Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saturday's Menu

Saturday's Menu
« on: September 21, 2023, 09:50:16 AM »
Since we have an early kick off, I am looking for a quicker cook on the Egg on Saturday.  After taking freezer inventory, I have landed on Conecuh bites.  Will go perfectly with Mimosas or Bloody Mary's that we have the fixin's for.

I know that you can just slap Conecuh on the grill with no prep and it will taste just fine.  However, I have been to several tailgates in my lifetime that have served Conecuh with a rub (maybe something even caramelized on), served on toothpicks.  Any recipe suggestions on how to accomplish that deliciousness? 

Would rather listen to one of you than read a 12 page blog to get to a recipe that may or may not work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Saturday's Menu
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 11:47:44 AM »
No recipes here. I just normally get a mild and hot Conecuh, or Kelly, and heat em' up as is.  I'm a big fan of dipping in some skrate up yellow mustard.

You're spot on with the sausage suggestion.  On early game days like this, it's usually sausage and open up a veggie tray from Pube Licks.  Keep it simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 11:02:15 PM »
Snakebite, you know how I know you're gay? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 06:39:02 AM »
Snakebite, you know how I know you're gay?

Because I macraméd a pair of Jean shorts?

Or because I’m talking about rubbing sausage before grilling? I found the recipe for what I was talking about, by the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 07:54:22 AM »
Good sausage don’t need nothin. Conecuh is good sausage. Carry on accordingly Snake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 01:42:03 PM »
Good sausage don’t need nothin. Conecuh is good sausage. Carry on accordingly Snake.

This is the correct answer.

I usually lay out some cheeses (a sharp cheddar, some smoked gouda and a nice brie) with my perfectly charred Conecuh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 02:01:40 PM »
This is the correct answer.

I usually lay out some cheeses (a sharp cheddar, some smoked gouda and a nice brie) with my perfectly charred Conecuh.

Every variety is good by me but especially dig their Hickory one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 03:22:18 PM »
Went to my favorite country meat market at lunch and picked up a pound of Kelly's mild and a pound of hot.  Will hit the Pube Licks for some Conecuh tonight.

I'm going to try Serpentchomp's recipe on the Kelly, and cook the Conecuh as is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 11:41:40 AM »
Went to my favorite country meat market at lunch and picked up a pound of Kelly's mild and a pound of hot.  Will hit the Pube Licks for some Conecuh tonight.

I'm going to try Serpentchomp's recipe on the Kelly, and cook the Conecuh as is.

Doesn't your local Sam's carry the Conecuh in 2lb packages( $9?)?

I don't usually go in, I just hit the pumps.

And whatever y'all cooked Saturday caused some raw asses on the field. Knock it off!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 12:52:12 PM »
Doesn't your local Sam's carry the Conecuh in 2lb packages( $9?)?

I don't usually go in, I just hit the pumps.

And whatever y'all cooked Saturday caused some raw asses on the field. Knock it off!

You got it, Cochise.  I'll be in your & Wes's country for FUGA through the following Friday.  My grill will stay cool, so that means we should win this one easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 03:11:40 PM »
You got it, Cochise.  I'll be in your & Wes's country for FUGA through the following Friday.  My grill will stay cool, so that means we should win this one easy.

Holla atcha boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2023, 12:11:13 PM »
Took a little something from everyone's suggestions, and Snake's recipe he sent.

Scored the sausage about 3/4 of the way down.  Liberally applied a rib rub, getting it down in the cracks. Mmmmm.....crack.  Put them on the Egg for about 20 minutes, then rubbed on a mixture similar to my wing sauce.  Sweet Baby Ray's, honey, cinnamon powder and brown sugar.  Put them back on direct heat for a good char.

Cut up some Smoked Gouda and Vermont Cheddar (Something I found at Pube Licks)

Son!
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions