Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

To Egg Or Not To Egg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
To Egg Or Not To Egg
« on: August 31, 2023, 10:16:20 AM »
I'm not just old, I'm old school.  I still keep a shoe box under the bed, and put whatever change I have at the end of the day in there.  I use the debit card 90% of the time, but I still like to carry some cash.  Whenever I get some ones back as change, I put them in my pocket to go in the box at the end of the day.  I'll go up to a year without "cashing in".  Usually, if we're going on vacation, that's the time to see what's in the box. Pretty sweet to find $500 - $600 in cash to take and eat out on. That's two meals at the beach.

I've had it going skrong for several months now, but this time, I have an actual goal.  I need a new grill.  I've been cooking on an XL Big Green Egg since 2012.  I remember because Alabama and LSU were playing in the MNC game, and I thought it would be more interesting to put a massive grill together.

Well, it's time to send my Egg to that great, ceramic bowl in the sky.  Oh, I've got a lot more tasty meat products to char on the old girl, but she's definitely on her last leg.  Just roughly pricing a bowl similar to what I have now, is about $1,500.00.  That's a lot of dinero for a grill, but trust me, there's a reason mine is about to tap out.  I grill like a mofo. 

Whatever I go with, has to be a bowl.  I built a "grilling station", which has a circular hole in the center of the platform.  Started with a Weber Bowl, still one of the best things on the market, then went to the Egg.  I'll spend the $1,500.00 once the shoe box gets full, but I'm definitely open to looking at different options, less expensive or not. 

Anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: To Egg Or Not To Egg
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 10:37:15 AM »
I'm not just old, I'm old school.  I still keep a shoe box under the bed, and put whatever change I have at the end of the day in there.  I use the debit card 90% of the time, but I still like to carry some cash.  Whenever I get some ones back as change, I put them in my pocket to go in the box at the end of the day.  I'll go up to a year without "cashing in".  Usually, if we're going on vacation, that's the time to see what's in the box. Pretty sweet to find $500 - $600 in cash to take and eat out on. That's two meals at the beach.

I've had it going skrong for several months now, but this time, I have an actual goal.  I need a new grill.  I've been cooking on an XL Big Green Egg since 2012.  I remember because Alabama and LSU were playing in the MNC game, and I thought it would be more interesting to put a massive grill together.

Well, it's time to send my Egg to that great, ceramic bowl in the sky.  Oh, I've got a lot more tasty meat products to char on the old girl, but she's definitely on her last leg.  Just roughly pricing a bowl similar to what I have now, is about $1,500.00.  That's a lot of dinero for a grill, but trust me, there's a reason mine is about to tap out.  I grill like a mofo. 

Whatever I go with, has to be a bowl.  I built a "grilling station", which has a circular hole in the center of the platform.  Started with a Weber Bowl, still one of the best things on the market, then went to the Egg.  I'll spend the $1,500.00 once the shoe box gets full, but I'm definitely open to looking at different options, less expensive or not. 

Anyone?

Kamado Joe's are pretty decent.  My buddy has one and it keeps a consistent temp just like the BGE.  He made a Boston Butt that was pretty excellent.  I think they are pretty much just as expensive, though... So you might as well just get another BGE (they are the best).

At one point, I wanted a Traeger so that I could control the temp using my phone, and check in on it remotely if I have to run errands.  I attribute those thoughts/feelings to a classic case of vaginitis.  I will be replacing my XL BGE with a Large BGE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 10:53:35 AM »

At one point, I wanted a Traeger so that I could control the temp using my phone, and check in on it remotely if I have to run errands.  I attribute those thoughts/feelings to a classic case of vaginitis.  I will be replacing my XL BGE with a Large BGE.

Shut your whore mouth.  My Pitboss smoker is the tits and panties.  I'm a smoking fool from my couch thanks to bluetooth technology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 11:08:01 AM »
The biggest issue with mine, is the inside ceramic bowl is split open.  Probably about an inch gap.  It grills fine for steak, burgers, chicken etc.  But if I want to smoke a butt, or some other delicious hunk of flesh, it won't maintain the temp I need. I've got to keep a vigil for all those hours in order to keep my temp where it needs to be.

I could replace the inner bowl and get by just fine, but it needs new springs on the hinges, the handle is half burned off, and other assorted calamities.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 11:24:27 AM »
The biggest issue with mine, is the inside ceramic bowl is split open.  Probably about an inch gap.  It grills fine for steak, burgers, chicken etc.  But if I want to smoke a butt, or some other delicious hunk of flesh, it won't maintain the temp I need. I've got to keep a vigil for all those hours in order to keep my temp where it needs to be.

I could replace the inner bowl and get by just fine, but it needs new springs on the hinges, the handle is half burned off, and other assorted calamities.   

Oklahoma Joe makes a barrel grill/smoker that has pretty decent reviews.  Would be fun to cook on and master.  Once it rusts through, you can do what you should have done from the jump and get another BGE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 01:44:08 PM »
Two words:  Estate Sale
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.