Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Roger, Roger...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Roger, Roger...
« on: October 11, 2023, 06:06:04 PM »
Long-time Alabama politician Roger Bedford died at 67. 

I knew him from many, many years ago.  Had something I could hold over his head.  Early in his political career I found him in a place he had no business being.  I called in that chit mafia-level a time or two. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Roger, Roger...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 12:40:50 AM »
Long-time Alabama politician Roger Bedford died at 67. 

I knew him from many, many years ago.  Had something I could hold over his head.  Early in his political career I found him in a place he had no business being.  I called in that chit mafia-level a time or two.

Hmm. Never heard of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 09:36:51 AM »
When I first met Roger he was a rising star. I met him at the state Democratic convention in the 80s or early 90s. I wasn’t even drinking age.

He was like Alabama’s own Slick Willie. He was a very charismatic guy. And I don’t mean that in a gay kind of way.

I quit keeping track of his career but my BiL who was the dem, told me that he was on the fast track. Usually, that means that hookers and coke are involved with a crashing end.

A really likable guy. I’m sorry to hear that k blackmailed him. I can’t believe he was already 67. I see people all around me getting very old. Some, even decrepit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 01:24:38 PM »

I quit keeping track of his career but my BiL who was the dem, told me that he was on the fast track. Usually, that means that hookers and coke are involved with a crashing end.

A really likable guy. I’m sorry to hear that k blackmailed him. I can’t believe he was already 67. I see people all around me getting very old. Some, even decrepit.

I won't besmirch his memory by telling what I know.  But it wasn't blackmail.  It was more, "oh, you remember that time when you stole that cow, and your friends tried to make it with that cow...?" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 03:06:52 PM »
I won't besmirch his memory by telling what I know.  But it wasn't blackmail.  It was more, "oh, you remember that time when you stole that cow, and your friends tried to make it with that cow...?"
I wanna party with you, cowboy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.