Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Did Not Know…

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I Did Not Know…
« on: October 05, 2023, 08:32:14 PM »
That before Bon Scott was front man for AC/DC, he was a back up vocalist with The Valentines.  Why do you build me up, (Bon:Build me up) Buttercup (Bon: Buttercup) just to let me down…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: I Did Not Know…
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 09:19:59 AM »
Whoa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 10:04:14 AM »
Pretty sure that was a lesser known cover of the Foundations. Nonetheless, crazy that Bon Scott did that type of doo-wap sugar pop once upon a time.

Not as drastic but also cool that Kenny Rogers and Ted Nugent both also did 60's SoCal style Psychedelic Rock before they got into their main line of music.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 11:20:11 AM »
Pretty sure that was a lesser known cover of the Foundations. Nonetheless, crazy that Bon Scott did that type of doo-wap sugar pop once upon a time.

Not as drastic but also cool that Kenny Rogers and Ted Nugent both also did 60's SoCal style Psychedelic Rock before they got into their main line of music.
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in. You are too young for that, Sonny. You arent a member of AAA or the old folks discount club (snags/k/cte/jmars) kind of old, so you must’ve gone through the folks 8 tracks!

Actually some pretty cool stuff in many of these artists careers from before they made it in a different direction.

As an example, most people only know Buffet from the beach. I know that you know that was where he wound up. It was a billion dollar decision, roughly. But he was once just another voice in a crowded room. Wrote songs with his buddies Prine, Goodman, Jerry Jeff, Keith Sykes, etc. and Key West was where he discovered his following. Or, it discovered him.

He used to write under pseudonyms and I love some of the before the beach stuff as much as any of the trop rock type. I don’t really consider him trop rock. Some, sure but I like all kinds. Except the gays and blacks, of course. Other than that, I mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 11:21:16 AM »
Love running across stuff like that.  There needs to be a, "Did You Know...." or "Before They Were Stars" thread.

Someone get on that.  Make it fast, and sexy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 12:00:09 PM »
He used to write under pseudonyms and I love some of the before the beach stuff as much as any of the trop rock type. I don’t really consider him trop rock. Some, sure but I like all kinds. Except the gays and blacks, of course. Other than that, I mean.

Gulf and Western
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 01:00:22 PM »
Love running across stuff like that.  There needs to be a, "Did You Know...." or "Before They Were Stars" thread.

Someone get on that.  Make it fast, and sexy.
Did you know that before k became a www.tigersx.com phenom, that he had his on only fans channel?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 03:07:18 PM »
Did you know that before k became a www.tigersx.com phenom, that he had his on only fans channel?

Do you think you are funny?

Everyone knows that K was unjustly convicted of three murders in Kansas City in the late 70’s and served over 40 years in prison before being released. It is rumored that the lawyer that aided in his exoneration was The Notorious W.E.S.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:16:51 PM by War Damn Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 03:57:35 PM »

Everyone knows that K was unjustly convicted of three murders in Kansas City in the late 70’s and served over 40 years in prison before being released. It is rumored that the lawyer that aided in his exoneration was The Notorious W.E.S.

I'm not that kind of lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 03:58:34 PM »
I'm not that kind of lawyer.

A good one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2023, 05:24:14 PM »
A good one?

Exactly.

I'm fucking brilliant.  I avoid criminal and family law.  That shit follows you home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 11:43:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 03:10:46 PM »

that’s nothing. I got charged with sodomy in Dothan one time and Snags got the charges reduced to tailgating.

Back at that point, he would have beat the fuck out of Wes. I’m telling you, most people would not have known that he was so dumb. He was actually good at his job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 10:02:25 AM »
I did not know....that Joan Jett did not sing, "Saw him standing there by the record machine."  It's dancing.

I also did not know, that bellowing out those lyrics, regardless of whether he was standing or dancing by that record machine, might make me gay.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 10:57:59 AM »
I did not know....that Joan Jett did not sing, "Saw him standing there by the record machine."  It's dancing.

I also did not know, that bellowing out those lyrics, regardless of whether he was standing or dancing by that record machine, might make me gay.

No, but the fact he was about 17 will precipitate a visit from Chris Hansen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
War Damn Six,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 09:36:37 AM »
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in. You are too young for that, Sonny. You arent a member of AAA or the old folks discount club (snags/k/cte/jmars) kind of old, so you must’ve gone through the folks 8 tracks!

Actually some pretty cool stuff in many of these artists careers from before they made it in a different direction.

As an example, most people only know Buffet from the beach. I know that you know that was where he wound up. It was a billion dollar decision, roughly. But he was once just another voice in a crowded room. Wrote songs with his buddies Prine, Goodman, Jerry Jeff, Keith Sykes, etc. and Key West was where he discovered his following. Or, it discovered him.

Will be 65 Saturday. Actually gave Jim the inspiration for the song "Margaritaville."  It was me and some buddies with no vacancy signs for many miles until we happened upon the Georgia Inn, blinking Jesus Saves underscoring it.

Note: Instead of "stepped on a poptop"  it was supposed to be stepped on a hot honey bun, rinsed it off in the kitchen sink after I borrowed pliers from the clerk.
And that was just the first few lines.
Suffice to say, he wasn't a fan of my writing and made all kinds of unnecessary changes to an otherwise masterpiece.
Just thought I would pass that on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »
Will be 65 Saturday. Actually gave Jim the inspiration for the song "Margaritaville."  It was me and some buddies with no vacancy signs for many miles until we happened upon the Georgia Inn, blinking Jesus Saves underscoring it.

Note: Instead of "stepped on a poptop"  it was supposed to be stepped on a hot honey bun, rinsed it off in the kitchen sink after I borrowed pliers from the clerk.
And that was just the first few lines.
Suffice to say, he wasn't a fan of my writing and made all kinds of unnecessary changes to an otherwise masterpiece.
Just thought I would pass that on.
And now we know the Paul Harvey.

Thank you for sharing such an intimate moment in time. I know it must not be easy, especially if you didn’t receive any royalties from Margaritaville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2023, 01:32:27 PM »
To the point.

I know many "did you know" KISS facts.  One that always gets me...

Did you know Paul Stanley was the voice of Folger's coffee for a while?

At one point they filmed a (really odd) commercial with him wandering around with his coffee while some trapeze artist swing around but it never aired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »
I DID NOT KNOW HALLOWEEN VERSION

1. Did you know there was a sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?  Released in 1981, Shock Treatment was written by Richard O'Brien (Riff Raff) and Jim Sharman who were responsible for Rocky Horror. Most of the original cast (including Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Bostwick) declined to participate. The film, not surprisingly, bombed and has all but disappeared. In recent years it's gained some renown for predicting the rise of tv voyeurism in the form of reality shows.

2.  Did you know Bill Moseley was a graduate of Yale?

Who's Bill Moseley?  A Rob Zombie favorite and one of the grungy leads in Devil's Rejects (which remains a dirt-caked favorite).

Yep.  That guy.

Before he took on the role of Otis in House of 1000 corpses (which led to Devil's Rejects), he worked for National Lampoon. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2023, 12:48:22 PM »
I DID NOT KNOW HALLOWEEN VERSION

1. Did you know there was a sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?  Released in 1981, Shock Treatment was written by Richard O'Brien (Riff Raff) and Jim Sharman who were responsible for Rocky Horror. Most of the original cast (including Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, and Barry Bostwick) declined to participate. The film, not surprisingly, bombed and has all but disappeared. In recent years it's gained some renown for predicting the rise of tv voyeurism in the form of reality shows.

2.  Did you know Bill Moseley was a graduate of Yale?

Who's Bill Moseley?  A Rob Zombie favorite and one of the grungy leads in Devil's Rejects (which remains a dirt-caked favorite).

Yep.  That guy.

Before he took on the role of Otis in House of 1000 corpses (which led to Devil's Rejects), he worked for National Lampoon.

Before he was Dwight, he was “Fishboy”!

He played the role of Otis well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.