Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Any runners out there?

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
Any runners out there?
« on: September 24, 2023, 01:02:05 PM »
I hated running when the Army made me do it all the time.  I wasn’t awful at it but after they made me stop, I took a 5 year hiatus from it and got slooooowwwww. 

Ran a 10k this morning in just over an hour.  I was hoping for a time in only minutes and missed it by less than 30 seconds. 

Doing a 15k in Huntsville in three weeks. 

My goal is the Rocket City Marathon ‘24 next December. 

I use RunCoach for training plans and Strava for the social aspect. 

Any other losers out there that run for no reason?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Any runners out there?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 01:43:26 PM »
I’m not your huckleberry. 

Given the choice or running or facing a charging grizzly my knees say “turn and fight!”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 01:47:30 PM »
GH is your guy. Good wishes on your running journey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »
I swear by the BPN app to get training ideas from, or to follow routines all the way through. They have one section specifically catered to running and the app is free. Thank me later.

I run most mornings as part of a circuit training routine that I’ve catered to fit in a 45 min. window. I’ve slacked off here lately due to football, work stressors, and the shortened days making me lazier. I’ll be hopping back on board hardcore after my care meter for football was knocked down a couple of notches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 04:21:42 PM »
GH is your guy. Good wishes on your running journey.

You sit on a throne of lies. I lay around and eat cheesecake and drink beer all day son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2023, 06:03:55 PM »
I swear by the BPN app to get training ideas from, or to follow routines all the way through. They have one section specifically catered to running and the app is free. Thank me later.

I run most mornings as part of a circuit training routine that I’ve catered to fit in a 45 min. window. I’ve slacked off here lately due to football, work stressors, and the shortened days making me lazier. I’ll be hopping back on board hardcore after my care meter for football was knocked down a couple of notches.

I downloaded the app. It is similar to RunCoach but a little bit more simplistic.  I might use it as I get closer to a half or full.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2023, 06:06:07 PM »
You sit on a throne of lies. I lay around and eat cheesecake and drink beer all day son.

C’mon, fricker.  Give me some tips. I need to be fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2023, 06:46:46 PM »
I downloaded the app. It is similar to RunCoach but a little bit more simplistic.  I might use it as I get closer to a half or full.

Right on. This guy that started this supplement company and training app is an Army Vet, too. Good luck in accomplishing your goals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023, 08:02:10 PM »
Right on. This guy that started this supplement company and training app is an Army Vet, too. Good luck in accomplishing your goals.

I noticed that.  Infantry, so he can’t be that smart. 

Essayons! 

IYKYK
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2023, 09:49:39 PM »
GH is the authority on the subject.

...if you want to increase your pace get off the pavement and find some single track trails with elevation.  then hit the pavement.

got to get the distance in with pace increases but mix in 400 m sprint...jog 400 m and repeat.

my real advice don't worry about your pace.  log miles and make it enjoyable.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 01:18:14 AM »
I hated running when the Army made me do it all the time.  I wasn’t awful at it but after they made me stop, I took a 5 year hiatus from it and got slooooowwwww. 

Ran a 10k this morning in just over an hour.  I was hoping for a time in only minutes and missed it by less than 30 seconds. 

Doing a 15k in Huntsville in three weeks. 

My goal is the Rocket City Marathon ‘24 next December. 

I use RunCoach for training plans and Strava for the social aspect. 

Any other losers out there that run for no reason?

Get a new car. Life’s easier in a car….

I was almost a runner. For about two years I’d run. Usually about 3-4 5Ks a week. I took my dog with me..until one day we got home and she laid on the floor panting for 2 hrs. After that I had to sneak out to run.

I was 50 and about 275. So I thought that was pretty good. I ran with hills and such. Did it in about 38 mins. I never formally ran a 5K. I just kept up with it on my phone using RunKeeper.
Then I got a wild hair to play 50+ basketball. I loved it. There were a couple of 70 yr olds playing. They would guard each other and if you left them open, they would drain it.
But as old bodies do, the knees started telling me to knock it off. The doc said find a lower impact activity or he’ll be replacing my knee.
So now I ride my bike as much as I can for 10 miles a day. It’s nice here at the beach and low impact.
However, I did miss that daily run. I understand why people get hooked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 11:14:55 AM »
Apparently GH doesn’t like you because he is the ultimate authority around here on the subject. I ran a few marathons and half’s, 10 and 5k races but he has run numerous of the ultra type races. At least he’s told people this and he has pictures of himself in them bicycle britches.

I can’t do those races because I don’t know what I’d do with my dick.

I enjoyed running for several years. I did not at first but eventually, it grew on me. 5 am and I was usually up and on the road by 530. It was vital in the beginning for me to have someone who had run numerous marathons like NYC and Boston as a running partner. And as partner, I’m not talking about in the queer way that most of the men around here mean in using the term. We just ran.

Anyone you can find to hold you accountable to get up at 5 and start running when it’s 25 degrees is what you need. Or raining or you have a sore hip, calf, toe, etc. whatever the most convenient excuse is, human nature is to use it. At least for me.

That’s my biggest piece of advice. Get a running partner. If you can’t, then make a calendar and refuse to miss the days you have planned to run and get the total for the week in come hell or high water. If u have to adapt, so be it. If you have 40 miles to make, get it whenever you can. Morning or night. Two runs a day is ok. Just don’t overdo the weekly total or you’re going to injure yourself. You’re going to get hurt when training for a marathon, most likely. A slow build up in miles is essential.

And incorporate some pace and speed training toward the end. Hills. Run hills and then more hills. After you do that, run some more hills. That’s my advice, anyway. GH is a better option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2023, 12:04:17 PM »
If you see me running you'd better start running too, because there's something bigger than Snagg's massive biceps coming at me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2023, 12:12:30 PM »
If you see me running you'd better start running too, because there's something bigger than Snagg's massive biceps coming at me.

I was under the impression that it was you that had the biceps?  You must be more of a triceps kinda guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2023, 12:19:25 PM »
I was under the impression that it was you that had the biceps?  You must be more of a triceps kinda guy.

It had better be Buzz, because I just ordered two tickets to "The Gun Show" from him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 04:32:37 PM »
They call me tricerareps at teh gym
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 04:35:26 PM »

Dost thou even hoist, brethren?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 04:52:37 PM »

Only because you suck a dick while jerking two others.  I mean, it's impressive, but let's not get ahead of ourselves congratulating Buzzy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.