Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Changing the Verbiage

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Changing the Verbiage
« on: August 21, 2023, 12:26:46 PM »
For all my life, there have been high pressure systems.  I distinctly remember WBRC weather forecaster Pat Gray putting the little H in the middle of a circle or sometimes a sun-shape up on her weather board to denote them.  I used to like watching Pat, because she reminded me a little of Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched).

From watching Pat, I've known most of my life that high pressure systems generally create hot, muggy conditions. 

Now, though, they (whoever THEY are) have decided that calling it a high pressure system - which is normal - doesn't quite give people enough reason to panic so they've re-termed it as a 'heat dome' like it's some kind of unprecedented horrible climate-change induced horror. Idiots.

Anybody who uses the term "heat dome" is branding themselves as a gullible sheep.  BAAA... heat dome.... BAAAA... Hotter than EVAR!1!!.  BAAAA...

Yeah, it's going to be hot. But as hot as it's going to be this week, it likely won't break "records" that were recorded in 19-fucking-38.  And the reality is, we don't have ANY idea what the temperature was in 1910 or 1850 or 1732 or 1612 or 1518.   The statistical sample is so small it's worthless. 

There's a high pressure system.  It's hot.  Drive your gas-powered cars. Cook on gas stoves and grills. Eat beef and chicken. Use electricity generated by coal. Won't make one shit's difference.  Climate is controlled by the energy put out by the sun.  You can't change that, bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Changing the Verbiage
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 03:02:41 PM »
Context and Sample Size as far as centuries/years has always been my argument AGAINST the hysteria. It's a rational sane argument too but as we saw last week, it got dismissed before it could even take off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Kaos,
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 03:45:17 PM »
For all my life, there have been high pressure systems.  I distinctly remember WBRC weather forecaster Pat Gray putting the little H in the middle of a circle or sometimes a sun-shape up on her weather board to denote them.  I used to like watching Pat, because she reminded me a little of Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched).

From watching Pat, I've known most of my life that high pressure systems generally create hot, muggy conditions. 

Now, though, they (whoever THEY are) have decided that calling it a high pressure system - which is normal - doesn't quite give people enough reason to panic so they've re-termed it as a 'heat dome' like it's some kind of unprecedented horrible climate-change induced horror. Idiots.

Anybody who uses the term "heat dome" is branding themselves as a gullible sheep.  BAAA... heat dome.... BAAAA... Hotter than EVAR!1!!.  BAAAA...

Yeah, it's going to be hot. But as hot as it's going to be this week, it likely won't break "records" that were recorded in 19-fucking-38.  And the reality is, we don't have ANY idea what the temperature was in 1910 or 1850 or 1732 or 1612 or 1518.   The statistical sample is so small it's worthless. 

There's a high pressure system.  It's hot.  Drive your gas-powered cars. Cook on gas stoves and grills. Eat beef and chicken. Use electricity generated by coal. Won't make one shit's difference.  Climate is controlled by the energy put out by the sun.  You can't change that, bitch.
I’d give Pat some high pressure in the middle of her sun shape. I can tell you that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 03:46:05 PM »
Context and Sample Size as far as centuries/years has always been my argument AGAINST the hysteria. It's a rational sane argument too but as we saw last week, it got dismissed before it could even take off.

That's my problem too.  The archaeological record completely invalidates climate change.  It's been hotter in the past - by a stretch - than it is now.  I guess it was those damned dinosaurs and their gas stoves eating beans and farting all over the place.

These climate alarmists typically look no further back than what bolsters their ourtrage. 

Yeah.  Compelling argument here.  I'm gonna go riding around in my truck, grilling hamburgers on a gas stove in the bed while I feed Brussel sprouts to every cow I can find. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
GH2001,
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2023, 03:48:52 PM »
T Rex should have known better than to produce steel in a factory with them short ass arms anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 05:56:10 PM »
This should really close the door on any debate.  THIS science is settled. 

From MIT:

Arctic ice fluctuates a lot over geologic time, and there have been periodic examples of a completely ice-free Arctic over the last 350,000 years. But at least some amount of year-round Arctic ice cover developed around 5,000 years ago and has been with us ever since.

So for the last 5000 years there has been a polar icecap of fluctuating cover and density.  Scientists calculate the earth is 4.5 billion (with a b) years old.  So we can ascertain that for around the last .0001% of earth's lifespan there are polar icecaps. 

Yeah, it's a bad thing if they go away.  For us.  But guess what?  One day they will and there's not a single fucking thing we can do to change that, slow it down, or speed it up. 

From the Washington Post, that bastion of non-woke anti-'the thing' journalism. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2019/02/06/todays-earth-looks-lot-like-it-did-years-ago-all-were-missing-is-massive-sea-level-rise/

Synposis? The world today appears very much as it was 115,000 years ago.  But WAIT.  What about cow farts and wind farms and AOC's weeping and Al Gore's wailing? 

Here's a REAL gem from that WP article:
And though the various hominids didn’t know it, the Earth was coming to the end of a major warm period. It was one that’s quite close to our current climate, but with one major discrepancy — seas at the time were 20 to 30 feet higher.

So 115,000 years ago, we were very close to coming to the end of a warm period when conditions were as they are now. 

Pretty sure Kaos just said... a cooldown is coming.  Not sure I'll be alive to see all these climate warriors proven to be fools, but we are right on the precipice.  It's gonna turn.  Not this week because we're under a heat dome!! But soonish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 06:57:00 PM »
That 5,000 year ago cooldown coincides with a great flood in a book I read one time. As well as higher sea levels. Kind of makes sense.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 03:38:02 PM »
Sorry K....MIT is a quack job, cracker jack right wing conspiracy theo......oh, wait...NM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE