Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This Can Help Us

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
This Can Help Us
« on: October 05, 2023, 11:56:21 AM »
NCAA repeals the Nutt rule and allows unlimited players in signing classes.  You must still be at or below 85 scholarship players when you start fall practice.

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-officially-limits-initial-counter-rules-unlimited-signing-classes-now-available-deion-sanders
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: This Can Help Us
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 12:10:07 PM »
NCAA repeals the Nutt rule and allows unlimited players in signing classes.  You must still be at or below 85 scholarship players when you start fall practice.

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-officially-limits-initial-counter-rules-unlimited-signing-classes-now-available-deion-sanders

I like it.  Honestly, I don't get the need for limiting it to 85 total players on scholarship.  I think it may have stemmed from the lack of parity in the sport, when teams like Alabama, Michigan, USC etc. were signing extra players, just so their rival wouldn't.  Back in the 70's, teams used to run 100+ players out of the tunnel on Saturdays.  Actually, a pretty awesome and intimidating sight to see. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 01:05:24 PM »
I think the limit has something to do with Title IX.  I could be wrong.  I have been before. Like my opinion on Deadwood.   I am thinking I may have to give it another try so I can redeem myself in Weskie’s eyes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 02:09:55 PM »
I think the limit has something to do with Title IX. I could be wrong.  I have been before. Like my opinion on Deadwood.   I am thinking I may have to give it another try so I can redeem myself in Weskie’s eyes.

Much more logical than my parity theory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 03:44:11 PM »
I like it.  Honestly, I don't get the need for limiting it to 85 total players on scholarship.  I think it may have stemmed from the lack of parity in the sport, when teams like Alabama, Michigan, USC etc. were signing extra players, just so their rival wouldn't.  Back in the 70's, teams used to run 100+ players out of the tunnel on Saturdays.  Actually, a pretty awesome and intimidating sight to see.

Like Bahr and his teams of 197 players, many of them just to keep from going to the Barn? Yeppp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2023, 04:04:21 PM »
Like Bahr and his teams of 197 players, many of them just to keep from going to the Barn? Yeppp.

Ed Zachary
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 08:19:10 AM »
I like the idea of loading up with athletes period, where
some of these two sport kids get kicked over to the baseball or basketball side.
What's the name if that 3rd string tight end that does the weight control commercials?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 11:24:13 AM »
I like the idea of loading up with athletes period, where
some of these two sport kids get kicked over to the baseball or basketball side.
What's the name if that 3rd string tight end that does the weight control commercials?
CTE is doing weight control commercials? I don’t think he made it up to 3rd string. His jersey never had a number on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 02:22:49 PM »
So, what's to stop them from doing that again, then culling the roster down after spring practice?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 06:20:20 AM »
Explain how this is a good thing?

As alluded to before, the lack of a cap was the specific reason Bahr Brunt was able to establish a stranglehold over the SEC. 

It’s the reason Bammer, Ohio state, Notre Dame, USC, OU and a few others were the ONLY teams that ever had a shot at wining it all. 

It’s the opposite of parity. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 02:30:29 PM »
Explain how this is a good thing?

As alluded to before, the lack of a cap was the specific reason Bahr Brunt was able to establish a stranglehold over the SEC. 

It’s the reason Bammer, Ohio state, Notre Dame, USC, OU and a few others were the ONLY teams that ever had a shot at wining it all. 

It’s the opposite of parity.

This doesn’t allow you to KEEP more than 85 on scholarship. You are just allowed to sign more than 85.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2023, 03:19:52 PM »
This doesn’t allow you to KEEP more than 85 on scholarship. You are just allowed to sign more than 85.

Well that’s stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2023, 04:15:28 PM »
I ask again...what's to stop them or any team with a lot of NIL money from signing 40 in December, then having 15-20 of them "cut" in the transfer portal after they don't crack the 2 deep after spring?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2023, 08:16:42 PM »
Because now everyone can pay.  This is a positive move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2023, 08:22:41 PM »
Because now everyone can pay.  This is a positive move.

But not everyone can. No way you can tell me Mississippi State pays what Southern Cal does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 08:03:18 AM »
Cocaine and hookers can work wonders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 09:09:34 AM »
But not everyone can. No way you can tell me Mississippi State pays what Southern Cal does.

But everyone can offer something.  This isn't a panacea, but it's far better than it used to be. 

I think this move of not limiting signing classes can help us specifically, in our very specific (roster decimated) case. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions