Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Toy Story NFL

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Toy Story NFL
« on: October 01, 2023, 11:36:13 AM »
Admit I was intrigued to see how they’d make that work.  Watching it now. It’s weird.  They’ve done a pretty good job of animating it.

It’s kind of cool that they are explaining the rules of the game as they go along … although I can’t imagine kids are watching this for very long.  The player graphics are a little jerky and glitchy, but the transitions, backgrounds, and added side features are pretty good.

The animated announcers are kind of strange.  There was just a segment where Booger McFarland we showing Drew Carter some move on sacking the quarterback and apparently body slammed Carter.  The pissed/pained expression on his cartoon face was worth the watch.  Especially when he asked for help getting up and McFarland said “Im not helping you up,”.  Carter has been complaining about it since. 

I couldn’t watch it for a long time but it’s interesting enough.  If the goal is to convert kids to fans of the game, I don’t think that will work either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Toy Story NFL
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 07:48:13 PM »
Admit I was intrigued to see how they’d make that work.  Watching it now. It’s weird.  They’ve done a pretty good job of animating it.

It’s kind of cool that they are explaining the rules of the game as they go along … although I can’t imagine kids are watching this for very long.  The player graphics are a little jerky and glitchy, but the transitions, backgrounds, and added side features are pretty good.

The animated announcers are kind of strange.  There was just a segment where Booger McFarland we showing Drew Carter some move on sacking the quarterback and apparently body slammed Carter.  The pissed/pained expression on his cartoon face was worth the watch.  Especially when he asked for help getting up and McFarland said “Im not helping you up,”.  Carter has been complaining about it since. 

I couldn’t watch it for a long time but it’s interesting enough.  If the goal is to convert kids to fans of the game, I don’t think that will work either.
Mac Jones punching opponents in the nutsack should draw plenty of young fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions