklahoma, “they didn’t get to build all those multi-million dollar structures in Vegas by being wrong.”  Still, Ole Miss is 8-1, and I’d normally think an upset is a good possibility.  However, Lane Kiffin is still a dumbass of epic proportions, and even if it is close, we’ll look back and scratch our heads, asking WTF was he thinking?  Anyone see him go up 20-7 against A&M, and…..go for two? Just add that to the list of dumbassery he has on his resume.

FUGA:  38

Ole Miss:  28

Auburn @ Arkansas:  Two in a row, baby.  We bona fide again.  Yeah, okay!  The consensus was that Vanderbilt is bad.  So is Auburn, but we’re still a far lesser level of shitty than the Dores.  That game could have easily wound up 52-14, and the avalanche should have started with a correct call on the botched punt return by Vandy.  But, it didn’t, and that level of shitty was on display the rest of the game, with head scratching play calling, an ass-load of dropped passes, and stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  Still, this is a better team than it was 3-4 weeks ago.  Finally settled on a QB, and some of the play calling actually fits his skill set. 

Arkansas has been in every game during their losing streak.  I’m not putting down the Hogs, but I don’t read much into the win over Gusty Gaytah.  That’s a defeated bunch, and the Swamp was maybe half full.  They probably won’t win another game this season with LSU, Mizzou and FSU still to play.  The thing about all the miscues on Saturday for Auburn, is they are all fixable, starting with catching the damn ball when it hits you in the hands.  And Hugh Montgomery needs to stay with what works, and not inexplicably go into a shell so many times.  I think all that happens, and I’m calling for a most ripping victory here.

Auburn: 31

Arkansas: 24

Feel free to opine, talk amongst yourselves, or generally just shove it up your asses.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Onze
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 12:07:52 PM »
Good Lawd, you are long winded.  Are you a fricking lawyer or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 12:13:28 PM »

I get paid by the word. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 12:17:27 PM »
I.
Only sign stealers in CFB:  28
Kid diddlers: 17

II.
Turds:  38
Horse jockeys:  20

III.
FUGA:  31
Black bears:  27

IV.
Auburn: 30
Pitt's tits: 28
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 01:10:49 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 02:26:40 PM »
You call it corn      31
No, I am not Hootie   28

Head hunters      41
Why are our guards so big?   13

Still no candy      30
Still no juice        24

Holden on             27
Where's Muss?      21
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 05:06:02 PM »

No, but he plays one in commercials. And he cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 05:20:49 PM »
No, but he plays one in commercials. And he cares.

No I don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 05:25:18 PM »
No I don't.

You would if I were to buy you fish tacos, I bet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 05:28:42 PM »

You would if I were to buy you fish tacos, I bet.

Do I get fries with that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 06:36:47 PM »
I have to admit, this past Saturday was a fun watch.  There were a ton of really competitive and entertaining foosballz contests, starting with Ole Miss and TexASS A&M.  Despite the loss, and getting planted, it’s still my opinion that Jayden Daniels further solidified why he’s the best signal caller in the nation.  He won’t win the Heisman with 3 losses under his belt, but he’d better be in NY at the end of the season.  Overall, a snoozer of a slate this upcoming weekend, but if the games are anything like what we saw Saturday, I’ll be glued to the couch again into the night.

Michigan @ Penn State:  After 9 games, the Fighting Red Dawns are finally playing someone.  But, are they?  Is this going to be another coulda’. shoulda’ woulda’ for James Franklin?  Why would anyone think differently? I see Michigan methodically cruising to a 10 point win.  I would love to see the Maize and Blue, wind up just blue, (See what I did there?) but until Penn State actually wins a game with some meaning attached to it, I ain’t picking them.

Alabama @ Kentucky:  It’s only Tuesday, and I’m already tired of hearing all the “trap game” talk from Bama.  The Cats suck.  This is not the 92’ Crimpsum Tahd, but they’re good enough to spank the kitties with ease.

Ole Miss @ FUGA:  Fuck Georgia open as a 10.5 point favorite.  That’s surprising to me, but as Lane Kiffin said several years back, when his F.A. Owls were 50+ dogs to Oklahoma, “they didn’t get to build all those multi-million dollar structures in Vegas by being wrong.”  Still, Ole Miss is 8-1, and I’d normally think an upset is a good possibility.  However, Lane Kiffin is still a dumbass of epic proportions, and even if it is close, we’ll look back and scratch our heads, asking WTF was he thinking?  Anyone see him go up 20-7 against A&M, and…..go for two? Just add that to the list of dumbassery he has on his resume.

Auburn @ Arkansas:  Two in a row, baby.  We bona fide again.  Yeah, okay!  The consensus was that Vanderbilt is bad.  So is Auburn, but we’re still a far lesser level of shitty than the Dores.  That game could have easily wound up 52-14, and the avalanche should have started with a correct call on the botched punt return by Vandy.  But, it didn’t, and that level of shitty was on display the rest of the game, with head scratching play calling, an ass-load of dropped passes, and stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  Still, this is a better team than it was 3-4 weeks ago.  Finally settled on a QB, and some of the play calling actually fits his skill set. 

Arkansas has been in every game during their losing streak.  I’m not putting down the Hogs, but I don’t read much into the win over Gusty Gaytah.  That’s a defeated bunch, and the Swamp was maybe half full.  They probably won’t win another game this season with LSU, Mizzou and FSU still to play.  The thing about all the miscues on Saturday for Auburn, is they are all fixable, starting with catching the damn ball when it hits you in the hands.  And Hugh Montgomery needs to stay with what works, and not inexplicably go into a shell so many times.  I think all that happens, and I’m calling for a most ripping victory here.

Feel free to opine, talk amongst yourselves, or generally just shove it up your asses.       

What's all this?
We have a basketball game going off at 8pm from South Dakota fella.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2023, 08:17:21 AM »
Agree with your picks, Snags. (Not sure Old Myths gets 28 on that D, but it doesn't matter.) I'll add these gems in the fray.

Iowa 10
Rutgers 3
If you thought last week's Iowa-Northwestern game set offense back a few decades, just wait until you see this monstrosity. I think Rutgers is pretty good, but the Iowa defense is fierce especially at home. I figure the white boy rick punt returner won't get flagged this week.

Troy 27
UL Monroe 10
John Sumral will be the final nail in Terry Bowden's coffin run at ULM. Trojans RB Kimani Vidal is second (to the guy from Okay State) in rushing with 1100+ yards and he's worth watching.

Utah 26
Washington 24
I'm calling for it - the chaos upset. Washington's game against USCw last week notwithstanding, they've been riding on the razor's edge for weeks. Utah is playing with house money, is physical, and doesn't care about your Heisman or playoff rankings. The Huskies go down this weekend and with them, the PAC12's last gasp of relevance. Buh bye.

Air Force - 31
Hawaii - 14
After getting punked last week, the Falcons get right against a pesky, but not very good Rainbows squad this week, and get a trip to the islands to boot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 11:02:00 AM »
What's the latest on the Heisman? I saw one list (ESPN, I think) that had the QB from Michigan on it.

Really?

A.J. McCarron is better than that dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 11:07:23 AM »
What's the latest on the Heisman? I saw one list (ESPN, I think) that had the QB from Michigan on it.

Really?

A.J. McCarron is better than that dude.

Nix or Penix right now honestly. I can't really think of anyone BETTER this whole season than Nix other than maybe Penix. I know it's the PAC 12 but still.....if not them, then who? It's not the best top heavy year for the Heisman. There's no Cam, or Zeke Elliott or Tebow out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2023, 11:27:41 AM »
Nix or Penix right now honestly. I can't really think of anyone BETTER this whole season than Nix other than maybe Penix. I know it's the PAC 12 but still.....if not them, then who? It's not the best top heavy year for the Heisman. There's no Cam, or Zeke Elliott or Tebow out there.

Please don't let Bo Nix win that thing. Wish the best for the dude and the nine degrees he's earned by now, but if he wins that we'll never hear the end of it. The clowns at the Ole Miss board are cheering for it just to rub it in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2023, 11:47:25 AM »
Please don't let Bo Nix win that thing. Wish the best for the dude and the nine degrees he's earned by now, but if he wins that we'll never hear the end of it. The clowns at the Ole Miss board are cheering for it just to rub it in.

Who truly deserves it this year? I think it would be more of a slight to Harsin than anyone if he did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 12:25:07 PM »
Michael Penix against 2 Top 20 teams

Passing:  225/324  3,201 yds  69% (14.2 per pass) 26 TD  7 INT 84 QBR

Rushing:  -13 yards and 1 TD

Bo Nix against 3 Top 20 teams

Passing:  235/301  2,723 yds  78% (11.5 per pass) 25 TD 2 INT  85.6 QBR

Rushing:  37 rushes for 116 yards and 5 TD

Jayden Daniels against 4 Top 20 teams

Passing:  178/247  2,792 yds  72% (15.7 per pass)  27 TD  4 INT  93.1 QBR

Rushing:  102 rushes for 684 yards and 6 TD

Obviously, the 3 losses are the determining factor in Daniels rarely being mentioned as a Heisman contender.  If you watch much of the Ducks this year, you see that much of Nix' success stems from the system.  Tons of short, quick throws. To his credit, he does it quite well. Penix pretty much is Washington's offense, as they're way down toward the bottom in rushing stats at 126 yards per game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 12:56:38 PM »
Who truly deserves it this year?

Like Keith Sweat sang "Nobody"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2023, 01:11:29 PM »
Like Keith Sweat sang "Nobody"

Thought that was Sylvia. Love some late 70's/early 80's Country cheese.

On Penix/Daniels/Bo - one could also argue that Penix has the least amount of talent around him - on paper anyway. LSU has a wealth of talent because they always recruit so well. Oregon is somewhere in the middle. Does any of that matter? I dunno. They are all really good actually. I would not care if any of the 3 won it. But yeah, Daniels having the 3 losses, especially the big one last weekend, is going to be held against him. His numbers against Bama were a little pedestrian, as compared to what Ewers did to them in Sept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023, 02:28:37 PM »
Just because I continue to hear Meat Chicken QB, JJ McCarthy's name mentioned as a top candidate...

JJ McCarthy against ZERO teams ranked in the Top 25

Passing:  156/206  2,134 yds (10.4 per pass) 75%  18 TD's and 3 INT's  92.3 QBR

Rushing:  37 rushes for 137 yards and 3 TD's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2023, 02:33:26 PM »
Just because I continue to hear Meat Chicken QB, JJ McCarthy's name mentioned as a top candidate...

JJ McCarthy against ZERO teams ranked in the Top 25

Passing:  156/206  2,134 yds (10.4 per pass) 75%  18 TD's and 3 INT's  92.3 QBR

Rushing:  37 rushes for 137 yards and 3 TD's.

He will find out soon enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE