Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Monday Musings Post UGA

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Monday Musings Post UGA
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2023, 09:32:11 AM »
I find it amusing that for the first time in a long time, neither Auburn nor Alabama has an offensive line that full functions. Both also have issues with the center snapping the ball other places besides the QBs hands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2023, 10:33:07 AM »
Just a few observational tidbits:

As mentioned earlier, the snaps back to the QB were all over the place.  Really threw the timing off on 4-5 plays, and killed momentum on at least one drive.

Not that the QB's had a ton of time, but they had a buttload more than at A&M.  Thought they played well, and could bode well for the rest of the season.

The whole key to the game for me, was our total inability to put any semblance of pressure on Beck on any of the numerous 3rd and long situations.  He had all day, and picked us apart when they needed it most.

The off week comes at a much needed time.  This team is beat the hell up, and could use a break to get some guys healed up.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2023, 10:48:16 AM »
More general musings.

I had a pre-dick-shun of USC 45-42 over the Buffs.  Turned out 48-41.  Two putrid defenses.  I had UK 24-12 over Gusty Gaytah. It was 33-14.  Whiffed on Arkansas and A&M, and sure didn't see the track meet between OM and LSU.  I picked the Bengal Kitties, because Lane has choked on a large Somalian cock every time he gets in a big game.  I still heard people ripping him for continuing to go for it on 4th in the dumbest of situations.

I was railing against the 16.5 that Texas was giving Kansas.  Turned out the Las Vegas boys knew a little something I didn't. Not that they don't always know.  Kansas' stud QB was ruled out.  He's everything to that team.

On FUGA:  The difference I saw in this year's club, and last few years, is D.  Their offense has never been anything special.  They scored a lot because their D shut everybody down, and gave them the ball over and over. This is a decent defense, but not in the same stratoshpere as recent teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2023, 12:03:05 PM »
On FUGA:  The difference I saw in this year's club, and last few years, is D.  Their offense has never been anything special.  They scored a lot because their D shut everybody down, and gave them the ball over and over. This is a decent defense, but not in the same stratoshpere as recent teams.

They do not have any fire to them. They look bored. They play bored. They still win. Ho hum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2023, 12:32:53 PM »
They do not have any fire to them. They look bored. They play bored. They still win. Ho hum.

Which is annoying because we could have beat that ass. 

The receivers were most of the difference between our L and a potential narrative-altering W.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2023, 01:52:14 PM »
Just a few observational tidbits:

As mentioned earlier, the snaps back to the QB were all over the place.  Really threw the timing off on 4-5 plays, and killed momentum on at least one drive.

Down on the goal line when we were stopped on fourth down, everyone kept complaining that we kept running it up the middle. Those were RPOs. PT should have pulled it and ran on 3rd. On fourth he had no choice but to hand it off as he had to jump for the snap. So no RPO possible at that point.

I know some of you don’t think the option is vital this season, but I’m here to tell you, it will be the difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2023, 01:58:52 PM »

I know some of you don’t think the option is vital this season, but I’m here to tell you, it will be the difference.

I'm all for it.  But give me the guy with better speed if we're doing that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2023, 02:16:30 PM »
Which is annoying because we could have beat that ass. 

The receivers were most of the difference between our L and a potential narrative-altering W.

Had them on the mat and let them up at 2 every time. Eventually, Ric Flair is gonna slap on the small package or the backslide. Then, it's over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2023, 03:22:03 PM »
Had them on the mat and let them up at 2 every time. Eventually, Ric Flair is gonna slap on the small package or the backslide. Then, it's over.

Amateur!  The nut shot, while the ref is distracted, always preceded the finishing move.

WOOOOOOOO.........!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2023, 03:28:04 PM »
Amateur!  The nut shot, while the ref is distracted, always preceded the finishing move.

WOOOOOOOO.........!

You forgot his trademark flip-reversal of the irish whip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »
You forgot his trademark flip-reversal of the irish whip.

That's what I would do to his daughter, Charlotte.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2023, 11:07:37 PM »
I'm all for it.  But give me the guy with better speed if we're doing that.

What good is that speed if they know he won’t/can’t throw?
He won’t be successful a whole game. That is why the option works for PT.
If we see Robby for more than a few plays a game, we won’t make a bowl game this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2023, 06:19:26 AM »
If we see Robby for more than a few plays a game, we won’t make a bowl game this season.

With how these WR’s are dropping balls, we might still not make a bowl game. I know they are kids, but most of them are getting paid now. They need to do their job and catch the ball. If we don’t pass for over 100 yards against LSU, I’m going to have a conniption fit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2023, 07:53:02 AM »

Robby can throw to WRs who won't catch as well as PT can.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2023, 05:25:18 PM »

It’s obvious you haven’t seen Robby throw. The other team’s defense loves your idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2023, 09:38:23 PM »
It’s obvious you haven’t seen Robby throw. The other team’s defense loves your idea.

Robby wasn’t all too bad. I think a lot of it has to do with scheme, WR talent, and limited opportunity. Watch his Stat Tiger Highlights on YouTube and try not to shed a tear.

Signed,
President of the Robby Ashford Fan Club
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2023, 10:43:39 PM »
So, you’re saying that Peyton Thorne catches better than our receivers?

This is concerning. But I think you’re probably right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2023, 09:43:06 AM »
Robby hurls it in the general direction on longer throws, lacks touch on shorter stuff. Peyton places the ball in the general area on medium throws where a guy like Bowers would catch them.
So it would seem either can play if we would only go to a quick game and stay mostly within the hashes because everything else is not even a good setup for the next play.

I'm for economy. Utilize your strengths as Caddy did toward the end of 2022. Run the damn ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2023, 02:20:10 PM »
So, you're using the same logic I use when buying golf balls?  The cheap ones make the same noise when they splash down or hit the trees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2023, 03:58:34 PM »
So, you're using the same logic I use when buying golf balls?  The cheap ones make the same noise when they splash down or hit the trees.

This guy gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions