Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Blind, Deaf & Dumb Side

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Blind, Deaf & Dumb Side
« on: August 15, 2023, 05:44:52 PM »
Former Ole Miss and NFL lineman, and the focus of The Blind Side movie, Michael Oher, is suing Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, the couple of who took him in and got him started playing for the Black Bear Land Shark Hobby Lobby's.  His claim is basically that the Tuohy's "tricked" him into signing a Conservatorship, thinking they were adoption papers, and subsequently profiting from the movie, and shutting him out of making any $$$ off the film.

I've read several articles and interviews since this came out, and I have to say....Bullshit!

I heard an interview with Oher about the movie, which he was not particularly pleased with.  If you're like most peeps, you've seen the movie, or at least parts of it.  And you know Oher was portrayed as a big, dumb oaf.  Oher said you got the sense that he could barely read or write, and he was pretty much dependent on the Tuohy's.  He said the reality is that he is the complete polar opposite of that, and he was reading and doing plays in his early elementary school days.

But, as far as his claims go, none of it makes sense.  He actually said that he didn't realize he was still under a conservatorship and didn't make anything from the movie in February of this year. The Blind Side came out in 2009.  So, it took you 14 years to realize there was a movie based mostly on YOUR life, and you didn't make a penny from it?  It never came up with the agents and lawyers during the 8 years you were in the NFL?

What has been publicized, is that each of the Tuohy family was paid about $225,000.00, plus 2.5% of the movie profits. The Tuohy's say that's total BS. There's also the fact that the Tuohy's were huge in the fast food franchise bidnezz, and sold most of those franchises, which now gives them a net worth of right at $100 million.  Could Mr. Oher's NFL bank account be dwindling down to GH level money? 

There's so much more that doesn't add up with this story, but it will either all come out in court, or the Tuohy's take care of Michael Oher again.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Blind, Deaf & Dumb Side
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 08:47:27 PM »
Regardless - No one is gonna sympathize with Leanne Tuohy.  No one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 08:32:33 AM »
Regardless - No one is gonna sympathize with Leanne Tuohy.  No one.

Nope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 09:47:05 AM »
I have no sympathy for any of them.  Just find it ridiculous that 14 years after a movie comes out about Oher himself, he suddenly said, "Hey, where's my money?"

The movie grossed over $300 million. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 10:32:07 AM »
I have no sympathy for any of them.  Just find it ridiculous that 14 years after a movie comes out about Oher himself, he suddenly said, "Hey, where's my money?"

The possible money grab aside, he isn't totally wrong about inaccuracies about the story portrayed in the movie. That's been known for years.....maybe I'm a little biased by my disdain for Tuohy, but that movie painted them in a far more positive light than reality suggested it should have. And that's been known since right after it came out, way before Oher had sour grapes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 11:35:05 AM »

For those of you steeped in Kaos lore? 

I TOLD you all this about eight years ago.  I told you then that the whole "amazing, loving white family takes care of big, dumb oaf out of the goodness of their sweet little hearts" was hogwash.  I pointed out THEN that Oher was distancing himself from the lies, unhappy with how it was portrayed and also distancing himself from the parasitic, self-serving Rebel Black Bear family that resembled the obnoxious Chris Chrisley family more than anything.

I told you.  Some chose not to listen.  Some chose to try to contradict and argue. 

As with all things (take note climate alarmists!) Kaos is proven right yet again. 

Told ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 03:40:00 PM »
Everybody used everybody in this situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 04:19:55 PM »
I'm certainly not defending the Touhy's here.  I saw the movie.  Even then, I viewed it with the proverbial grain of salt, realizing like with most all Hollyweird flicks, it was altered, or sensationalized in some way.  I came away thinking it was a basic feel good story, based off mostly true events.  Wasn't great.  Wasn't horrible.  Didn't really care.

I didn't read the book, either.  And I never listen to K  :poke: so I didn't know the relationship was that vastly different than the movie.  Again, don't give two shits.

But what I do know, is the Touhy's were sitting on a couple hundred million in restaurants and real estate.  I know the conservatorship was executed long before anyone knew Oher would be a first round pick, or that he would even be accepted into college. And certainly long before there was even the suggestion of a movie being made.  In addition, if you believe Oher, he went 14 years after a movie was made about his story, before realizing he didn't make a dime off said movie.

Again, I don't give two fiddledy fucks about the Pouhy's, but this story wreaks of nothing more than Oher looking to score a settlement from some rich folk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2023, 04:51:49 PM »
For those of you steeped in Kaos lore? 

Folklore?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2023, 04:57:37 PM »
Folklore?

K is always right. Just ask him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2023, 06:22:38 PM »
I'm certainly not defending the Touhy's here.  I saw the movie.  Even then, I viewed it with the proverbial grain of salt, realizing like with most all Hollyweird flicks, it was altered, or sensationalized in some way.  I came away thinking it was a basic feel good story, based off mostly true events.  Wasn't great.  Wasn't horrible.  Didn't really care.

I didn't read the book, either.  And I never listen to K  :poke: so I didn't know the relationship was that vastly different than the movie.  Again, don't give two shits.

But what I do know, is the Touhy's were sitting on a couple hundred million in restaurants and real estate.  I know the conservatorship was executed long before anyone knew Oher would be a first round pick, or that he would even be accepted into college. And certainly long before there was even the suggestion of a movie being made.  In addition, if you believe Oher, he went 14 years after a movie was made about his story, before realizing he didn't make a dime off said movie.

Again, I don't give two fiddledy fucks about the Pouhy's, but this story wreaks of nothing more than Oher looking to score a settlement from some rich folk.
He is trying to get his fair share of the movie profits and the only conceivable reason for your problem with it is his blackness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2023, 10:48:42 PM »
K is always right. Just ask him.

So it is written.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2023, 04:55:07 PM »
He is trying to get his fair share of the movie profits and the only conceivable reason for your problem with it is his blackness.

Dumb comes in white also…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2023, 08:31:18 PM »
The more this has gone on…

Rich people fighting over more money.

Frick’em all. I’m done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmar,
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2023, 08:53:13 PM »
The more this has gone on…

Rich people fighting over more money.

Frick’em all. I’m done.

Couldn’t agree more. I saw the headline, then just carried on living my life.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2023, 08:47:03 AM »
Dumb comes in white also…
Poor kids can be just as smart as white kids.  Just ask Uncle Sniffy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2023, 10:53:16 AM »
Poor kids can be just as smart as white kids.  Just ask Uncle Sniffy.

I chuckled when he said that and the media glossed right over it. Imagine had Trump said that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.