Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Goodbye Mr. King and SCREW YOU

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Goodbye Mr. King and SCREW YOU
« on: October 22, 2023, 10:29:00 AM »
Holly: Stephen King
Well documented here.  I've always loved Stephen King's writing. Has a way with words that I have admired since I first read Salem's Lot. That book got in my head. 

Funny aside: I was reading that book once and fell asleep. Slept funny on my arm and it went to sleep. I rolled over, the dead arm flopped and my unfeeling hand landed across my throat. Woke up with a start, pushed it off, and it fell right back on there.  I nearly crapped myself.

Lately, though? King's strident, abusive (and completely, utterly, ignorantly wrong) political/social opinions have colored everything. Yes he's creative. Sadly he's extremely perverted (something I should have seen from even his earliest writings) and a moronic, vax-loving, Trump-hating ass clown. 

If he could only keep that out of his writing. Back when he was good, the political was rarely a part of it. Now, it permeates everything.

I started his new book Holly this weekend. For the first time in my life, I will not finish a King book. 30 pages in and over half of it has so far been promoting masks, praising vaccines, bashing Trump, lauding Biden. He's made it his purpose to denigrate anyone who doesn't blindly accept the Covid narrative, who doesn't put on a face diaper like a stupid sheep, who doesn't take multiple "vaccinations."   He's promoted the provable lie that the third (or fourth or fifth) booster "makes symptoms less severe."   He's killed a character by having them die of Covid because they supported Trump.  He pimped the utter horse manure of the January 6 "insurrection."  He's embraced the also-provable lie that the hospitals were full and patients died of Delta while lying in hallways.

I can't read any more of this.  I won't read any more of this. Screw you, Steve.

I choose Stephen King books to be transported to a different world, one where strange and twisted horror resides. I don't read them to be battered over the head with his ignorant political positions. 

It's infuriating.  The Stand, Salem's Lot, Cujo, Carrie, Christine.... Some of the best horror fiction I've ever read.  It's a shame this asshole completely lost his mind. 

I tried to be patient, hoping he'd come around and leave this moronic posturing behind, but this idiot has dug in. He's become the poster boy for Trump Derangement Syndrome. He's slid into a position as ignorant and stupid as any of the airheaded twats on The View.

For that reason? I'm done. I hate it had to come to this. Makes me sad in a way, but I'm tired of the stupidity from the sheeple.   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 09:26:38 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Goodbye Mr. King and SCREW YOU
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 09:28:15 AM »
Further cementing his idiocy, King responded to the mass shooting in Maine before anybody really knows what happened and while the gunman is still at large.  His response is a call for gun control and the demonstrably false statement that "this never happens in other countries." 

Dead to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 12:04:15 PM »
The difference with me is that I can like the work and not give a fuck about what the person that created it thinks about who I should vote for.

I really like Jason Isbell’s music, for instance, but I do not care about what an alcoholic guitar picker thinks about politics. I’ve  known a lot of alcoholic guitar pickers. And some are pretty smart but I won’t generally be taking any advice from them outside of guitar picking.

There is nothing that separates these guys from Jimmy Joe that we’ve known for 40 years but the degree of fame that they have achieved. Why should this mean that they get to tell me who to vote for?

Fuck them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 09:45:43 PM »
The difference with me is that I can like the work and not give a fuck about what the person that created it thinks about who I should vote for.

I really like Jason Isbell’s music, for instance, but I do not care about what an alcoholic guitar picker thinks about politics. I’ve  known a lot of alcoholic guitar pickers. And some are pretty smart but I won’t generally be taking any advice from them outside of guitar picking.

There is nothing that separates these guys from Jimmy Joe that we’ve known for 40 years but the degree of fame that they have achieved. Why should this mean that they get to tell me who to vote for?

Fuck them.

I’ve been separating it since 2016.

He’s no longer separating it.  When his book exists only so a character he’s created - one that had little to no political position in prior - can be used as a platform to spread his own fringe paranoid delusions and lies while denigrating anyone who thinks differently? 

He’s lost his mind, his way, and hia audience. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions