Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Royally....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Royally....
« on: September 05, 2023, 12:21:21 PM »
screwed up some wings yesterday.  I love me some wings.  Who doesn't?  I've pretty much made it a once a week deal to hit Beef O'Brady's here for a basket of garlic-parmesan wings and a couple of cold brewskies.

I decided to try out a recipe for them yesterday, and wasted a lot of time and money.  I put a lot of wings on the grill, using my own BBQ sauce mixture.  They're always da' bomb, but really messy and I have to endure a face full of smoke the whole time.  I found a recipe that called for baking them for 50 minutes in the oven, then tossing them in the GP sauce.  F'n awful!!!  The taste was okay, but the skin didn't firm up.  Horrible texture, and basically inedible. 

Check oven baked wings off the list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Royally....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 01:10:55 PM »
screwed up some wings yesterday.  I love me some wings.  Who doesn't?  I've pretty much made it a once a week deal to hit Beef O'Brady's here for a basket of garlic-parmesan wings and a couple of cold brewskies.

I decided to try out a recipe for them yesterday, and wasted a lot of time and money.  I put a lot of wings on the grill, using my own BBQ sauce mixture.  They're always da' bomb, but really messy and I have to endure a face full of smoke the whole time.  I found a recipe that called for baking them for 50 minutes in the oven, then tossing them in the GP sauce.  F'n awful!!!  The taste was okay, but the skin didn't firm up.  Horrible texture, and basically inedible. 

Check oven baked wings off the list.

I ain't no expert by any means, but oven-baked wings can put an additional tingling in your anus if done right.  Gotta let that skin dry out in the fridge (will turn yellow, outside of packaging).  Put them on an oven rack over a drip pan.  Use olive oil as your binder and make sure that corn starch - doesn't take much - is mixed in with your seasonings.  After it is cooked through, broil on low for a bit.  This should give you some crunchy bites.  Nothing beats the mean green, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 02:36:05 PM »
I ain't no expert by any means, but oven-baked wings can put an additional tingling in your anus if done right.  Gotta let that skin dry out in the fridge (will turn yellow, outside of packaging).  Put them on an oven rack over a drip pan.  Use olive oil as your binder and make sure that corn starch - doesn't take much - is mixed in with your seasonings.  After it is cooked through, broil on low for a bit.  This should give you some crunchy bites.  Nothing beats the mean green, though.

I'm no expert, but here's a 7 step process to perfect oven baked wings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 03:38:59 PM »
Two words…air fryer. Basket style 7-8 qt.

Coat the wings lightly with oil(you don’t have to but they brown better).
20 pieces:
Cook 20 minutes on 380°. Violently shake every five minutes. Finish up at 10 minutes on 400°. Still shake.

For smaller wings cut down 5 minutes on each step.

If you are lazy  and pick up Publix wings, put them in the air fryer on 400° for five minutes. Shake at 2 minutes. They come out hot and crispy.

I use blue cheese with a splash of Louisiana wing sauce for dipping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 04:14:05 PM »
Two words…air fryer. Basket style 7-8 qt.

Coat the wings lightly with oil(you don’t have to but they brown better).
20 pieces:
Cook 20 minutes on 380°. Violently shake every five minutes. Finish up at 10 minutes on 400°. Still shake.

For smaller wings cut down 5 minutes on each step.

If you are lazy  and pick up Publix wings, put them in the air fryer on 400° for five minutes. Shake at 2 minutes. They come out hot and crispy.

I use blue cheese with a splash of Louisiana wing sauce for dipping.

some things are meant to be cooked in an air fryer ...wings aren't one of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 04:37:18 PM »
some things are meant to be cooked in an air fryer ...wings aren't one of them.

Use my recipe and then let me know.
Wings at a restaurant are not grilled, they are fried. And this recipe makes it seem they were just pulled from a fryer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 05:04:29 PM »
Two words:  Wing Stop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 08:38:35 PM »
Use my recipe and then let me know.
Wings at a restaurant are not grilled, they are fried. And this recipe makes it seem they were just pulled from a fryer.

i can't say about wings but breaded chicken strips or fish isn't the same as dunking them in artery clogging oil. 

i'll give it a whirl though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 09:28:43 AM »
i can't say about wings but breaded chicken strips or fish isn't the same as dunking them in artery clogging oil. 

He's correct.  It's a great application for that dumbshit appliance that was forced into my kitchen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 12:16:34 PM »

We prepare quite a bit of fish in it. It’s a bit different, but very tasty. My favorite is mahi-mahi. It has a nice texture in the air fryer.
Now I too prefer a vat of grease. However, since my wife had a couple of stents, we’ve backed off the grease. There is just the two of us, so chicken, pork chops, etc. are easier and doesn’t heat the house up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions