Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Things that are ass

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Things that are ass
« on: September 10, 2023, 02:38:51 PM »
Being a more or less casual observer is liberating. Yes there’s always that undercurrent of hate toward certain things but I’m much more detached.  Things I saw here and there led me to these conclusions.

Things that are ASS week 2.5:

1. Alabama’s quarterbacks.  Milroe is sporadic at best.  Hard to believe that with the best recruiting classes for decades, the portal and NIL this is the best they can do. 
2. The media and the Colorado buffaloes.  Was out doing stuff and listening to scores. Deion is already coach of the year. Greatest turnaround in college football history.  He’s taking his place with the greats. Already surpassed Saban and Kirby.  His son is clearly the Heisman front runner. Quite possibly the most complete player in college history. Should go ahead and rename the Heisman to the Sanders. This is a top ten team. I can’t think of five better, it may be top five. Looking down the schedule I don’t see a single loss.

Good lord.  They’ve beaten two bad teams. 

For their part, Deion and the team are handling the attention like  reality show contestants or the cast of a Tyler Perry movie.  Don’t know how anybody else feels but I’ve gone from indifference to loathing. 
3 - The Cal bears.  Morbid curiosity.   Watched some of the third quarter.  I know bad football.  That is a terrible football team.  That’s a 2 or 3 win team at best.  Their quarterback with that crouching crab throwing motion is horrendous.  Dysfunction at every position. 
4- not going to say much because I promised.  But I’ve never seen a worse AU offense.  Never.  How is it possible that Ashford has regressed? I did not think that was possible. I only saw a slice but I did not see a team capable of winning an SEC game.
5- The SEC.  It may be temporary but the SEC looks vulnerable for the first time in decades.   LSU, A&M, Florida, Alabama, SC all already have losses.  AU, UT, State, UM, Arky all have losses incoming.  In some cases many.  Nobody cares about vandy or mizzou. Even UGA looked flat. Perhaps their QB is an actual zombie and doesn’t just look like one.
6-Bama fans. Two of the factions today.. first is “refs stole two touchdowns on bogus calls or we beat Texas bad.  Refs always cheat us.”  And “it’s time for Saban to go.”  Both amuse me.  I watched two series of their game when they were behind. Their line is allowed to hook around the shoulder pads and tackle defenders from behind.  They are still the protected class.  Good luck replacing Saban. 

I don’t know what wasn’t ass.  Everywhere I looked yesterday all I saw was unwashed butt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Things that are ass
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »
Being a more or less casual observer is liberating. Yes there’s always that undercurrent of hate toward certain things but I’m much more detached.  Things I saw here and there led me to these conclusions.

Things that are ASS week 2.5:

1. Alabama’s quarterbacks.  Milroe is sporadic at best.  Hard to believe that with the best recruiting classes for decades, the portal and NIL this is the best they can do. 
2. The media and the Colorado buffaloes.  Was out doing stuff and listening to scores. Deion is already coach of the year. Greatest turnaround in college football history.  He’s taking his place with the greats. Already surpassed Saban and Kirby.  His son is clearly the Heisman front runner. Quite possibly the most complete player in college history. Should go ahead and rename the Heisman to the Sanders. This is a top ten team. I can’t think of five better, it may be top five. Looking down the schedule I don’t see a single loss.

Good lord.  They’ve beaten two bad teams. 

For their part, Deion and the team are handling the attention like  reality show contestants or the cast of a Tyler Perry movie.  Don’t know how anybody else feels but I’ve gone from indifference to loathing. 
3 - The Cal bears.  Morbid curiosity.   Watched some of the third quarter.  I know bad football.  That is a terrible football team.  That’s a 2 or 3 win team at best.  Their quarterback with that crouching crab throwing motion is horrendous.  Dysfunction at every position. 
4- not going to say much because I promised.  But I’ve never seen a worse AU offense.  Never.  How is it possible that Ashford has regressed? I did not think that was possible. I only saw a slice but I did not see a team capable of winning an SEC game.
5- The SEC.  It may be temporary but the SEC looks vulnerable for the first time in decades.   LSU, A&M, Florida, Alabama, SC all already have losses.  AU, UT, State, UM, Arky all have losses incoming.  In some cases many.  Nobody cares about vandy or mizzou. Even UGA looked flat. Perhaps their QB is an actual zombie and doesn’t just look like one.
6-Bama fans. Two of the factions today.. first is “refs stole two touchdowns on bogus calls or we beat Texas bad.  Refs always cheat us.”  And “it’s time for Saban to go.”  Both amuse me.  I watched two series of their game when they were behind. Their line is allowed to hook around the shoulder pads and tackle defenders from behind.  They are still the protected class.  Good luck replacing Saban. 

I don’t know what wasn’t ass.  Everywhere I looked yesterday all I saw was unwashed butt.
Have to harken back to the days of Frazier, Trotter and Moseley for this type of line play up front on both sides of the ball. Cal had control from the start and bungled through the entire game.
I saw a few players on the field that would rival that guy from Hoover that played LB (forget his name) with slow reaction time, always out of the play unless he was trucked. ASANTE can start on most defenses in this league. Our secondary will battle, not in question imo.
It's not coaching or QB play.
Some of it is lack of quality depth from Hairpin but teams like Cal have to learn who's boss from the onset, not feel "empowered." It never happened.

Long season ahead. The three SEC West favorites all lost. Might happen every 50 years or so.

Sick of the Deion PR machine but that's what folks want to talk about.

Milroe still in high school mode. Field vision not his forte. Won't matter against lesser teams than Texas.

All for now.
Thank you Cal.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions