Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who even cares?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Who even cares?
« on: September 13, 2023, 09:35:55 AM »
ESPN Sportscenter this morning (haven't watched in years, but gave it a shot for reasons unknown). 

Long overly dramatic segment narrated by Sue Bird (I remember the name and assumed her big horse head was still playing?)  on the WNBA. Apparently the playoffs are starting.  I'm just wondering. Who cares?

I saw some thing where their televised games draw like 300,000 viewers (which is likely a highly inflated number).  That's less than the average episode of Penn & Teller Fool Us on the CW. That's less than a re-run of $100,000 Pyramid on GameShow Network. 

Average attendance for their games is like 5000. 

Seriously.  Who cares?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Who even cares?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 11:25:23 AM »
ESPN and the NBA try their best to force the WNBA every chance they get. Its sad, as the league cannot support itself. It has now become like a Title IX sport. You have to have it for equality...
I wonder when the trannys will take it over...I might watch it just for the meltdown factor at that point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 02:21:02 PM »
wokesters are bad with math too.....the pay they demand, and the league wouldn't be solvent. You can't pay the same as NBA with the numbers they bring in (tickets, concessions, ads, merch).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 03:55:03 PM »
If you're bitching about the merits of women's sports, then be consistent and shut the fuck up about transwomen "ruining" women's sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 04:07:18 PM »
Brittney Griner is a man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 04:48:11 PM »
If you're bitching about the merits of women's sports, then be consistent and shut the fuck up about transwomen "ruining" women's sports.

They should have their own division in sports that we can also bitch about.   

When you have Leah Thomas beating female swimmers that have been training their whole lives to be the best against other women, Fallon Fox beating the shit out of biological women in MMA matches, & Laurel Hubbard breaking records in powerlifting... It's a little fucked up.  That is not a bash against Her/She's in the world kind of statement.  It is a "no shit", common sense kind of statement. 

We men have so many biological advantages in physical strength, speed, and natural size.  Even if a man transitions, he reaps those benefits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 04:57:02 PM »

Pro and Amateur hoss. It does matter.

Not wanting my daughter to have to run against a dude on the track in HS is wayyyyy different than thinking it's absurd that WNBA players demand what Steph and LeBron get paid. Women's amateur sports are arguably funner to watch to me and its in those girl's formative, fun years of life. No one wants the integrity of that jacked up.

But as far as pro women's sports go, WNBA is the one of those I just do not care for. I would prefer to watch Tennis or Diamond League Track and Field over WNBA. Regardless, what I said is true - the numbers have to work at the end of the day dude - it aint personal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 05:08:11 PM »
Pro and Amateur hoss.

But as far as pro women's sports go, WNBA is the one of those I just do not care for. I would prefer to watch Tennis or Diamond League Track and Field over WNBA. Regardless, what I said is true - the numbers have to work at the end of the day dude - it aint personal.

you forgot beach volleyball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 05:36:39 PM »
you forgot beach volleyball.

^^^This man knows^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 07:20:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2023, 08:22:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 12:16:49 AM »

Dumbest leftist shit you’ve stated yet. Trying to equate the two subjects is just stupid. If it has a dick, it should not compete as a women.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 11:12:50 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
We men have so many biological advantages in physical strength, speed, and natural size.

Over every gender, or just the other one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2023, 09:56:29 AM »
Over every gender, or just the other one?

The only other one out there. Trust the science.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2023, 09:23:38 AM »
Wow.

If Mr. Ed and AOC had a baby it would be Rebecca Lobo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2023, 06:27:30 PM »
I don’t appreciate your telling my friend to shut the fuck up. Seriously. Now if you were talking to Snags, I would not care at all. Actually, I would agree.

But like I said, please give my friend respect. He doesn’t have an extensive history with the transvestites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com