Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bad News...uh...Bad News (note: not really that bad)

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Bad News...uh...Bad News (note: not really that bad)
« on: August 16, 2023, 08:44:14 AM »
Losing a little depth along the OL with Garner Langlo off the team.

Making Jarquez Hunter the ONLY member of the 2021 class still on the roster.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2023/08/auburn-ol-garner-langlo-no-longer-with-the-tigers-per-report.html?utm_campaign=auburntigers_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Bad News...uh...Bad News (note: not really that bad)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 10:03:33 AM »
Probably some type of discipline problem. Pure speculation there, because this would be a very odd time to transfer out.

Wouldn't surprise me, though.  He's been here a while, and never seen the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 10:05:24 AM »
Probably some type of discipline problem. Pure speculation there, because this would be a very odd time to transfer out.

Wouldn't surprise me, though.  He's been here a while, and never seen the field.

Dude was a mountain of a man.  That said, if you can't get some PT with what we've fielded in the last couple of years, then you should consider some DII action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 10:28:59 AM »
Dude was a mountain of a man.  That said, if you can't get some PT with what we've fielded in the last couple of years, then you should consider some DII action.

Which is why it's not a big deal one bit. Dude was close to scout team level at this point. Although I don't really hold anything against any kid that had to suffer under Harvinstein for 2 seasons. That's torture enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 02:37:54 PM »
When you look at the 21' class, as mentioned, Kwez is the only H.S. signee left. Our port hole guys weren't much better, but we are still getting good production from Marcus Harris and Donovan Kaufman.  Eku was in that class too, but unfortunately, a promising second season got cut short early on.

Overall, you gotta' say it's one of the worst evah at Awbren. 

I don't recall the numbers, and I'm too lazy and disinterested to look it up, but one or two of Tuberville's last classes, weren't that far off.  After the 2010 Natty, we lost a shit ton of production on both sides of the ball.  Problem was, there no experience, and no leadership behind them.  Therefore, we needed a miracle on-sides kick to beat Urinary Tract Infection State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 03:18:57 PM »
When you look at the 21' class, as mentioned, Kwez is the only H.S. signee left. Our port hole guys weren't much better, but we are still getting good production from Marcus Harris and Donovan Kaufman.  Eku was in that class too, but unfortunately, a promising second season got cut short early on.

Overall, you gotta' say it's one of the worst evah at Awbren. 

I don't recall the numbers, and I'm too lazy and disinterested to look it up, but one or two of Tuberville's last classes, weren't that far off.  After the 2010 Natty, we lost a shit ton of production on both sides of the ball.  Problem was, there no experience, and no leadership behind them.  Therefore, we needed a miracle on-sides kick to beat Urinary Tract Infection State.

And a rare kick return.  I am still not sure why Tre Mason went crazy.  He had the potential to achieve greatness in the NFL with his skill set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 03:39:38 PM »
And a rare kick return.  I am still not sure why Tre Mason went crazy.  He had the potential to achieve greatness in the NFL with his skill set.

Because CTE is real, Roger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 04:03:48 PM »

I didn’t know/never heard that’s what was going on with him. Unfortunate.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:06:20 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2023, 04:27:59 PM »
I didn’t know/never heard that’s what was going on with him. Unfortunate.

Excerpt from a fanbuzz.com piece on Mason

The 2016 offseason was disastrous for Mason. The star running back had multiple run-ins with law enforcement and displayed erratic behavior.

One incident included Mason leading Palm Beach County police on a chase while driving an ATV, per TMZ. He was eventually charged with "fleeing and eluding without regard for others' safety."

Prior to that arrest, Mason was also arrested in March after being hospitalized and charged with reckless driving, resisting arrest, possession of cannabis and failure to register a vehicle.

Additionally, the police had been called to his mother's home multiple times over a four-month span. He went AWOL. He refused to answer calls from the Rams organization and was deemed a no-show at training camp before turning up doing drills on his mother's front lawn in Lake Worth, Fla.

Rams head coach Jeff Fisher told reporters the team was more concerned with Mason's well-being than his football career at the time.

According to AL.com, Mason's mother told police that her son had a "10-year-old's mindset," suggesting multiple hits to the head throughout his football career had impacted his mental state.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 04:53:28 PM »

Ole Gussy will overuse and injure one way or another. Rides that mule til it falls apart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2023, 05:24:07 PM »
Ole Gussy will overuse and injure one way or another. Rides that mule til it falls apart.

I didn't mind the way they ran Tre.  He had the perfect build and running style for that offense.  With the way he and NM ran that option, it always seemed Mason was at the second level before anybody got a piece of him.  He'd pop right up and say, "Let's run that shit again."

Carry On was a different story.  I always wondered how he did it. He always looked slight of build, wasn't particularly fast, but somehow found a way to get yards, despite getting the shit knocked out of him.  Gus was borderline negligent with the way he used him. There were bigger backs that could have spelled him for a while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2023, 09:01:48 AM »
I didn't mind the way they ran Tre.  He had the perfect build and running style for that offense.  With the way he and NM ran that option, it always seemed Mason was at the second level before anybody got a piece of him.  He'd pop right up and say, "Let's run that shit again."

Carry On was a different story.  I always wondered how he did it. He always looked slight of build, wasn't particularly fast, but somehow found a way to get yards, despite getting the shit knocked out of him.  Gus was borderline negligent with the way he used him. There were bigger backs that could have spelled him for a while.

Corey Grant and Cameron Artis-Payne were also on those teams. That could have been a three-headed monster. Except the one-headed dork running the offense didn't know that because, you know, high school stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg