Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First Playoff Ranking

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
First Playoff Ranking
« on: November 01, 2023, 10:09:40 AM »
Not that it really matters at this point, because the rest of the season will make it all shake out. As much as I loathe FUGA, I was surprised to see them anywhere but the top spot.  I'm of the opinion that until the champion loses, you gotta' keep em' #1.  However, if you take this season on its own merits, which you should, it makes sense.  THE Ohio State University is the only team with wins over two top 15 programs, while FUGA's opponents this year have some ridiculous overall record of something like 23-37.  I posted Meat Chicken's schedule to date yesterday.  Talk about pathetic.  Anyway...

1. tOSU

2. Fuck Georgia

3. Meechegan

4. Florida State

5. Washington

6. Oregon

7. Texas

8. Alabama

So, the Buckeyes and Wolverines will take care of each other.  Washington and Oregon will most likely play again.  Same with FUGA and Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: First Playoff Ranking
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 12:20:26 PM »
Not that it really matters at this point, because the rest of the season will make it all shake out. As much as I loathe FUGA, I was surprised to see them anywhere but the top spot.  I'm of the opinion that until the champion loses, you gotta' keep em' #1.  However, if you take this season on its own merits, which you should, it makes sense.  THE Ohio State University is the only team with wins over two top 15 programs, while FUGA's opponents this year have some ridiculous overall record of something like 23-37.  I posted Meat Chicken's schedule to date yesterday.  Talk about pathetic.  Anyway...

1. tOSU

2. Fuck Georgia

3. Meechegan

4. Florida State

5. Washington

6. Oregon

7. Texas

8. Alabama

So, the Buckeyes and Wolverines will take care of each other.  Washington and Oregon will most likely play again.  Same with FUGA and Bama.

quick...how many ranked or quality wins does UGA have? Shouldn't take you long.

tOSU has beaten 2 ranked teams - one on the road, and a solid Wisconsin squad. They get the nod.

UGA will get their chance to get quality wins over the next 4 weeks though.

On Michgan/OSU and Ore/Wash - if the former is UGLY/Blowout and the latter winner is Washington close, or Oregon outright.....that is going to be quite a decision for the committee. If that is what's fighting for the last spot. A 1 loss Mich, or a 1 loss OSU, 1 loss Oregon. If Wash loses of course they are out most likely. If you're gonna lose, lose early.

FSU still has the solid quality win over LSU.

I personally think Oregon is the 4th team that should be in, but Michigan and Wash get dibs over them on paper just by virtue of being undefeated P5 teams and Wash winning the first head to head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE