Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pop a Top

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Pop a Top
« on: November 02, 2023, 06:39:11 AM »
Auburn to publicly sell alcohol at athletics events for the first time in school history

Auburn will begin publicly selling alcohol at athletics events for the first time in school history at the men’s basketball team’s exhibition Wednesday against Auburn-Montgomery.

Auburn is the final SEC school to offer alcohol sales at athletic events.

There are seven concession stands at Neville Arena that will have food and alcohol sales, including multiple grab-and-go refrigerator stations.

The school is selling regular domestic and import beers, four craft beers, seltzers and canned wine.

For now, Auburn will be limiting alcohol sales to just Neville Arena. Auburn officials plan to rolling out alcohol sales at Jordan-Hare Stadium in future seasons.

Auburn released a statement to AL.com on the new concession stands:
“After extensive research and discussion, Auburn Athletics made the decision to begin public alcohol sales at Neville Arena for the 2023-24 athletic season which will be followed by gradual roll outs at other athletic venues throughout the year ahead. Currently, 84 percent of all power five schools have public offerings at their venues and Auburn is the last Southeastern Conference institution to implement public sales. Multiple studies show selling alcohol in athletic venues decreases binge drinking and creates a culture with fewer alcohol-related offenses on game day.

by Matt Cohen

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2023/11/auburn-to-publicly-sell-alcohol-at-athletics-events-for-the-first-time-in-school-history.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 06:41:08 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Pop a Top
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 08:30:00 AM »
Not sure I agree with that last statement, but Huzzah!
People will still pre-game because they don't want to binge on $15 beers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:22:44 AM »
its always been there, always will be.....it'll just be legal now and Auburn will make hella money from it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 10:29:58 AM »
Not sure I agree with that last statement, but Huzzah!

Not picking on you, Buzzy, cuz your my guy....but...I've seen this sentiment writ large across just about every topic.

In this case, the studies have been around a while.  They've been tested and re-tested.  Sorry you don't "think" it might work...but you're just wrong.  Is it a panacea?  No.  Will there always still be knuckleheads?  Yes.

On the whole, however, this is a harm-reduction strategy that works.

Fucking Dunning-Kruger-Trumpism is as bad as McD's employees who don't know if AL is a state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 11:21:00 AM »
Not picking on you, Buzzy, cuz your my guy....but...I've seen this sentiment writ large across just about every topic.

In this case, the studies have been around a while.  They've been tested and re-tested.  Sorry you don't "think" it might work...but you're just wrong.  Is it a panacea?  No.  Will there always still be knuckleheads?  Yes.

Fucking Dunning-Kruger-Trumpism is as bad as McD's employees who don't know if AL is a state.
Come at me bro!
I know cheap asses like myself will still drink before going in the same as they would have before.  I will give in that yeah, it may reduce the numbers some, but meh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 11:44:36 AM »
I'm good with it, and don't think it will be an issue either way.  Despite some of the changes they claim to have made in JHS to make things more efficient, you don't do anything quick in that stadium.  If you want to down more than a couple of brewskies, you're going to spend the entire game going to the concessions, standing in line, and getting back to your seat. Just stuff a bottle of brown likker down in your dick.  Lord knows, I've got plenty of room down there to carry some in.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 12:06:54 PM »
And in other news, sales of flasks from Auburn Hardware down -325%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 01:28:43 PM »
And in other news, sales of flasks from Auburn Hardware down -325%.

Why dem Barns hate the little man, Pawwwwwllll! They so corporate! Whatchu thank?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 04:33:02 PM »

Got Dammmmed Wes.....we agree here. Stop the fukin presses and lets rub one out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2023, 11:25:52 AM »
Got Dammmmed Wes.....we agree here. Stop the fukin presses and lets rub one out.

Double Dutch-Rudder, baby!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.