Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Standard Time Thoughts

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Standard Time Thoughts
« on: November 05, 2023, 10:42:09 AM »
Time  Change - 'Splain to me again why we are still doing this? It's not for the farmers. It never was. Dumb practice yet we persist.

Speaking of persisting - Alabama defenders not getting called for assault to the head in a home game. Feel like you are in the hot tub time machine? You are. They will get got in Atlanta but until then, prepare thy anus for Bama up the wazzu.

Georgia is gonna win the thing and it'll be good bar trivia in 5 years when no one remembers who won the title in the last of the four-team playoff schmoz.

Big Ten teams should not be trusted, but you can bank on them all being overrated. Michigan won't play a good team until the end of the year. Penn State is not it. Ohio State is soft but gets away with it. Rest of the league is a pile of meh.

PAC12 is silly. Bo Nix is playing good football, but don't buy the stiff-arm hype. Ain't happening. Same for Slappy McDucknuts from Seattle. UScene our defense is a joke and Lincoln is more like a Ford Pinto.

Auburn. This week is super important and I realize Arkansas's record is :pee:. Going to Fayetteville in November is something no one wants to do, even the people who live there. Get out of there with a win, take care of bidness against the mighty Aggies of New Methico State, and stuff gets funner. Alabama will definitely care because they will have a lot to play for (because the media wants it soooooooo badly). Could Huge Freed shock the Tahd? Could Peyton Thorne survive the multiple shots to the dome he will receive? Can Jarquez blow his load through the 'Bama defensive backfield? The Ironless Bowl becomes interiguing.

These are my thoughts. Feel free to add yours. Or post seggy gifs.  :popcorn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Re: Standard Time Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »
I am disgusted by the whole time change practice.  It really sucks for the state of Alabama which should either be on Eastern time or full time Daylight Savings. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 01:18:12 PM »
Going to Fayetteville in November is something no one wants to do, even the people who live there.

Agree that this game is going to be tough now that KJ is back to running more of a zone-read option and battering the shit out of people.

Disagree about not wanting to go.  It's my favorite SEC road trip.  Beautiful part of the country when the foliage is aflame and they have great fans.

I hate I'm missing the trip this year, but I've been on the road the past 3 weekends and I need some couch time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 03:29:42 PM »
Agree that this game is going to be tough now that KJ is back to running more of a zone-read option and battering the shit out of people.

Disagree about not wanting to go.  It's my favorite SEC road trip.  Beautiful part of the country when the foliage is aflame and they have great fans.

I hate I'm missing the trip this year, but I've been on the road the past 3 weekends and I need some couch time.
Rocky Top has a gorgeous change in foliage and yet I don't long to spend any time there. But I agree, there's just no comparing Fayetteville for the colors and pagentry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 09:44:22 AM »
Scenery aside, I was talking about the weather (usually cold, rainy, or worse) this time of year, the fact that the Hogs are playing with house money at this point, and Auburn is seriously vulnerable in several spots. It's going to be a tough road all around. Getting out of that healthy would be great, W or L.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 05:52:40 AM »
Scenery aside, I was talking about the weather (usually cold, rainy, or worse) this time of year, the fact that the Hogs are playing with house money at this point, and Auburn is seriously vulnerable in several spots. It's going to be a tough road all around. Getting out of that healthy would be great, W or L.
Yeah the extended forecast for Fayetteville at least as of today was a high of 63 with little if no precip.
Seems the Hogs have chosen to use Jefferson's size to hammer defenses and agree it would be nice to survive it with only bumps and bruises.

If anyone paid attention to LSU in the second half their secondary was left to absorb the broken will of the front seven to where Milroe had his way on the ground.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 10:27:26 AM »
DST sux!

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 10:29:21 AM »
DST sux!

That is all.

Turbo charged Hoover
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions