Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Hot!!!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
It's Hot!!!
« on: August 08, 2023, 11:23:56 AM »
Every time I open the front door, I feel like I feel like I'm checking the corn bread. It's hot as a bushman's balls.

Yesterday, I was off, and needed to work on a big bed in the back yard that had been neglected all summer. Pull all the weeds and vines I could, weed eat the rest, spray the remainder with weed killer.  Pull up 3 bushes that bit the dust, Trim up the rest and lay down the straw. 

I started mid morning to try and avoid the extreme heat, but didn't get finished until 1:00.  I did it in stages, where I would pull the weeds....take a break....weed eat and spray....take a break....dig up the bushes....take a break. Went through about 5 bottles of water. 

After I finished, cooled down and took a shower, it's like the rest of the day, I felt like a zombie.  Just drained and lifeless. Couple of weeks ago, I was cleaning some brush and cutting down a couple of small trees that were about to fall.  About 45 minutes in, my fat ass was on one knee, seeing stars.

This heat is no joke.  I can't even begin to see how anyone in the roofing business survives it. And I did see some roofers getting after it yesterday afternoon.  Yeesh!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 11:28:27 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: It's Hot!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 11:32:10 AM »
It's dangerous heat.  Really, let that shit slide for a while until it cools off.  You can be in big trouble before you realize it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 11:35:46 AM »
It's dangerous heat.  Really, let that shit slide for a while until it cools off.  You can be in big trouble before you realize it.

Dude takes a break every 3-5 mins. Just like he does at the office when he decides to skip to  Panera or the Ross Clark Gym with Flex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 11:37:04 AM »
Dude takes a break every 3-5 mins. Just like he does at the office when he decides to skip to  Panera or the Ross Clark Gym with Flex.

Well, if he were the strapping vision of youth and fitness that yours truly exhibits, then I'd say go for it.

But his old ass needn't be outside in this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 11:41:49 AM »

Pffffffft.....I've already had 3 stretches this morning alone, where I worked for 10-12 minutes straight without stopping. I'm like an Iron Man around here. 

I ran a couple of errands yesterday afternoon, and the temp gauge in the Ford F-150 constantly said 99 or 100. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 12:29:54 PM »
Well, if he were the strapping vision of youth and fitness that yours truly exhibits, then I'd say go for it.

But his old ass needn't be outside in this shit.

youre lookin out for him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 01:01:41 PM »
youre lookin out for him

You might even call me a lawyer who...cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 01:04:25 PM »
You might even call me a lawyer who...cares.

Just the types I would call in a pinch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2023, 02:24:44 PM »
Just the types I would call in a pinch.

I'll pinch you, big boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2023, 02:25:48 PM »
I'll pinch you, big boy.

how about a slip n fall at the Pig?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 02:50:15 PM »
how about a slip n fall at the Pig?

I'll take it, but Wal Marks pays better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2023, 03:07:24 PM »
I’m just gonna say this.  It’s always been like this. We are just getting older and less able to tolerate it. 

In high school when I was playing ball and writing for the newspaper it wes over 100 for something like 15 straight days.  We worked in it.  Played a weekend tournament in it.  Hell, during a three hour practice we had one 15 minute water break. In this heat. From a hose with holes poked in it. We got acclimated. 

We didn’t have weather warriors screaming about it or issuing deadly heat warnings and wringing their hands over faux “climate change”

I remember my grandmothers house didn’t have AC at all.  Fans in the windows.  Just as hot then as it is now.  We ran fans in the windows.  Spent a lot of time in shorts and not much else.  Well… my Mama wore more than that.

My 65 Mustang didn’t have AC. Just as hot then as now.  I ate, drank, slept and fucked in that car in weather so hot the vinyl seats would leave sear marks on your narrow ass and the metal handles would brand you. 

We were just smarter about it then. We got used to it. 

AC has spoiled and weakened us. That’s the reality. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 03:10:11 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 03:29:15 PM »
I’m just gonna say this.  It’s always been like this. We are just getting older and less able to tolerate it. 

In high school when I was playing ball and writing for the newspaper it wes over 100 for something like 15 straight days.  We worked in it.  Played a weekend tournament in it.  Hell, during a three hour practice we had one 15 minute water break. In this heat. From a hose with holes poked in it. We got acclimated. 

We didn’t have weather warriors screaming about it or issuing deadly heat warnings and wringing their hands over faux “climate change”

I remember my grandmothers house didn’t have AC at all.  Fans in the windows.  Just as hot then as it is now.  We ran fans in the windows.  Spent a lot of time in shorts and not much else.  Well… my Mama wore more than that.

My 65 Mustang didn’t have AC. Just as hot then as now.  I ate, drank, slept and fucked in that car in weather so hot the vinyl seats would leave sear marks on your narrow ass and the metal handles would brand you. 

We were just smarter about it then. We got used to it. 

AC has spoiled and weakened us. That’s the reality.

No doubt that age, and working all day in an air conditioned office has a ton to do with it. Growing up, we lived outside.  Played every sport under sun, literally, no matter how hot it was.

We were in Montgomery this weekend staying with my sister. If you walk out her front door, you're feet from the Huntingdon College football field.  It was 157 degrees, and those guys were out there running around like it was a brisk, Fall afternoon.  I was dripping sweat by the time I turned around and walked back in the house. 

Had to get another frosty, cold brew and sit under a vent. Damn, it's hot!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2023, 04:57:13 PM »
We used to walk to and from school in this heat.  Uphill both ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2023, 05:54:57 PM »
Growing up, we lived outside.
I know it was a long time ago but I always assumed that since your dad was a physician that he could have afforded a house.

You guys did have it pretty rough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2023, 09:59:20 AM »
No doubt that age, and working all day in an air conditioned office has a ton to do with it.

But mostly it's that our planet is burning around us.  There is no dispute amongst the (legitimate) scientific community on this issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2023, 12:03:22 PM »
But mostly it's that our planet is burning around us.  There is no dispute amongst the (legitimate) scientific community on this issue.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... Here's a picture of Wes.

I will refrain from being rude but you have to be an idiot to buy into this "climate change" hoax. 

Cliimate change is ABSOLUTE bullshit.  Cherry-picked numbers and date-ranges. Bogus statistics. Fraudulent reports. Shifting goalposts. 

It does not exist as claimed. The seas aren't rising.  That's a lie.  The polar bears aren't all dying. Another lie. The poles aren't melting to the point they'll never recover. Another lie. Every bit of it is a manufactured crisis, an utter falsehood. 

The earth warms and cools over time (centuries) as part of its natural cycle.  There is NOTHING you, I, Wes or a billion Chinese can do about it.  You don't have to be a genius to see that over many years and years (as evidenced by the archeological record) that across the eons there have been peaks and valleys.  The current peak isn't even close to the highest- way back before cows farted, cars ran on gas, people cooked on gas stoves, and coal was burned.  But real, legit, not bought-and-paid-for, scientists tend to agree that we are about at the apex of the current peak and there's an ice age on the horizon. 

If you're a climate changer, you're a fucking bleating sheep.  Period.  It's a manufactured crisis designed to herd the sheep and push the world closer to rule by a handful of elites.

Wake up.  Don't just baaaa along with the rest, Wes.  You're smarter than that. 

I say that and then I remember the same Wes claiming the absolute scientific fact of "global climate change" was also all in on masks (horseshit), jabs (deadly) and the entire Covid fraud. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2023, 12:47:51 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Here's a picture of Wes.

I will refrain from being rude but you have to be an idiot to buy into this "climate change" hoax. 

Cliimate change is ABSOLUTE bullshit.  Cherry-picked numbers and date-ranges. Bogus statistics. Fraudulent reports. Shifting goalposts. 

It does not exist as claimed. The seas aren't rising.  That's a lie.  The polar bears aren't all dying. Another lie. The poles aren't melting to the point they'll never recover. Another lie. Every bit of it is a manufactured crisis, an utter falsehood. 

The earth warms and cools over time (centuries) as part of its natural cycle.  There is NOTHING you, I, Wes or a billion Chinese can do about it.  You don't have to be a genius to see that over many years and years (as evidenced by the archeological record) that across the eons there have been peaks and valleys.  The current peak isn't even close to the highest- way back before cows farted, cars ran on gas, people cooked on gas stoves, and coal was burned.  But real, legit, not bought-and-paid-for, scientists tend to agree that we are about at the apex of the current peak and there's an ice age on the horizon. 

If you're a climate changer, you're a fucking bleating sheep.  Period.  It's a manufactured crisis designed to herd the sheep and push the world closer to rule by a handful of elites.

Wake up.  Don't just baaaa along with the rest, Wes.  You're smarter than that. 

I say that and then I remember the same Wes claiming the absolute scientific fact of "global climate change" was also all in on masks (horseshit), jabs (deadly) and the entire Covid fraud.
This reminds me to ask. Did you ever take your clot shot?

You do realize that if you plan on going to any x gates you will have to show proof. And wear a mask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2023, 01:44:59 PM »

Live look at Wes after posting this and waiting...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2023, 02:04:07 PM »
Live look at Wes after posting this and waiting...

Shit.  I'm not even interested in engaging on such an obvious point.  Some folks have followed the dumb all the way off the cliff and are lost forever.  Pretty sad, really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions